What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Sportsmanship

Comments

• chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    llantiss wrote: »
    You premade against pugs? sad :[

Come on now, even Lemonade Stand knows how enjoyable it is to spread fear.
    edited August 2013
    trolj wrote: »
    This is mainly a PvE game, PvP here is a side activity at most.

Stupidest quote ever. I hope you decide one day to get some glory, for whatever reason, and face Molon Labe.
  • evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    1 kill = 30 glory whether you win lose or surrender. That kinda keeps the motivation a lil higher.

I'd also suggest providing each newly-rolled rogue character with a free greater vorpal or tenebrous enchantment in this case, just to keep them motivated.
    Stupidest quote ever. I hope you decide one day to get some glory, for whatever reason, and face Molon Labe.

>3 maps
    >2 modes
    >no world PvP
    >no duels
    >no ratings, so poster is forced to show off his personal achievement in his signature
    >best gear comes from PvE
    >arenas mainly used to speed-level chars or farm gold with bots
    >NOT A SIDE ACTIVITY NO SIR BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'd also suggest providing each newly-rolled rogue character with a free greater vorpal or tenebrous enchantment in this case, just to keep them motivated.

>3 maps
    >2 modes
    >no world PvP
    >no duels
    >no ratings, so poster is forced to show off his personal achievement in his signature
    >best gear comes from PvE
    >arenas mainly used to speed-level chars or farm gold with bots
    >NOT A SIDE ACTIVITY NO SIR BECAUSE YOU ARE STUPID

Since I strongly feel that Tene's are bugged and should be removed from the game or only 1 per character used since it should be a unique enchant I will disagree on the free Tene enchants. We don't need to make PvP worse its goal is to be better which means no Tene's. There is a good Tene discussion going on in the other thread so not gonna repeat myself or go further with it here.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?428691-GF-Conqueror-and-Tenebrous-aka-OP
    edited August 2013
    Since I strongly feel that Tene's are bugged and should be removed from the game or only 1 per character used since it should be a unique enchant I will disagree on the free Tene enchants. We don't need to make PvP worse its goal is to be better which means no Tene's. There is a good Tene discussion going on in the other thread so not gonna repeat myself or go further with it here.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?428691-GF-Conqueror-and-Tenebrous-aka-OP

Yes, A-bomb, I know how you feel about Tene's and TRs, we all know, since you were quite vocal about it. I just wanted you to realize that "killz for glory" system won't be a healthy addition for PvP - because characters with lower-tier gear will be stomped by "leet squad" into the ground and all strategies will be revolved about spawn-camping "scrubs" and killing them as fast as possible INSTEAD of actually dominating. This will also remove DCs completely from the picture, since more healing-oriented builds are less likely to score kill, and yeah, participating in the PvP with such rules will be a bit counterproductive and masochistic. And the last - didn't you thought that instead of just sitting there in the camps people from losing teams will simply leave, over and over, so their oppressors wouldn't get additional glory? So are you actually proposing to give quitters more reason to quit and eliminate ANY reason to stay or attempt to fight for their teammembers ?
    edited August 2013
    Yes, A-bomb, I know how you feel about Tene's and TRs, we all know, since you were quite vocal about it. I just wanted you to realize that "killz for glory" system won't be a healthy addition for PvP - because characters with lower-tier gear will be stomped by "leet squad" into the ground and all strategies will be revolved about spawn-camping "scrubs" and killing them as fast as possible INSTEAD of actually dominating. This will also remove DCs completely from the picture, since more healing-oriented builds are less likely to score kill, and yeah, participating in the PvP with such rules will be a bit counterproductive and masochistic. And the last - didn't you thought that instead of just sitting there in the camps people from losing teams will simply leave, over and over, so their oppressors wouldn't get additional glory? So are you actually proposing to give quitters more reason to quit and eliminate ANY reason to stay or attempt to fight for their teammembers ?

