test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Different Idea for nerfing Perma-stealth in PvP

teirstteirst Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
So from my understanding the whole reason behind the nerf to lurkers is not to hurt TR's damage in PvE (because if anything they are actually a bit behind where they should be) it is to stop the annoying perma-stealther's in pvp. The 60% damage boost to Cloud of Steel just makes the ability too strong....but what if they were FORCED to use other at wills?

Currently CoS's daggers just regenerate over time....and very quickly at that. What is the intended purpose of CoS? I have always thought it was to give TR's an at will that allows them to dip out of battle when they must but never to be used as a PRIMARY at-will (thus the limit on daggers).

My idea

Cloud of Steel: You now regenerate Dagger's based off of how many times you attack with OTHER at-wills. Let's just say 5 for example, 5 sly flourishes or 5 duelist flurry attacks. (note: these attacks MUST hit a target....you can't just spam them on nothing)

You still keep your Cap of 12 (I believe) daggers. You still get to keep the Idea of being able to be in the middle of combat and using your abilities, and when someone runs you can "finish" them off with daggers (in pvp). Or when in PvE and things get a bit too Hectic you can dip out to safety but still contribute via CoS then return to battle and your daggers will quickly regenerate once you actually start attacking (with another At-will) again.

I believe this minor change would COMPLETELY eliminate the the current "stealth TR" because they would have no way to regenerate their daggers which is a very large portion of their annoyance and damage. It would also leave current PvE rogue's "un-nerfed" who honestly....have suffered enough