test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about new classes and races

vch1970vch1970 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone have any news about possible new classes or races?
Post edited by vch1970 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Check out the Fury of the Feywild.

All players will receive the Sun Elf race to play for free while Knights of the Feywild will get the variant race, Moon Elf, with the purchase of the pack.

Stats:
    Sun Elves:

Inner Calm - Racial
    Your inner peace and serenity cause you to focus more clearly on the task at hand. +2% Action Point gain.

Sun Elf Grace Racial
    Your bottomless grace increases your resistance to Crowd Control effects by 10%.

Ability Score choices
    +2 Intelligence
    +2 Dexterity OR Charisma

Moon Elves:

Wanderlust - Racial
    You cannot stay in one place long and are always roaming and seeking new oddities. +1% Action Point gain and +1% Stamina Regen.

Moon Elf Resilience Racial
    Your elven resilience increases your resistance to Crowd Control effects by 10%.

Ability Score choices
    +2 Intelligence
    +2 Dexterity OR Charisma

Unfortunately there is no news on future classes yet but they are being worked on. :)
  • mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I tend to disagree on the classes, I believe (I could be wrong, feel free to go back and read it like I have 25x) the "State of the Game" said that Gaunt was going to come out "within a few weeks' and during OBT. They also spoke about a "ranged" class. Then all of a sudden OMG it's launch time! And we get a broken Gaunt with no class.

$0.02
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They mostly just tease, vaguely, or stall, for long periods of time, while the playerbase reach 30+ page forum threads and leveling their 6th alt while waiting (unless they leave), and once the Devs finally did announce new races, they actually charge IRL money for one of them (two, incl Menzo Drow)... and hold back Drow for several months... in a Dungeons & Dragons game. And they tease, oh so vagely, about classes, without even close to a release date. Rarely an official word. Rarely a response to anything important, or just stalling answers not saying much, if anything.
    They have done this since the betas. I have yet to see them showing a change of their ways.
    Classes rumored to be coming are Archer Ranger and Scourge Warlock, from people datamining (IIR) the game, but naturally they won't say diddly squat about them, or when, not even a rough estimate like "this year".

So to OP;
    Ambis happy post and mine for a reality check. ;)
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2013
    Would have been better if he had kept his mouth shut instead of teasing a "ranged" class which obviously only exists in his imagination and won't be done for months if ever.
  • johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Would have been better if he had kept his mouth shut instead of teasing a "ranged" class which obviously only exists in his imagination and won't be done for month if ever.

Would have been better if they had established and nurtured an open and honest communication with their customers and playerbase, outlining current states and future projects with details added as often they could, and not going back on their word or lie about merchandise people payed for under false advertising.
    Or they could start now, before it really is too late in alot of peoples minds. Somehow I doubt it.
  • parp12parp12 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mh0ram wrote: »
    I tend to disagree on the classes, I believe (I could be wrong, feel free to go back and read it like I have 25x) the "State of the Game" said that Gaunt was going to come out "within a few weeks' and during OBT. They also spoke about a "ranged" class. Then all of a sudden OMG it's launch time! And we get a broken Gaunt with no class.

$0.02
    That's not news, that's olds.