test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GauntlGrym - A Few Questions

baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Only had the chance to play through all the different GG phases a few times & overall im enjoying it even if its a little boring at times..

Anyways just had a few questions:

1.Is there any chat tab/ etc for your entire team of 20 on pvp or is it just the 5 man /party you can talk to like normal?

2.Is the Nascar or Grand National mentality of just running horses around in a circle for 30mins the norm?

3.No boot afk function? Not sure what works in GG an what doesn't but normally about 5 people are always rock bottom with no contribution and just warm their hands at the fire..

4.Afkers in the PvE segment, boot? Not right seeing 10+ people not helping at all

5.Queue system for the dungeons just as broken as the normal one? 20min wait+ ive given up waiting twice already:/

Im sure theres more ive got to ask but right now I just finished another round of it and those were the most annoying things so if anyones got any feedback or answers it would be great..

Cheers
Post edited by baronvonboom on

Comments

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. Normal 5 person party chat.
    2. Yes.
    3. Nothing different than other parties.
    4. Sure, if they're in your party. Otherwise it is based on time AFK.
    5. Yeah, same deal.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    the people that do not help are there because they just need to be there for the daily and GG rewards XD even if they lose, as for pvpv yes that is the norm XD and the udngeons o well almost everybody, losers and winners do the t1 dungeon since is easy and can be done like 3- 4 times in the 30 min time period, and is better to do them in party since the queu system will recognize all member you usually do not wait that much, pugs are always missing one meber and that is why you are moved always to the last place if on class is missing
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thank you both for the answers with Rabbinicus No 2. Yes being my favourite;)
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thank you both for the answers with Rabbinicus No 2. Yes being my favourite;)

Happy to help! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I've found it helps a bit to be friendly/chatty in zone chat as far as the dungeon queue during the end segment goes. A lot of your wait time is determined by class, methinks. Clerics are in short supply, so they tend to get in quick. I think GF's are desired for the T2 run, but DPS pretty much has to wait. And wait. Partying up tends to help wait times as well.

As far as PvP goes, Nascar is the norm, but there are a few interesting side strategies involving the drawbridge at one of the nodes. Also, if you can determine the location/timing of the main enemy zerg, you can slide in right behind them and cap nodes as soon as they leave. This is much easier for a rogue to accomplish though. Not sure what class you play. Having a fast mount seems to help quite a bit as well.

Quick tip if you're collecting Grym coins for the PvP gear. Queue up for PvP right away. If you get a quick victory (or defeat for that matter) queue up again right away. If you can manage to get in 3 minutes plus of a second PvP match, you will get another coin reward.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    Quick tip if you're collecting Grym coins for the PvP gear. Queue up for PvP right away. If you get a quick victory (or defeat for that matter) queue up again right away. If you can manage to get in 3 minutes plus of a second PvP match, you will get another coin reward.

Nice! thanks:)
    How does that work though as I thought the PvP was just one huge 30min phase?
    Its always lasted that long and never any winner/loser before that time so unsure how you go about playing it multiple times like DD etc..
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Nice! thanks:)
    How does that work though as I thought the PvP was just one huge 30min phase?
    Its always lasted that long and never any winner/loser before that time so unsure how you go about playing it multiple times like DD etc..

It's 30 minutes or first to 3000 pts. Much like regular PvP, if one side gets a big lead the other team tends to lay down. When this occurs the match is often over with say 6-8 minutes to spare. If and when that happens in a match that you are in, requeue right away. If the game pops with more than 3 minutes left, you will get a second coin reward.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    It's 30 minutes or first to 3000 pts. Much like regular PvP, if one side gets a big lead the other team tends to lay down. When this occurs the match is often over with say 6-8 minutes to spare. If and when that happens in a match that you are in, requeue right away. If the game pops with more than 3 minutes left, you will get a second coin reward.

Gotcha.. All the games ive been in have never got to 3000 and so have all been 30min so wasn't sure of the mechanics of it but now I know

Thanks for that;)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Use the "say" channel to talk to people in your instance. It's a channel most people won't close by the way.

Oh and i'm often afk during the pve event once the blasphemer is killed, nothing fascinating to do but running in circles in the great hall or watch people wipe on demolitionists...