test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a max number of quests you can create?

artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
I saw /10 in the foundry main page. Does that mean everyone is only allowed a maximum of 10 stories that they can create? Seems kinda limiting.
Post edited by artgod on

Comments

• nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    10 quests and 10 campaigns. So technically you could do 110 stories... provided that 100 of them are parts of campaigns. :p
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nimmanu wrote: »
    10 quests and 10 campaigns. So technically you could do 110 stories... provided that 100 of them are parts of campaigns. :p

Um, no. Quests in Campaigns count toward Quest total.
    I'm at 7/10 Quests and I've got 1 Campaign w/2 Quests and 5 individual Quests.
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Um, no. Quests in Campaigns count toward Quest total.
    I'm at 7/10 Quests and I've got 1 Campaign w/2 Quests and 5 individual Quests.

Ohh, I didn't know that. That's ridiculous.

Humbug, cryptic. Humbug, I say!
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • voxx75voxx75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    I was wondering how that worked myself. That's a bit limiting, and seems arbitrary to boot. Hopefully this gets changed soon.
    @voxx75:
    "An Occurrence at Faolon's Field"
    (daily eligible)
    Shortcode: NW-DGPROFMWU
    "A Lunacy in Havenlock" (needs reviews!)
    Shortcode: NW-DUY2JXAQQ
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    voxx75 wrote: »
    I was wondering how that worked myself. That's a bit limiting, and seems arbitrary to boot. Hopefully this gets changed soon.

If the follow suit from STO we should be able to buy extra foundry slots with AD.

Which would make the AD Tips a valuable asset for an Author.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I figured they would charge AD for more slots.
    @voxx75:
    (daily eligible)
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pfft they should be Paying US!

That is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pfft they should be Paying US!

That is all.

QFT 10 char
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    10 quests is a lot, for me at least. I've published one, and have been working on my second for weeks. 10 quests will easily last me a year or more.

I'm sure I'll hit that limit eventually. I think they should reward authors who complete the achievements with more slots, instead of just titles and cloaks.
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mosby1 wrote: »
    10 quests is a lot, for me at least. I've published one, and have been working on my second for weeks. 10 quests will easily last me a year or more.

Ditto. Considering how big my first one is, 10 will last me a long, long time.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
    edited July 2013
    I think they should reward authors who complete the achievements with more slots, instead of just titles and cloaks.

+1000. Agreed.
    @voxx75:
    (daily eligible)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they should reward authors who complete the achievements with more slots, instead of just titles and cloaks.

This seems to be something they are looking into - Foundry awards for authors. So... "real soon now." Just like patches for all the pre-pre-beta foundry bugs.
  • thalazar1thalazar1 Member Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    10 isn't enough, I only have one published as i pulled one, and another coming soon, but i have another 7 partialy completed quests that i dont want to delete just to make room for new ones i wish to make. I may never have 10 published quests but i will still be addicted to making more.
    *edit* for some reason it only saved 1/4 of my post when i hit post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Lost Keep NW-DS1XBAK7D An experiment Daily Foundry
    The Ruined Temple NW-DBHC7MUBL Latest and last one Daily Foundry
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think you can have more than 10, just 10 published at a time.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Here's what I see... We, as adventure and quest designers, like long, heavy story, engrossing quests. Most players, not all, but most, just want to play quick, fairly easy, point and click, loot-filled (say what?), heavy exp filled quickies. All to fit neatly into the daily quest slot. These two themes are basically opposite poles of the genre as designed by this game system. One of the methods we use to take advantage of this, is for us, as designers to break our long quests down into short 'chapters' which we can fit into our 'campaign' format. Using this thinking... 10 slots are not enough. We need more like 100. And what happens when we are done editing our quest and it's been published for a while. Does it just sit there in our editor taking up one of our 10 slots? I can build a few huge, multi-level, epic-length dungeons, so a few slots are cool, but no one wants to play quests designed like that (except maybe us?). There are other issues, of course, but most of these are being addressed by the devs. I watched the interview with Sominator.. and there was some great info about the upcoming patch/update. I am looking forward to the new features and stuff. But I'm still having fits over the treasure system... and no real bosses (wtf... no dragons?). Anyways... Most of the time our best option is to break our big quests down into smaller chapters.. and that take up our coveted quest slots... 10 is not enough.