test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How much data mining is there of the game?

vangeraldvangerald Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Is there a way to show PvP stats sorted by class/level/build?

A lot of the discussions of PvP is based on perception (including mine) and I would like to be able to see what the stats say. If the data is collected by Cryptic, it would end (or to be fair, enhance) many of the claims of OP/UP and nerfworthiness of each class

Also, will there be a Leaderboard for PvP?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi vangerald,

I think that Cryptic keeps track of PVP stats and other relevant data for balancing purposes. I do know that a dev has posted in the past that they track PVE stats... all kinds of them.

Now whether or not a player can have access to these figures: I have no guess as to how this could be accomplished aside from asking the devs directly.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pretty sure DC's would top the charts in DB's.

One ranks above me in kills. Nerf DC plz ty.

GameClient2013-6-28-19-1-6-991.jpg

Here's his thread if you want protips from him! ;)
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the scoreboards don't really keep proper score though. TR's and CW's seemingly dominate, but imo that's mostly because they are the best at getting the final killshot. Which is not the same as actually having killed that player.

Anecdotal, but I've been in matches with my GWF where I beat down most people to at least 1/3 health, only to have the TR and CW finish them off while the DC was busy healing me. Leaving me and the DC with 0 kills but lots of assists on the scoreboard and them 1 per kill and nearly the same number of assists.

In PvE it's the same thing, you don't get any points for how many times you kept the DC alive, only for a linear version of damage dealt.
  • Options
    vangeraldvangerald Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I find my DC can get top score, but because i do not focus on killing per se, but Cap points and the secondary bonuses like defender and tower rush (and a LOT of assists)
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Pretty sure DC's would top the charts in DB's.

One ranks above me in kills. Nerf DC plz ty.

GameClient2013-6-28-19-1-6-991.jpg

Here's his thread if you want protips from him! ;)

I like how you build up that cleric but the cleric only scored 6,075 points which would place it close to last on that chart. The cleric also had a lack of assists making one wonder where they got their kills (running with the others and simply trying to kill those that are dieing?). It was also the only cleric that made that chart.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I like how you build up that cleric but the cleric only scored 6,075 points which would place it close to last on that chart. The cleric also had a lack of assists making one wonder where they got their kills (running with the others and simply trying to kill those that are dieing?). It was also the only cleric that made that chart.

I like how you took it seriously. I would have thought the obvious observations that you made plus the statement "Pretty sure DC's would top the chars in DB's" would have tripped some sort of sensory perception in your brain that perhaps this was a joke. Lol.. wow