test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Creation - Suggestion

urteniurteni Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi, I am just here to make a few suggestions about the character creation system - pretty much the physical being in its entirety.

I find every time I create a character in games, I spend much time with the fine tuning of it. For instance, in the RPG Oblivion I spent more than half an hour ironing out everything. With this game, I find there aren't enough things to mess about with. Most pieces are related to the face, as in other games; this doesn't really appeal to me. I would very much like to focus on the entire build of my character - how tall or wide should everything be to fit in?

Time and time again I redo characters, dissatisfied with even the finished product. Perhaps you could install a fine tuning system for every portion of the body? It would really help me assume the role of my character. I don't know how many people are die-hard RPGers such as myself, but I think that the image of he/she whom I assume the role of would make everything come together perfectly.

Thanks.
Post edited by urteni on

Comments

• vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would very much like to focus on the entire build of my character - how tall or wide should everything be to fit in?

You can actually change width, length etc of your body(-parts). It's not only face.
    signature-lili.png
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the reason we have less body tuning than most pwe games is cause the characters wear armours like wow but you can mix and match the armours transmute ones you like, or use fashion objects which dont affect stats you can dye armours and fasion items.

but also there are a few body sliders like the other guy said and hopfully they will add more, there is a tailor in game in the tower of changes who will let you redo your look for 200zen yes its kinda pricy i imagine if it was lower they could nickle n dime me for way more than they get from me now.
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the reason we have less body tuning than most pwe games is cause the characters wear armours like wow but you can mix and match the armours transmute ones you like, or use fashion objects which dont affect stats you can dye armours and fasion items.

but also there are a few body sliders like the other guy said and hopfully they will add more, there is a tailor in game in the tower of changes who will let you redo your look for 200zen yes its kinda pricy i imagine if it was lower they could nickle n dime me for way more than they get from me now.

The armor in this game isn't really like WoW. WoW actually has cool armor. This game's armor really doesn't have any diversity i guess you could say. Most of the armor for me looked the same from lv1-40 and then it changed a little. By far wow has way much more armor diversity and looks a lot cooler.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    raddatack wrote: »
    ....By far wow has way much more armor diversity and looks a lot cooler.

agreed.............
    agreed.....Regardless of what your toon looks like, we all look the same with armor on. Kind of sucks. NEED more diversity big time!
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    At the end of the day the only person who really cares how you look is yourself, which is fine. What's not fine is coding in a bunch of minor options that most people won't notice or appreciate. I mean, when I'm running around in game I'm not checking out people's leg diameter or bicep size. Now, if they had an extremely large head or belly or whatever yeah, but adding options in just for the sake of doing it is probably low on the development list. The only way it wouldn't be is if they could charge for new customization options.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013

THIS EXACTLY.

Armor has to fit over the character mesh. Allowing the mesh to be too variable would either make armor much harder to overlay or distort it greatly. By keeping body meshes fairly consistent, they have made it much easier to apply gear and equipment.

This has been hinted at already. It has been implied that in early alpha they toyed around with including Dragonborn as a race, but it was later dropped. I expect it was for this reason exactly. Every item of clothing and every piece of armor would have to have an alternate mesh to work with a larger non-standard body type.

Its for this reason, I suspect, that we will never see beast races in this game.