test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PW Surveys

trixster67trixster67 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Ok I know that this will be flagged or removed quickly. I wanted to bring up a point about the surveys PW with Peanut Labs puts out for us to do to earn Zen are complete scams. If you have tried to win a item in a dungeon or chest then you know odds are very high well the odds that you get a legitimate survey or ad are the same. Either you take the surveys and they disqualify you at the very end (15-30min into survey) or they have you fill out ads then get bombarded with so many pop ups diverting pages or never crediting and Zen.They then say you didn't fill out anything but then we end up with 500 emails from 1 ad that u apparently did not fill out. I have had to change my email as well as my phone number because of this. This is a huge scam on their part, if they say they have no responsibility over the ads well they promote it with emails promising riches and bonuses as well as on their website they host it. I have contacted BBB and the attorney General internet Fraud department about this and I encourage you to do the same. I completely agree they have a right to make money and I say yes to being able to fill out a survey daily or a ad to try to make a few zen. I have read tons of forums all over where people feel the same way. I am just posting this to warn beware the ads/surveys are a scam you may get lucky with one. Please don't flame me if you disagree
Post edited by trixster67 on

Comments

• sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    That sucks man but nobody from the BBB is going to "take u srsly."

/walloftext
  • uberwolfeuberwolfe Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree. I have about 15 "surveys" I have legitimately completed yet got not a single zen for them.
  • itssevere1itssevere1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    <please do not link to unofficial surveys and giveaways as we can not vouch for their authenticity>
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    And yet multiple people, including myself, have been able to complete surveys and get the Zen from them. Are you sure the problem isnt a PEBCAK error?
  • silvernitesilvernite Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Any adult knows that these surveys aren't any good.

They are just phishing attempts to gain information on you. Companies like Cryptic and others can't legally sale your information to ad companies, because of this, the ad companies give the companies money to allow them to put surveys on their site allowing people to voluntarily give out their information.

This isn't against the law, you are voluntarily giving out your information for statistical purposes.

On the issue of the BBB and the contacting the Attorney General about Internet Fraud. First off the BBB don't have authority to do anything, they have no rights to get involved in the business of any company. Second, this isn't internet fraud so the Attorney General will not get involved.
  • sturmwaffel2sturmwaffel2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 219 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    silvernite wrote: »
    Any adult knows that these surveys aren't any good.

They are just phishing attempts to gain information on you. Companies like Cryptic and others can't legally sale your information to ad companies, because of this, the ad companies give the companies money to allow them to put surveys on their site allowing people to voluntarily give out their information.

This isn't against the law, you are voluntarily giving out your information for statistical purposes.

On the issue of the BBB and the contacting the Attorney General about Internet Fraud. First off the BBB don't have authority to do anything, they have no rights to get involved in the business of any company. Second, this isn't internet fraud so the Attorney General will not get involved.

Now hang on just a minute! I used to do surveys between classes in high school! They net you some pretty decent pocket change, I'd call it close to an allowance. But these definitely do not pay out. I would recommend a quick google search. Just remember 100 Zen = $1.
  • nasafurenasafure Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Always remember you're the master of your computer don't let it master you.
    Parting is all we know of heaven, And all we need of hell.
  • trixster67trixster67 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No the BBB do help all the time, what they do is contact the company and inform them there is a problem and the complaints do effect their credit standings if enough are posted on them - like a 5 star hotel credit standings if it has complaints filed against it the ratings go down. I have used these two avenues of approach on companies before and in each situation when the company receives a letter from them they respond and we work out a solution. I have not asked for anything other than it to be honest and not a scam. I just tried again today on 5 different ones, 2 disqualified right from the start because I did not fall in their category (which that is fine) but the next 3 went all the way through about 15+ min into it shows 98% complete and it disqualified on last questions about race or amount or money making or age which the first 2 surveys asked in the beginning. I am all for doing surveys to make zen or etc would love to do a couple a day to buy a key or save up for a bag if they was legit
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    trixster67 wrote: »
    No the BBB do help all the time, what they do is contact the company and inform them there is a problem and the complaints do effect their credit standings if enough are posted on them - like a 5 star hotel credit standings if it has complaints filed against it the ratings go down. I have used these two avenues of approach on companies before and in each situation when the company receives a letter from them they respond and we work out a solution. I have not asked for anything other than it to be honest and not a scam. I just tried again today on 5 different ones, 2 disqualified right from the start because I did not fall in their category (which that is fine) but the next 3 went all the way through about 15+ min into it shows 98% complete and it disqualified on last questions about race or amount or money making or age which the first 2 surveys asked in the beginning. I am all for doing surveys to make zen or etc would love to do a couple a day to buy a key or save up for a bag if they was legit

Nothing you have stated has pointed out that they werent legit. You didnt qualify for the surveys so they werent going to pay you. No where did you enter a contract saying that you would get paid for your time, but only you would get paid if you qualified.

Not to mention that PWE has no control over Peanutlabs surveys.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Understand that surveys are HIGHLY demographic specific. Marketing companies pay PL ridiculous amounts of money to collect marketable and (this is the point I stress) non personally-identifiable information so that companies can tailor their ads and marketing to their target audiences. If you don't fit the demographic they're looking for, you're going to get disqualified. These firms aren't newbies to this either--they know that some people may fill in bogus information just to get the freebies and tailor their questions and responses accordingly.

While I agree that there needs to be a "consolation prize" of a token amount of ZEN, such, sadly, is the way surveys work.

Also, BBB rating has no bearing on a business' credit standing. That's determined by agencies that have nothing to do with the BBB. It's arbitrary and it has been shown that some companies pay the BBB to inflate their ratings so take their ratings with a grain (or cup) of salt as necessary.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've gotten about 5000 Zen from those sites. I estimate they owe me another 5000 Zen, but I don't care. I have my T3 mount and it's all that matters. Shady, shady business.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    K fine i am sorry the BBB does suck. Watched few reports about it I was wrong sorry. I am sad now :( i liked the BBB its was a non profit. When it started out it was good, but money and power does corrupt all things...... Ya so they suck and doesnt really mean a company is good or bad.

Still i cant say this company cryptic does a good job at customer relations.