test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why Does Cryptic Allow Bots and Gold Farmers?

dost420dost420 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
These guys from <Removed URL> and others like them are spoiling the game economy.
Their bots/farming slaves/players only farm gold and then they buy hundreds of enchanted keys at higher gold price 50G than normal players trade it for. This is just spoiling the fun and relevance of p2p trading.

Why allow it?
Post edited by dost420 on

Comments

• dost420dost420 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also whats up with those AH sales profession resources of 999iron ore/999pelts etc. wthell. why don't cryptic keeps a check.I'm sure something is illegitimate with these sellers.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Now that is incompetence.

Oh, not the fact that Cryptic can't stop gold sellers in-game - even Blizzard had issues with that, although a lot of buyers ended up with banned accounts. It is the fact that Cryptic haven't even bothered to put a restriction on the IRLs you can post on their official forums......

P.S. IBTL......
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Now that is incompetence.

Oh, not the fact that Cryptic can't stop gold sellers in-game - even Blizzard had issues with that, although a lot of buyers ended up with banned accounts. It is the fact that Cryptic haven't even bothered to put a restriction on the IRLs you can post on their official forums......

P.S. IBTL......

Still, they could play whackamole more efficiently. I see a character called www (dot) wtsgold (dot) com* on various handles every day, they haven't even needed to morph.

(I changed it a bit as it would be typical of Cryptic/PWE to not control it in game, but have some sort of forum filter that spits its dummy out :) )
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Simple answer. It's not allowed and both the accounts selling and buying from such websites would be violating the Terms of Service. It is actually one of the worst breaches of the Terms of Service in any MMO.

If you see any person advertizing such websites please do not hesitate to report them. :)

Sadly this thread doesn't really have anywhere else to go so I am going to lock it. If you have any more questions about this topic please don't hesitate to PM a Moderator.
This discussion has been closed.