Honestly getting glory when the match ends or as it happens wont change Players wanting to stomp the other team. Currently you get glory for kills after the match at what rate who knows or the break down on pts. So changing that to get glory as you get the kill at least means if after 1min the match is a disaster at least the losing team getting stomped get some rewards. Say you join a game you have a bot and a team that midawell be bots. You get like 5 kills then they leave and its over. Wouldn't you like to have 5kills x 30glory = 150 glory for your efforts as you hit the surrender button or if we don't get that leave. There are plenty of games that give rewards for kills as it happens but then again they also have world PvP which hopefully one day we can have in NW. That would be asking for a lot in a expansion down the road but be a great addition. I think Glory for the kills as they happen instead of after the match ends is more rewarding for the losing team and a nice way to rework and make a structure of how glory is earned and pts given in game.
    edited August 2013
    Say you join a game you have a bot and a team that midawell be bots.

So when the other team figures out that "hey guyz free killz", instead of capturing the points they all happily rush towards your spawn point and continue to mash buttons to PWN NOOBZ repeatedly to get this additional glory. Currently only people with certain mental problems/teenagers seems to enjoy such tactics, but your proposal makes it valuable for any team that is simply stronger, because many players in this game adore exploiting game mechanics. Without gear brackets you are simply asking for, as somebody nicely put it in one of the PvP-related threads before, to "feed you moar noobz". Ugh.
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited August 2013
    The epeen of those fools who threw $ at the game to troll pugs in pvp are whats wrong with pvp. And theres the second demographic of players who played since beta and have farmed their ad from dungeons a 5yo could exploit, to troll pugs in pvp.

Pvp is a bit of a joke in this game when its gear dictating who wins, and not skill.
    edited August 2013
    So when the other team figures out that "hey guyz free killz", instead of capturing the points they all happily rush towards your spawn point and continue to mash buttons to PWN NOOBZ repeatedly to get this additional glory. Currently only people with certain mental problems/teenagers seems to enjoy such tactics, but your proposal makes it valuable for any team that is simply stronger, because many players in this game adore exploiting game mechanics. Without gear brackets you are simply asking for, as somebody nicely put it in one of the PvP-related threads before, to "feed you moar noobz". Ugh.

I do PvP for kills.. Pts and basses are second really. That's how I get my blue items. If my team losses at least I win.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Bunch of wusses, getting spawn camped isn't the problem. It's your sorry *** that can't handle a challenge. If there's something you can't fix yourself, point a finger right?
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
    edited August 2013
    I do PvP for kills.. Pts and basses are second really. That's how I get my blue items. If my team losses at least I win.

So you crusade against Tenebrous enchantments and for additional simplicity of spawncamping simply because you want more blue items? You PvP not for a fair and honest fight, not for fun, not to experience the particular part of the game, but for items? I see. Roll a rogue, problem solved. Lol.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm generally against spawn camping too - if we haven't yet broken their spirit and they are still fighting back.

If people just camp in their spawn and never come out to fight - hell yea im gonna spawn camp you and encourage my team to do so too.

Spawn camping players that want to leave their spawn is lame, but camping your own spawn is even lamer.

Camping in the spawn is wasting everyones time, rude and definitely not sportsmanlike. Even if you know you have zero chance to win - you should still fight.

Why?
    - It's incredibly boring for everyone to just wait around.
    - Glory points are awarded for kills.
    - Even deaths can have purpose - most deaths in a match leads to an achievement
    - If your will is very broken due to being vastly outmatched, at least ask for a 1v1 in zone/say chat.

Personally think it's pretty dumb they changed some of the spawns to prevent people from getting in. Especially stupid on hotenow since theres a spot where ranged classes can attack from there spawn - and be untargetable to the enemy - basically allowed reverse spawn camping.

I mean they could leave that in, but they have to give a countdown for you to leave your spawn too if they do. Else people just hide up there and ruin others fun.
    eg:
    If you sit in your spawn for over 15 seconds: You are automatically killed, given 2 injuries, all of your equipment is unequipped and you lose 20 glory.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
    edited August 2013
    So you crusade against Tenebrous enchantments and for additional simplicity of spawncamping simply because you want more blue items? You PvP not for a fair and honest fight, not for fun, not to experience the particular part of the game, but for items? I see. Roll a rogue, problem solved. Lol.

