test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My 2 cents about the expansion...

rowdyburnsrowdyburns Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The expansion looks great and I'm looking forward to exploring it and checking out the new profession. But you've been so busy working on the expansion, you haven't bothered to fix the problems with the last new profession bugs. Are we to expect for of the same in the expansion? Enticing us to spend hard earned dollars, so that you don't bother to fix the current bugs? I think not!
Post edited by rowdyburns on

Comments

• tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Yep. Same thing.

Go look at the bugs list of all the classes. Unfinished. Unpolished. Though the Zen store works just fine.

Sorry devs...I know the spot you are in but that will not stop people from calling you out.

Fix what is ALREADY IN game.
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Uh, you guys do know that there are completely different teams of people who work on new content and bug fixes, right? It ain't just one homogenous group of 'devs'.
    edited July 2013
    tinukeda wrote: »
    Uh, you guys do know that there are completely different teams of people who work on new content and bug fixes, right? It ain't just one homogenous group of 'devs'.

I know quiet well. Thanks for asking.

I will reiterate - FIX BUGS BEFORE MORE CONTENT.

Better?
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Cryptic Defense Force to the rescue!
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »

Uninformed Hate-Troller to the offense!!
    edited July 2013

Of course it's easier for you to blindly defend Cryptic with your same tired argument instead of trying to understand why people are getting fed-up and having a rational dialog about that. Carry on, then.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Of course it's easier for you to blindly defend Cryptic with your same tired argument instead of trying to understand why people are getting fed-up and having a rational dialog about that. Carry on, then.

"raitonal dialog"
    edited July 2013

Ah yes, so when people are getting fed-up due to misunderstanding how the software development process really works, that *totally* makes their rage legit!
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    I know quiet well. Thanks for asking.

I will reiterate - FIX BUGS BEFORE MORE CONTENT.

Better?

Ah, so they shouldn't be allowed to do both things at once? The content team should totally just sit on their hands and not release what they've been working on, just so they can wait for the bug team to catch up? Gotcha!
    edited July 2013
    "raitonal dialog"

Why waste time trying to have a discussion with someone who's already made it clear they have their fingers in their ears, figuratively speaking?
    Ah yes, so when people are getting fed-up due to misunderstanding how the software development process really works, that *totally* makes their rage legit!

Case in point.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Why waste time trying to have a discussion with someone who's already made it clear they have their fingers in their ears, figuratively speaking?

Case in point.

I know but you have to realize that when you are the one to initiate the "forum warrior" name calling that you cant then go back and say you are trying to have a rational dialog.
  • s3z3s3z3 Member Posts: 216 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    oh... new exploits... fun :)
    Carnage TR Dragon shard - retired? hell yea it's retired along with Nevewinter

Seze - Rogue - Necropolis - <3 RIFT
    edited July 2013

Case in point.

Perhaps if you'd have started off by addressing the point instead of starting off by calling people names?? Hmmmm
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps if you'd have started off by addressing the point instead of starting off by calling people names?? Hmmmm

You arent much better with your reaction being the exact same as his.
    edited July 2013
    You arent much better with your reaction being the exact same as his.

Could have been better, I suppose, but fighting trolling with counter-trolling is a strong habit.
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    People have every right to get upset. Pointing out that releasing more content doesn't necessarily mean reducing the priority of fixing the existing content is the start of a rational dialogue. It only stopped being rational dialogue when someone else butted in with what appeared to be a personal attack.

It is quite possible to support something, but still be capable of pointing out logical flaws in an argument for it. The only blindness exhibited was from the poster who decided to attack the poster rather than just refuting the points they made.
    Remember, on forums, there are no tones of voice or other tells. There are no indications that a post was simply made in fun or sarcasm unless it is stated.
    edited July 2013
    I know but you have to realize that when you are the one to initiate the "forum warrior" name calling that you cant then go back and say you are trying to have a rational dialog.

Except nowhere did I state that I was trying to have a rational dialog, only that he should if he doesn't want me blithely slagging off his post. Read my post again.

But nonetheless this is all irrelevant to the topic at hand, so I'm going to stop here.
    edited July 2013
    Except nowhere did I state that I was trying to have a rational dialog, only that he should if he doesn't want me blithely slagging off his post. Read my post again.

True after rereading no where did you say you wanted to have a rational discussion, but dont you want to? Or is it just more fulfilling to be the guy who starts the name calling which completely derails the thread with others sinking down to that same level.
    edited July 2013

Not really the case. There are a few posters around that know more than most of the developers. The difference is that here the developers for this game have specific knowledge but not the "worldly" experience. There are a few stars on any team. That is the problem, stars are doers and get it done. Once those stars migrate from doer to manager then the company itself loses a major asset in terms of quality which equates to time.

Time is a stars weakness. The longer they perform the more likely they are "forced" into more of a manager and less as a doer. From being the new guy, to all star, to team lead etc.

The stars
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Not really the case. There are a few posters around that know more than most of the developers. The difference is that here the developers for this game have specific knowledge but not the "worldly" experience. There are a few stars on any team. That is the problem, stars are doers and get it done. Once those stars migrate from doer to manager then the company itself loses a major asset in terms of quality which equates to time.

Time is a stars weakness. The longer they perform the more likely they are "forced" into more of a manager and less as a doer. From being the new guy, to all star, to team lead etc.

