test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So what was the patch for?

maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I wonder if the devs even tested the patch they did recently.

Obviously a lot are broken,

The bag sorting, Cleric HoT AP regen,

They did fix the "leashing" of bosses but did they understand why people did it? Dungeons like karundax... easy? Lets put more adds!!! To make it hard lets put ads that have cc immunity when they cast spells. Also lets put ads with higher def and HP. I could understand the need for leashing........ but having to deal with so many adds with cc immunities and cant be killed fast is a bit too much dont you think.

I've also noticed that the loots are mostly garbage, specially BOP belts that i cant even use... sighs.

So really what was the patch for?

Why do you make it more harder for people who PUG, not all have the luxury of having a great static group. Not to mention not all of my guildmates and friends are good players.

You could've fixed the leashing and adjusted the mob's hp and cc immunities, but now even the cw will have no more use for dungeons like karundax. I can just tell my tank to kite all mob and run around ....... while the other 3 in my party dps the boss. YES thats what happened, the cw was no use, the mob had cc immunity and wasnt easy to kill. So what we did was kite-tank, and the 3 others dps, it was stupid, because the cw will now have no use in the game. Next time i will just get 3 rogues 1 tank and me the cleric.
Post edited by maahkremuirsong on

Comments

• kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I will have to agree that the mechanic of endless (most are continuous as well) hoarde's of adds for EVERY SINGLE boss fight is lazy and stupid. That's been there since I been playing and they have never addressed that gripe with the players. In fact the new dwarf king is more of the same. I am willing to bet that the Fey expansion will be more of the same, LOL. Its pretty much button spamming and kiting or kicking the adds. It gets old.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Changing the mechanic of increasing adds to increase difficulty is not going to change any time soon.
    Shouldn't be expecting that kind of design change until well into 2014.
    That's not really a bug. That's a feature that players don't like.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    As they fix bugs the content will get harder for new players & pugs to complete. But us players that have been playing since beta and out-tuned for the dungeons continue to make more money because less players can farm the lootz and we all get richer. Got to love Cryptic for the changes. :D
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The patch was to introduce more direct zen purchased items and indirect zen purchased items.
  • maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dkcandy wrote: »
    As they fix bugs the content will get harder for new players & pugs to complete. But us players that have been playing since beta and out-tuned for the dungeons continue to make more money because less players can farm the lootz and we all get richer. Got to love Cryptic for the changes. :D

not happy with that line of thought.

But again, are the devs trying to destroy CWs also, in the same way GWFs are becoming more and more useless? The tank can agro all mob in the room and just run around....... no more need for a Crowd Control wiz. My cleric useless plaguefire, and has debuffs so why would we need a mage? We hardly need gwfs, so why would we need a cw also when rogues can kill faster and 1 tank is good enough for crowd control (example: karundax and FH).
  • pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Doesn't they first dump these patches to preview server? I guess people there are the guinea pigs..
  • messiahgov0messiahgov0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it up again. Here you see, it's all about money, not helping people. That's why the last "let us make much more profit" patch came out, it also patched some dungeons etc., but the important things are those money making stuff like ghost, new healer, new race etc.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The patch was to break more stuff. Bag sort button.. epic fail was like the last thing that worked right.