test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The PvP necessary changes

2»

Comments

• yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem in a lot of cases is broken OP enchants making things really unfair, not any class itself, but the unstoppable GWF is a bit too brutal yeah

I agree, up to the but...

A lot of OP complaints come (imo) from being pitted against stacked out opponents while wearing subpar gear (at least relative to the opponent).
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The GWF would be TOO weak without unstoppable. Personally I play a TR and the only thing that keeps me from going on a GWF Massacre killing spree is their unstoppable. So, no I think it's fine as it is. The GWF class would just die metaphorically and literally without it.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    where `s the logic in this post ?
    i see talk about gearscore, 6500 ? is not relevant if they like to pvp they `ll end up at least above 8k in no time.
    9k if they buy some real cheap stuf from AH.
    for the rest, not wasting time reading this , needs too much common sense explaining. there for this post shouldn`t be taken seriously because it`s obviously underexperienced.
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited July 2013
    I do not care about PvE, so I am not going to be discussing that here. This is purely about PvP.

Then you entire thread is pointless cause this game is not purely PVP and balancing it for PVP will never happen....
  • kiadannahkiadannah Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    I know and I've said it, that I only know about 1 encounter which gives immunity not several of them like @kiadannah stated

the at will that gives immunity to cc while it is active (save for first two hits) is buggy. it can often make you completely immune to damage while it is active also, as seen constantly in pvp (the attack happens, but they take no damage, no damage shows on screen, but they are still hitting you).
    They have an ability also that will dodge for a few seconds, not shift key, that can make you immune to cc, as well as possible immune to damage (meaning again, does not pop up with immune, pops up with nothing, though they are still hitting you in melee range).
    It has been a while since I have played my rogue. Wearing little more than **** in my opinion, I can crit to 50k. That is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me considering their abilities, so I cant simply recall all the skill names, etc et al.
    Also my tr can tank, especially with his lifedrains, and he has some defence and high deflection. Quite often many 'tank' with dodging only when necessary, not as an immediate and constant need.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kiadannah wrote: »
    the at will that gives immunity to cc while it is active (save for first two hits) is buggy. it can often make you completely immune to damage while it is active also, as seen constantly in pvp (the attack happens, but they take no damage, no damage shows on screen, but they are still hitting you).
    They have an ability also that will dodge for a few seconds, not shift key, that can make you immune to cc, as well as possible immune to damage (meaning again, does not pop up with immune, pops up with nothing, though they are still hitting you in melee range).
    It has been a while since I have played my rogue. Wearing little more than **** in my opinion, I can crit to 50k. That is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to me considering their abilities, so I cant simply recall all the skill names, etc et al.
    Also my tr can tank, especially with his lifedrains, and he has some defence and high deflection. Quite often many 'tank' with dodging only when necessary, not as an immediate and constant need.

We're talking TR's right? They don't have an at-will that gives immunity to anything. They have Impossible to Catch, which is a cc immunity, or damage immunity when applied from stealth. And apparently it's exploitable.

That dodging ability is the daily called Bloodbath, doing pitiful damage on multiple targets, but is quite effective on a single target. It makes the TR untargetable.

You say you have a TR, yet don't know basic stuff about the class, which to me anyway, makes your post kind of moot.
  • pelkastpelkast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just remove all classes and make one "A guy", with only one skill the punch. Would you then be happy?

Asides, IF GWF wouldn't exist what would be the OP class? I don't think the nerfing will never end and we going to the one class direction if this continues. Balance shouldn't be 1v1 but team vs team. There is not yet arena's in this game, and hopefully never be.
  • prettyboysetaprettyboyseta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited July 2013
    pelkast wrote: »
    Just remove all classes and make one "A guy", with only one skill the punch. Would you then be happy?
    Asides, IF GWF wouldn't exist what would be the OP class? I don't think the nerfing will never end and we going to the one class direction if this continues. Balance shouldn't be 1v1 but team vs team. There is not yet arena's in this game, and hopefully never be.
    on bolded part--I wonder the same. some Korean MMOs follow a similar system, pvp arenas disable non-pvp skills and gear effects, I don't think that would work for this game's mechanics, but maybe serious pvpers need a separate event from 'casual' ones?
    I mostly agree with penalizing players who leave prematurely, that's my only gripe with the pvp so far, not saying the game doesn't need fixing.
    Wizard.jpg
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter: As is, Unstoppable is just too powerful. It has no cooldown, gives 50% damage reduction when full, and gives a nice chunk of temporary HP. Contrary to the opinion of many who give GWF a cursory glance, the class is supposed to be a tanky frontline DPS not a full on tank. Every description on the website and wiki that you find of the class describes it as something capable of dishing out damage on the front lines.

So, what do we do? We do /something/ to nerf Unstoppable. Perhaps lowering the damage reduction from 50% to something more reasonable like 35%? Or perhaps an internal cooldown, so that there's a period in which the GWF is truly vulnerable and unable to counter with Unstoppable?

On top of this, both remove the damage reduction for multiple targets hit by the GWF's AoE abilities and improve their single target damage. Currently they are just ridiculously out damaged by rogues. More so than a striker should outmatch a tanky-striker. Mid-high DPS and decent survivability.

Sigh someone complaining about the GWF AGAIN, without, seemingly, knowing anything about the class. No one was saying stuff like this before we got a little, much-needed buff several patches ago. Now we're OP, of course. Listen, Unstoppable doesn't do what you say UNLESS the GWF knows their gear and skills. If they feat right, yes, Unstoppable will activate quickly, but that's how you build, you make it better, you rework stats. Why should I be punished for figuring out what's best for me? Because I happen to kill YOU more? Get some skill man, come on. It doesn't have a cooldown because it's NOT A POWER OR DAILY. We're still very vulnerable during Unstop, by the way, we can take more hits and last longer, but a good TR can still finish us off, no problem. TRs are supposed to out-damage us, how many times does this need explaining? Our AOE attacks are just fine, I'm usually second in every PvE dungeon I run anymore, very close to first. People complaining usually just reached 60 and are running green items with a blue shirt. Just gear up, get better. It's as simple as that.