The stars

Soooo, you have some facts to support this particular claim, right?
    Yes, this is all vaguely true, but let's see some credible evidence that it strongly pertains to the topic at hand. Otherwise, since it's generally/universally true of all companies: so what?
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You guys are a funny bunch, funding a unfinished product and still fund it to this very day. Demanding for new end game content while complaining how it's unfinished. So doing both at the same time is the only viable solution.
    edited July 2013
    True after rereading no where did you say you wanted to have a rational discussion, but dont you want to? Or is it just more fulfilling to be the guy who starts the name calling which completely derails the thread with others sinking down to that same level.

People are upset about the state of the game, you don't have to read very much of this board to clearly see the reasons why. When you come into such a discussion with nothing but...

...you are demonstrating that you have no desire to address or even understand the causes of this disappointment. This is a clear case of being purposely or ignorantly pedantic about the issue. There is no room for anyone to have a rational discussion with a person like that because they've made it clear going in that they couldn't care less about your issue and just wanted to slip a sly little comment in your thread that borders on insulting.

So while I admit to my own name-calling, it's no more justifiable than the post I was responding to and don't make the mistake of thinking otherwise.

But as I said, I'm done derailing this thread with this argument, I just wanted to respond to your post (which was quickly posted during my edit where I said I was done discussing this) and clarify a little bit.
    edited July 2013
    People are upset about the state of the game, you don't have to read very much of this board to clearly see the reasons why. When you come into such a discussion with nothing but...

...you are demonstrating that you have no desire to address or even understand the causes of this disappointment. This is a clear case of being purposely or ignorantly pedantic about the issue. There is no room for anyone to have a rational discussion with a person like that because they've made it clear going in that they couldn't care less about your issue and just wanted to slip a sly little comment in your thread that borders on insulting.

So while I admit to my own name-calling, it's no more justifiable than the post I was responding to and don't make the mistake of thinking otherwise.

But as I said, I'm done derailing this thread with this argument, I just wanted to respond to your post (which was quickly posted during my edit where I said I was done discussing this) and clarify a little bit.

I dont consider this an argument, just a discussion between two people sorting out the misunderstandings so we can get back on topic.

I do hope they have a largish bug fix patch before Module 1 releases, or the patch notes of Module 1 better have quite a long and thorough bug fix section.
    edited July 2013

But as I said, I'm done derailing this thread with this argument, I just wanted to respond to your post and clarify a little bit.

As was said before: "It is quite possible to support something, but still be capable of pointing out logical flaws in an argument for it."
    The OP's premise was flawed; I pointed out the flaw.
    (way to sneak in another round of sly comments and direct insults, btw)
  • shydo123shydo123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ah, so they shouldn't be allowed to do both things at once? The content team should totally just sit on their hands and not release what they've been working on, just so they can wait for the bug team to catch up? Gotcha!

Yes. Yes. Yes. This is exactly what they should do. In fact get the content team to help out the bug team and it will get done twice as fast. When you fix broken stuff its like adding content because it changes how the game was working before and you change your play style based on the fixes. New content with broken abilities and what-not does nothing for the game other than try and sweep stuff under the rug.
  • crimzinlolcrimzinlol Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As if your post was any more useful here. What difference does it make if he understand devs have different departments? There's a moderator that organizes pertinent information for both teams. Both teams probably visit GENERAL discussion if they visit the forums at all. So?

and this...

Is the same thing I get when I read almost every single on of your posts. Even how you replied was trite with the "The OP's premise was flawed; I pointed out the flaw." You did absolutely nothing constructive at all(read THIS post) and instead enticed him into another inane argument.
    edited July 2013
    shydo123 wrote: »
    Yes. Yes. Yes. This is exactly what they should do. In fact get the content team to help out the bug team and it will get done twice as fast. When you fix broken stuff its like adding content because it changes how the game was working before and you change your play style based on the fixes. New content with broken abilities and what-not does nothing for the game other than try and sweep stuff under the rug.

While this sounds like a decent idea on the surface, if you consider it a little deeper, you'll realize that it isn't. We're not talking about homogenous, modular, replaceable parts (workers) here. Different coders are specialized for different tasks. Let's say you have a baseball team and your pitcher is having problems. Would you think it would be a good idea to replace him and give all the other players a turn at pitching?
    edited July 2013
    While this sounds like a decent idea on the surface, if you consider it a little deeper, you'll realize that it isn't. We're not talking about homogenous, modular, replaceable parts (workers) here. Different coders are specialized for different tasks. Let's say you have a baseball team and your pitcher is having problems. Would you think it would be a good idea to replace him and give all the other players a turn at pitching?

The problem with this analogy is one thing. The game itself is being programmed in one language using one game engine. If a programmer knows how to create content for a game you can be damned sure they know how to do bug fixes as well.
    edited July 2013
    crimzinlol wrote: »
    As if your post was any more useful here. What difference does it make if he understand devs have different departments? There's a moderator that organizes pertinent information for both teams. Both teams probably visit GENERAL discussion if they visit the forums at all. So?

The OP seemed to suggest that the company redirect 100% of their assets to one task. That idea itself is flawed. And what does visiting the forums have to do with anything? They don't use the forums to direct their workflow.
    edited July 2013
    The problem with this analogy is one thing. The game itself is being programmed in one language using one game engine. If a programmer knows how to create content for a game you can be damned sure they know how to do bug fixes as well.

That's like saying: all the players know how to throw the ball, therefore anyone should be able to pitch as well as the pitcher.