test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Classes / Races now plz!

pipebombb13pipebombb13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This game has the potential to be a good MMO, now its the time to bring in new classes and races.

All you have to do is look through 4E Books and there right there in front of you dev team, please hurry, don't let this game die.
Post edited by pipebombb13 on

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Game is not dieing and new races are coming in Aug and a new class is already in the works.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This game has the potential to be a good MMO, now its the time to bring in new classes and races.

All you have to do is look through 4E Books and there right there in front of you dev team, please hurry, don't let this game die.

It is a bit more work than just looking through the 4th edition books to add races and classes to the game.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Game is not dieing and new races are coming in Aug and a new class is already in the works.

You realize that the "new" races are just the vanilla elves with some extra hair options and a +2% AP gain racial. Same +2 Dex, +2Int/Wis as the other elf race. A combination which still makes elves inferior to other races for any class pick.
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't matter. It is STILL new races and still some new looks
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They're supposedly also working on dragon-borne. And yeah you can just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out a new race or class. It takes coding and design.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
  • l3l3l3l3l3l3l3l3 Member Posts: 73
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    It is a bit more work than just looking through the 4th edition books to add races and classes to the game.

I disagree. It IS that simple.
  • cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    on-rails "quick thru's" are not my idea of an MMO .....
    And lets say the work required to add classes and races is a given.

This game is about making profit, whats stopping the extra classes and races is an internal financial issue, not a lack of ability to write code.
  • croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    l3l3l3l3 wrote: »
    I disagree. It IS that simple.

Races yes - as long they are reskins. Then you have some work to do with racials <- So it will get advanced to balance that.

And a new class - Abilities must be designed and balanced to the same level as the current classes, Spell effects and design = work, then not to talk about the time it takes to make sure the abilities of the new class wont interfer with the current class abilities - It just goes on and on.

Releasing a Race and/or class to early will not give the game more players, but actually more quitters. All the bugs/exploits would make people insane (not that there is no bugs/exploits right now, but it is significently less than it would be if you didn't take time to develop). Don't get me wrong, there will always be bugs and exploit - But the more time they spend on a project, the better it will be.
    asailorsadventure.png
    Shortcode copy: NW-DFQEQQ8H6
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I disagree. Cryptic should NOT add new classes to Neverwinter and should first focus on adding new Paragon Paths for existing classes. I am fine with Cryptic adding new races however.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • croffilecroffile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I disagree. Cryptic should NOT add new classes to Neverwinter and should first focus on adding new Paragon Paths for existing classes. I am fine with Cryptic adding new races however.

Agreed.

Atleast 1 new paragon path for each class will be a good start, more than 1 at a time will cause balancing issues.
    asailorsadventure.png
  • raddatackraddatack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I agree. The classes that we have now need diversity.
    search%3Fq%3Ddungeons%2Band%2Bdragons%2Blogo%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=dungeons+and+dragons+logo&usg=__h0EtYmMBvby3i0RqIk3wKubdfTU=&docid=2eAJThLCmGZbCM&sa=X&ei=35r_Uac9ldzgA9fsgJgJ&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAA&dur=295
    edited July 2013
    It is not that easy to add in more races and classes. To the poster that said it was easy. You should learn coding before commenting about stuff like that. I was head of tech support for a messageboard software company. That had thousands of lines of code. So you can imagine how much code it takes to do a game like this up.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It is not that easy to add in more races and classes. To the poster that said it was easy. You should learn coding before commenting about stuff like that. I was head of tech support for a messageboard software company. That had thousands of lines of code. So you can imagine how much code it takes to do a game like this up.

But with a race being a copy of another one with a new texture mesh put over it, that does make the process simpler as you can then copy/child the code from the original/mother and have that as a base to work around.
  • chrisg40kchrisg40k Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Agreed and well said.
    edited July 2013
    But with a race being a copy of another one with a new texture mesh put over it, that does make the process simpler as you can then copy/child the code from the original/mother and have that as a base to work around.

That is one way of doing it, however racials and unique features for the race still has to be written in new code and developed. So there quite alot of work involved unless you want an exact copy of another race with a different name.
    asailorsadventure.png
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Whats sad is that they said back when Open Beta started that there was 2 classes being worked on and one ALMOST made it into open beta. Then in an interview a few weeks ago they said that two are being worked on but one isnt even 10% done and the other is only about 40% so tell me how a class went from "almost being in Open beta" to "only 40% complete". This game IS dieing and if you dont see it then your just pulling the covers over your head because you dont want it to. Trust me i didnt wanna have this opinion of the game but PWE/Cryptic have pretty much ruined any credibility they did have with all of the flip flop comments they've made in interviews. If your happy with the whole 2 weeks worth of extra content coming out with the feywild mod then more power to you but for serious MMO players thats not going to cut it. There is NO diversity in the classes that exsist right now and the content is hella stale. If they want to keep a good player base they need to add vertical content and raids, not horizontal content that will get blown through a couple weeks after it releases. One of the reasons ive stopped playing for now is because the game is very boring, and i may not even come back as they've said in an interview that there is absolutely no raid content even been talked about by the devs. That will be a huge problem for them eventually and will cause any serious MMO player to leave later this year once Archeage or EQ Next come out.
  • nonsenseinonsensei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You realize that the "new" races are just the vanilla elves with some extra hair options and a +2% AP gain racial. Same +2 Dex, +2Int/Wis as the other elf race. A combination which still makes elves inferior to other races for any class pick.

