test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Defense stat

rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just wondering what all the classes shoot for in defensive stat

i was running T2 pugs today, and i keep seeing poeple with only like 600 points in defense with 9k gs.. Is that normal, because it seems really low to me, and i play a DC, and when ppl have only 600 for defense it means my job is going to be hard

also, how much do drake seal items sell for in gold?
Post edited by rnewton8 on

Comments

• Options
    rhymfaxerhymfaxe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If those players were DCs, they're gonna have a bad time. I've nearly maxed out my cleric (12.3k all BiS items), and I use defensive rings and and belt. I currently have 3k defense, though in retrospect I would have gone with HP enchants after 2.4k maybe.

Defense was more important before the balance patch, but still is very important for a DC. Granted I never run with a GF, and only recently one of my friends switched to his offensive spec GWF. From my observations people don't die because you can't heal them enough, they go splat when the mitigation goes down, and no amount of crit/power from offensive stats is gonna help you there. Recovery helps, but I'm already at 4.2k and the gains are extremely minor at that point (for example if I had 12k recovery my AS cooldown would be 0.4sec shorter).
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'd be worried if someone had 600 in defense, especially if they aren't a rogue(who can sometimes carry it off) or stacking high deflection. As a GF myself, I have 3.2k defense and 700 or so deflection. I'm not even a tank specced GF.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    GF, not tank spec, but 4600 defense (sets mostly) and 1900 deflect, 57% mitigation with feats - can last a while under fire.
  • Options
    rnewton8rnewton8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Thx for feedback --I agree, its when the mitigation goes down (i.e Hallowed ground feated, and Astral Shield) when these ppl with low defense have serious problem.

So a good rouge may be ok with only 600 defense
    And for GF, I should be seeing pretty high numbers.
    What about a CW, what is considered normal for their defensive stat

As a DC myself, Im sitting on about 2k which seems adequete for T2, plus a stone with alot of defense and recovery.
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rnewton8 wrote: »
    Thx for feedback --I agree, its when the mitigation goes down (i.e Hallowed ground feated, and Astral Shield) when these ppl with low defense have serious problem.

So a good rouge may be ok with only 600 defense
    And for GF, I should be seeing pretty high numbers.
    What about a CW, what is considered normal for their defensive stat

As a DC myself, Im sitting on about 2k which seems adequete for T2, plus a stone with alot of defense and recovery.

CW defence is SO LOW it is always better to stack maxhp than defence/deflect, that extra dodge is all the defence they got.