test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do i make a good story with enough action and adventure?

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
What are some tips for a good story driven foundry
is it better to make a campaign or just a quest, it seems a lot of people are not interested in my foundry even though i worked hard on it and i improved with each published, i guess im not a good story teller. need tips on my next one on how to improve, you will know what i am lacking if you play my foundries, since i don't get enough reviews i wouldn't know and will keep unintentionally making bad foundries. I know one of my major flaws is spelling and grammer

i have created
Danger rooms: test your strength- that is not counted since it was my first foundry and was just having fun
Monster Party: probably my most non buggy foundry
Battlefield chaos: probably my longest work since i ran out of storyboard near the end and i had to cut things out to fit
Eyeopticalypse: my most story driven and interesting foundry which is a campaign with 2 Acts.

If you want try em out yourself

Monster Party - NW-DD5TUARJI
Battlefield Chaos - NW-DJHOI2LSY Is it just me or does the S in the codes look like a 5
Eyeopticalypse - NWS-DP9J886ZV
Act 1: The Dark Forest - NW-DM7OEA47J
Act 2: The Mansion - NW-DJHL97QYH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I thought Battlefield Chaos had a good story. :) You seem to be rushing, and cutting yourself short. It's okay to go back and edit, and polish, and go back again, and again. Battlefield Chaos especially has a ton of potential, you just need to take your time and give it some love.
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Patience is key, don't give up and keep on working. Also, one of the best things you can do to improve as an author is to play other author's works. Atleast this is how it works for me :)

But keep at it, I'll check through your quests. (Adding them to my list.) And i'll send you a PM when i'm done.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    thank you for the tips guys, also anyone know why my campaign foundry isn't in my subscribe list? i subscribed to myself so i can find my foundries
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jedite2012 wrote: »
    thank you for the tips guys, also anyone know why my campaign foundry isn't in my subscribe list? i subscribed to myself so i can find my foundries

Did you attach another quest to the campaign that you haven't finished yet? I've heard that attaching unpublished quests to a campaign causes the campaign to not show up.