You realize all racial stats are so weak they are irrelevant. If you are picking a race based on best stats provided instead of how cool they look then i pity you.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    croffile wrote: »
    That is one way of doing it, however racials and unique features for the race still has to be written in new code and developed. So there quite alot of work involved unless you want an exact copy of another race with a different name.

Which is why I said you have that copy as a base to work around and change. Its easier to go through code changing little things then writing it all out brand new.
    edited July 2013
    neyph69 wrote: »
    Whats sad is that they said back when Open Beta started that there was 2 classes being worked on and one ALMOST made it into open beta. Then in an interview a few weeks ago they said that two are being worked on but one isnt even 10% done and the other is only about 40% so tell me how a class went from "almost being in Open beta" to "only 40% complete". This game IS dieing and if you dont see it then your just pulling the covers over your head because you dont want it to. Trust me i didnt wanna have this opinion of the game but PWE/Cryptic have pretty much ruined any credibility they did have with all of the flip flop comments they've made in interviews. If your happy with the whole 2 weeks worth of extra content coming out with the feywild mod then more power to you but for serious MMO players thats not going to cut it. There is NO diversity in the classes that exsist right now and the content is hella stale. If they want to keep a good player base they need to add vertical content and raids, not horizontal content that will get blown through a couple weeks after it releases. One of the reasons ive stopped playing for now is because the game is very boring, and i may not even come back as they've said in an interview that there is absolutely no raid content even been talked about by the devs. That will be a huge problem for them eventually and will cause any serious MMO player to leave later this year once Archeage or EQ Next come out.

I'm 50/50 with you. Yeah they might of almost been done with a class or race and now are only 40% finished with it probably because they're things called set backs. Fixing errors in the game and trying to crack down are people that like to bot is more important than a new race/class. Even then adding more paragon paths to a class is also more important.
    edited July 2013

If you are not happy here then why are you still here. I am a veteran MMO player and have been playing MMOs since 2000. This game ain't dieing.
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you are not happy here then why are you still here. I am a veteran MMO player and have been playing MMOs since 2000. This game ain't dieing.

New classes would help in keeping more players happy. Right now you have 4 classes capable of dps, 3 capable of tanking most dungeons and only one who can heal. At least at epic levels. The paladin class as a melee healer would make this game have some more balance.

Almost every gg about half the people leave without doing a delve due to lack of DC 3 of my last 4 have happened this way, the time it didn't one of our guild dc was on. I love the idea of multiple classes. Its one of the things that keeps the alt player playing for months leveling up all the classes. Balance in pvp would be an issues at first im sure oh but wait there isn't exactly balance in pvp now anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neyph69neyph69 Banned Users Posts: 150 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

You obviously didnt read the post, when i started i was in a guild of 230 people, very active with anywhere from 50-75 people on at any given time, and about 100-120 on at peak hours. I log in every so often and now i only see about 10-20 people on in my guild during peak hours. MANY other people have stated the same thing. This game IS dieing. I come here to stay up to date and see if things are getting better and know when new content is coming so i check preview it thats about it. And if youve been playing MMOs since 2000 and call yourself a "veteran" then how could you possible be ok with this "MMO". Either A: your lying, or B: your not a serious MMO player.
    edited July 2013
    You obviously didnt read the post, when i started i was in a guild of 230 people, very active with anywhere from 50-75 people on at any given time, and about 100-120 on at peak hours. I log in every so often and now i only see about 10-20 people on in my guild during peak hours. MANY other people have stated the same thing. This game IS dieing. I come here to stay up to date and see if things are getting better and know when new content is coming so i check preview it thats about it. And if youve been playing MMOs since 2000 and call yourself a "veteran" then how could you possible be ok with this "MMO". Either A: your lying, or B: your not a serious MMO player.

Now you are insulting me by calling me a lier. In case you missed elsewhere in one of my posts, it I am a PnP player of D&D for 30 years. Of course the guild won't be as active cause alot of those player burnt thru the content so nothing to do. And alot of people don't come on the forums or talk in chat in-game so your so called many is a small amount
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I agree the game is not dying overall but there is a death for many players taking place. However I will disagree with the OP, we do NOT need a new race, we need a new class and some new paragon paths. Races are, in almost every MMO a cosmetic thing and here is no exception. Oh I know there are racial bonuses but they can easily be equaled out with gear, races are in the end really cosmetic.

New classes will give those of us that are capped out something truly new to do. I mean running a CW as an Elf and a Human and an Orc even is not really any different, the same applies to each class. A new class means new game play, well at least as far as the limited quests lines will currently allow.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg