What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.5.20130714b.4 - .7

2»

Comments

• shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    bongie wrote: »
    So your asking to complete all new content in a couple of days then be bored?? its fine the way it is.. least this way we have something progressive to work towards..

No I'm not asking that. Thanks for making up your own stupid point and then calling it stupid. Well done.

Aaaanyway... i was thinking about the dev comment about the buffs not being considered worth all the effort etc. but instead of giving us bigger buffs (which might unbalance things) how about unlocking features like being able to call up a portable vendor or portable mailbox? I would think a very large proportion of the 2 million would complete all tasks if that was the end goal.
  • satansnemesissatansnemesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited August 2013
    I have been having horrible lag spikes since the new patch. It always seems to happen right when I initiate combat (not every time). I will start the fight and then have to wait 10 or more seconds for the server to start responding again and hope I'm not dead.

At least sort finally works again.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote: »
    Edit: New minor patch Friday, 8/2!

Release Notes: NW.5.20130714b.7

Professions and Inventory
    • The Sort button once again works in the Inventory UI.

Thanks. BEST PATCH EVER!
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I posted it in the campaign thread but here it is again since there seems to be some dense people posting up top:

Please do not change the cost of unlocking and the time-walls (apart from the first few ones). People will speed run through the entire content in a week and they will be back to whining and crying about it. There will be no reason to do any of the quest lines once and Sharandar will be barren very soon and everyone will be back to wondering about module 2 and giving 0 <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the current one. Guess what, progression is supposed to take time and resources and the quests are very easy. They are crying now but if you launch that system, they will still be grinding and have reason to log-in everyday to continue their progression. Do not let a few whiners change your perception and the long term direction of this module.

As for the passives, I believe most of them are fairly useless and needs a just little bit of buffing, except for the "Encounter powers have a chance to give 2250 regen". The final passive seems ripe for exploitation in pvp.

I would like to reiterate my suggestion of having several (2-4) very long term uber buffs (grants 2250 deflection, recovery, defense, HP, movement speed <<< stuff that isn't as exploitable as power/crit/regen) that needed 500-3000 feywild sparks, 40gold etc. This will have a clearcut longterm goal for people to continue farming Sharandar even after the first month.

Another suggestion would be to have the same core passive buffs with the same costs, except each one of them could be upgraded to tier 2 and to tier 3. You can make the tier 2 and tier 3 upgrades very expensive and they would be the long-term goal. Players would be able to feel fulfilled by acquiring tier 1 buffs but tier 2-3 buffs would give them a reason to keep coming back and dedicated themselves to Sharandar. I have seen all the new T2 gear and it WILL NOT keep people coming back just as the Gauntlgrym set didn't. It is a sidegrade that requires too much work to be put into that doing dungeon delves would give you better gear faster.

edit after Release Notes: NW.5.20130714b.7
    I realized that the limiting factor preventing players from progressing too fast is the Feywild spark. As long as that bar stays still, the change of the time wall from 20hours to 10seconds is fine.

The sheep will calm down on complaining while the underlying crucial barrier will still be there.

Good change!

On a different note, I would assume that all the gear here is BOP right? I would strongly advise for it.
    The new effects of the gear and the enchants are unique enough and not overpowered.

Finally, some more suggestions. I understand Artificing and Weaponsmithing were originally part of the beta but as of right now, I think including reinforcing of weapons at lvl20 is important or else there would be no point to level it up other than transmorgification. Right now, weapons of almost similar quality are being sold at the auction house for as low as 10k diamonds. Seeing as how reinforced weapons are now BOP, having that task would entice every player, even highest end ones, to level it up to 20. You can introduce new BIS recipes months later but for right now, I think that is the way to go to not make it seem useless.
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    that needed 500-3000 feywild sparks, 40gold etc. This will have a clearcut longterm goal for people to continue farming Sharandar even after the first month.
    No, thanks. I don't want to play a grindfest game.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    No, thanks. I don't want to play a grindfest game.

Well, you really haven't played MMOs/RPGs in general. Those feywild spark amounts pertain to the final passive/s and to give people a reason to keep playing. This is one solution to provide some of the folks who do not want to run dungeons or who want to take a break from running dungeons an alternative to progress through the endgame and also a long term goal in a particular instance. If you have a specific suggestion, bring it up to the devs.

Better to have the sheep crying about not finishing content fast enough than crying about having nothing to do in the game.

Next!
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Haven't seen anything in regards to the Moonlight Gate being able to be unlocked yet. Is it [and just didn't make the patch notes] or isn't it ready?

I'm asking because I'll have the materials to unlock it tomorrow.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    The Moonlight Gate should be unlockable, yep! (It wasn't explicitly locked from Preview testing like the Banshee Gate was.)
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    terramak wrote:
    All companions now have a passive power that unlocks at Rank 30.
    Ioun Stone of Allure doesn't have new power at 30 lvl.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    matii1509 wrote: »
    Ioun Stone of Allure doesn't have new power at 30 lvl.

So, u want the stone to be even more OP and making the other Companions even more useless?
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • matii1509matii1509 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I pay attention to a mistake in the description (patch notes) or in game.
  • willshaw75willshaw75 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Woah... they listened to us about the Rogue. Maybe we can get them to nerf the GWF!
  • kerrovitarrakerrovitarra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 559 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    willshaw75 wrote: »
    Woah... they listened to us about the Rogue. Maybe we can get them to nerf the GWF!
    Bettee nerf Irelia... I mean - tenebrous.
This discussion has been closed.