You missed my crusade against the bugged exploited rogue class then. Play a rogue not till they are fixed. Spawn camping doesn't exist without spawn sitting. You missed my point. I don't PvP for items. I PvP to $%^& on someone. The goal is to kill.
    edited August 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    I'm generally against spawn camping too - if we haven't yet broken their spirit and they are still fighting back.

If people just camp in their spawn and never come out to fight - hell yea im gonna spawn camp you and encourage my team to do so too.

Spawn camping players that want to leave their spawn is lame, but camping your own spawn is even lamer.

Camping in the spawn is wasting everyones time, rude and definitely not sportsmanlike. Even if you know you have zero chance to win - you should still fight.

Why?
    - It's incredibly boring for everyone to just wait around.
    - Glory points are awarded for kills.
    - Even deaths can have purpose - most deaths in a match leads to an achievement
    - If your will is very broken due to being vastly outmatched, at least ask for a 1v1 in zone/say chat.

Personally think it's pretty dumb they changed some of the spawns to prevent people from getting in. Especially stupid on hotenow since theres a spot where ranged classes can attack from there spawn - and be untargetable to the enemy - basically allowed reverse spawn camping.

I mean they could leave that in, but they have to give a countdown for you to leave your spawn too if they do. Else people just hide up there and ruin others fun.
    eg:
    If you sit in your spawn for over 15 seconds: You are automatically killed, given 2 injuries, all of your equipment is unequipped and you lose 20 glory.

Nods for explaining this in a softer nicer way then I can a lot of the time.

I really like the idea of if you sit in spawn you are killed have injuries and lose glory that is hilarious and a awesome idea. We should have this working yesterday. Fixes a lot of issues and I think might just be better then my idea of them catapulted out after 15 seconds to fight.
    edited August 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Bunch of wusses, getting spawn camped isn't the problem. It's your sorry *** that can't handle a challenge. If there's something you can't fix yourself, point a finger right?

Hahah this right here, yet again. Same comment others have made, but seriously people, come out, attack, die, who cares? There's something else that hasn't been mentioned. As already said, many premades will let you 1v1 with their members, we do it all the time to dominated groups, and it's fun. But also, continuing to fight instead of giving up shows you how the players you're against PLAY, so for future knowledge and battles, if you want to get better, it's to your benefit to keep playing. About 75% of players in PvP play the same **** way every time. I've come back to play against people who ripped on me long ago via PM for "being a bad", simply paying attention to their methods. Next time, see you, better geared, and a better player, because I know what you're going to do. Too many people get gear complacency and start to rely on their awesome gear instead of playing, which is foolish at advanced levels in premade fights.
  • manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Spawn camping doesn't exist without spawn sitting.

Wait, what? Dude, go twist up another one and stop posting...
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    If you are being spawn camped, you deserve it.

This isnt a communist game, get over it.
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
    edited August 2013
    manholio wrote: »

You don't think he's right? If you sit there in the spawn at a score of 325 to 10, you BETTER believe I'm coming up there to ruin your day more. Get the hell out and fight.
    edited August 2013
    xpertzxxx wrote: »
    If you are being spawn camped, you deserve it.

This isnt a communist game, get over it.

Hahaha is this Tiduss, you dirty old man. Let's do some premade tonight.
  • mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If a team is getting destroyed and we're all sitting on our thumbs, I like to invite the other team to pick a person on my respective team to duel. At least it passes the time and as long as everyone is good with it, it's entertainment.
    edited August 2013
    You don't think he's right?

An abomination post and right don't belong in the same sentence.
  • mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Apologies if the following is somewhat unclear.

I'm somewhat of a new player. My gear is bad and I die really fast. I don't mind being catapulted out of the safe zone if I'm in it too long because I don't have to be there to walk out of the place, but being punished by losing glory/etc because I don't want to go down and repeatedly die to people who kill me in a couple seconds? Please no >.>

Spawn camping happens because one team is getting crushed, and they're most likely new players or undergeared (or so I've found, anyway). We new people are not here just to get glory (sometimes) and die repeatedly to people with higher gear until we can get some better pieces and maybe survive, and it seems wrong to me to punish them for being new and not geared.

I mind losing glory/getting wounds and such if I stay at the spawn too long when I'd get utterly destroyed the moment I left. I don't mind getting punted out of it by an invisible boot so people can have at me/allowing people to teleport to the spawn and try to kill us. I might even fight back because of the healing given by the spawn point campfire thing, though it would be nice if the campfire at my team's spawn doesn't heal the other team when they make it up there. Could even things out a little bit.
    edited August 2013
    mythaura wrote: »
    Apologies if the following is somewhat unclear.

I'm somewhat of a new player. My gear is bad and I die really fast. I don't mind being catapulted out of the safe zone if I'm in it too long because I don't have to be there to walk out of the place, but being punished by losing glory/etc because I don't want to go down and repeatedly die to people who kill me in a couple seconds? Please no >.>

Spawn camping happens because one team is getting crushed, and they're most likely new players or undergeared (or so I've found, anyway). We new people are not here just to get glory (sometimes) and die repeatedly to people with higher gear until we can get some better pieces and maybe survive, and it seems wrong to me to punish them for being new and not geared.

I mind losing glory/getting wounds and such if I stay at the spawn too long when I'd get utterly destroyed the moment I left. I don't mind getting punted out of it by an invisible boot so people can have at me/allowing people to teleport to the spawn and try to kill us. I might even fight back because of the healing given by the spawn point campfire thing, though it would be nice if the campfire at my team's spawn doesn't heal the other team when they make it up there. Could even things out a little bit.

Ok you make a fantastic point!! Lets go with the catapulted out of spawn area after 15 secs. Also a surrender button. To opt out as well as glory gained as you play instead of only at end of match.
    edited August 2013
    manholio wrote: »

My logic angers you because it makes sense. /stroke evil cat
    edited August 2013
    My logic angers you because it makes sense. /stroke evil cat

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhq75aJobC1qhi4nlo1_400.jpg
    edited August 2013
  • xpertzxxxxpertzxxx Member Posts: 96
    edited August 2013
    Hahaha is this Tiduss, you dirty old man. Let's do some premade tonight.

Only if you give me AD! I need to upgrade my rank 3s and lesser vorpal. Lawls.

on a side note, I want to camp some spawn tonight.
    Wtf is a Molon Labe?

- Tiduss -

(OoS)
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    Ok you make a fantastic point!! Lets go with the catapulted out of spawn area after 15 secs. Also a surrender button. To opt out as well as glory gained as you play instead of only at end of match.

How exactly is a 'surrender' button or being kicked out of a spawn point going to help a team that's hopelessly outmatched (through gear and/or skill)?

All you're looking to do is maximize your glory for stomping newbie PuGs which honestly, is despicable. If you want a challenge, go play against premades, if you're just looking to stomp newbies, go play a different MMO - you'd be doing us all a favor.
  • mythauramythaura Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    How exactly is a 'surrender' button or being kicked out of a spawn point going to help a team that's hopelessly outmatched (through gear and/or skill)?
    Surrender will help save time so people can be on their way. Being punted out of a spawn point will NOT give people wounds that take 5ish min(?) to get rid of, while at the same time letting the winning team get the glory they want and allow the losing team to fight if they wish, or get a snack if they don't. win/win.
  • brataccasbrataccas Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2013
    mythaura wrote: »
    Surrender will help save time so people can be on their way. Being punted out of a spawn point will NOT give people wounds that take 5ish min(?) to get rid of, while at the same time letting the winning team get the glory they want and allow the losing team to fight if they wish, or get a snack if they don't. win/win.

Or y'know - they could just *leave* like they do now - which is a heckuva lot fairer than finding artificial ways to keep underskilled/geared players in a match just for the benefit of the 'uber' players stomping them.

Players that get spawn-camped can't compete - players that can't compete don't get any rewards - making them stay in a match which is at *best* earning them nothing and at worst humiliating them is griefing.