test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No loot from Foundry end chest

xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
edited January 2014 in The Foundry
I tried searching but I didn't notice anything talking about this.

I have done some Foundry quests that have not given me any loot from the end chest. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known bug or are there any known reasons why this might occur? I know that I have seen some chests appear to be empty but still put an item in my inv, but at least twice now when opening an empty chest I did not see a new item in my char inv.
Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
- JailBreak (in development)
Post edited by xelliz on

Comments

• crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have this happen sometimes as well. Some people have speculated that you stop getting loot after doing X number of quests, but I seem to recall re-logging helping it. Not sure though.
  • ananvilhurtzananvilhurtz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I believe I've gotten nothing but money from the last few Foundries I've done. Around 17 silver at level 58.
    Religion - 60 GF (15.3k GS)
    The Seeker - 60 DC (11.5k GS)
    Faithless - 60 CW (10k GS)
  • docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I had two people tell me today that they found an empty chest at the end of their run through my Foundry. Obviously that's not normal (nor something an Author could possibly control...)

Some new bug?
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    I had two people tell me today that they found an empty chest at the end of their run through my Foundry. Obviously that's not normal (nor something an Author could possibly control...)

Some new bug?

I run between 3 and 5 foundries every day, and I would estimate that I get "loot" from the reward chest less than 50% of the time. It's certainly not a new bug.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ok well glad to know this. I definitely don't do foundries very often, I usually don't even do some daily.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've never not gotten lewt from a chest and I've done a lot of foundries.

Although I get a lot of one stars from disappointed adventurers who got jack squat.

Not sure what causes this?
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • sarkany69sarkany69 Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    I had this happen to me the first time ever 2 days ago, 3 times in a row. I was doing a lot or review trades on foundries that weren't elegible for daily yet, perhaps that could be the cause?

Just a guess.
    Campaign: NWS-DE986PLQS - Zombie Infestation
    NW-DIG3FBD2Q - Part 1 - Initial Attack - (Eligible for daily) Click here to see Video review by @Visigoth18
    NW-DNG6BTL9C - Part 2 - Retaliation - (Now daily eligible - thanks for the support everyone)
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have this happen all the time.

One suggestion I've seen is that it's related to timing of loot -- that the system only allows so much loot per time period (of some length), so that if you have a big battle and then a chest, the chest is likely to be empty.

This may be MMO superstition, though*.

*: Gamer superstitions arise easily because gamers are often kept in the dark about mechanics and developers frequently use bizarre and arbitrary mechanics. So it's completely reasonable to suppose that if the paladin quacks like a duck before starting the battle instance, feathered loot drops more often. Or something.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's been around since the beginning. "Nothing" is also a random option in the loot table, unfortunately.

Mini-rant

Even green items are junk in this game, can't Cryptic afford to at least give the player something to spend an identify scroll on and sell to a vendor? Otherwise, just remove the super shiney, flashing, pulsating, golden rays from God, loot chest that would normally indicate that the player is going to be well rewarded. But turns out to be a sad tease.

/Mini-rant
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's weird playing core content and realizing just how much MORE you get there.

I mean, countless treasure chests and nodes. I'm swimming in runestones and whatnot from core stuff. Foundry? Pockets empty.

I don't CARE that much, except that it puts a lot of folks off playing Foundry. And I understand it can't be too lucrative or it feeds exploiters.

But, dang, the gulf is wide.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Next thing we know, an Ogre is added to the loot table, making for a very nasty surprise when you think you've completed the Foundry quest...

Maybe Cryptic should add a very rare chance to get top level gear from a Foundry quest, the chance which increases with the length of said Foundry quest (so if the average is 2 hours long, the chance is better than if it was 15 minutes, which would be near negligible)...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
    edited July 2013
    I think the loot tables of the "end chest" needs a rework.

I'm with Zovya on this, can we please have something worth wasting an Identify Scroll on (my CW has over 150 scrolls and never uses any on Foundry Loot, it is that bad).

But what I would suggest is that the minimum loot for completing a Foundry should be "3x On Level Health Pot, 1x On Level Wound Kit", that way at least most foundries would not be a "cash sink", and as players would come out at least even they'd be more likely to play.

All The Best

• remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The reward treasure has been nerfed to the ground in a past patch that it's no longer the goal of an adventure. I find the loot that drops from encounters a whole lot more rewarding then anything else that a treasure chest could possibly give. I mean at level 60 I tend to get about 10 grade 4 enchants, ton of loot items and sometimes a chance at a blue item which happened to be Belt of Respite my last run. In my normal run during a DD event running a dungeon like Spellplague which takes about an hour or more to complete I get on average 3-5 grade 4 enchants from a party of 5. Depending on your luck, running even Spellplague might not be that rewarding if the drop that you get barely worth 5k ad. Even though the end chest is not attractive, I would still run a foundry with decent amount of mobs because you can sell the enchants that drop for a whole lot more than what the end quest treasure could possibly give you. It seems that certain encounters have a much higher chance for good drops while others do not.
  • voxx75voxx75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    I think the loot tables of the "end chest" needs a rework.

I'm with Zovya on this, can we please have something worth wasting an Identify Scroll on (my CW has over 150 scrolls and never uses any on Foundry Loot, it is that bad).

But what I would suggest is that the minimum loot for completing a Foundry should be "3x On Level Health Pot, 1x On Level Wound Kit", that way at least most foundries would not be a "cash sink", and as players would come out at least even they'd be more likely to play.

All The Best

That would be nice. I've played so many Foundries that are nothing more than potion-popping exercises.
    @voxx75:
    "An Occurrence at Faolon's Field"
    (daily eligible)
    Shortcode: NW-DGPROFMWU
    "A Lunacy in Havenlock" (needs reviews!)
    Shortcode: NW-DUY2JXAQQ
  • voxx75voxx75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    It's been around since the beginning. "Nothing" is also a random option in the loot table, unfortunately.

Sometimes nothin's a real cool hand. But not when you just spent 45 minutes fighting through stacks of mobs. ;)
    @voxx75:
    "An Occurrence at Faolon's Field"
    (daily eligible)
    Shortcode: NW-DGPROFMWU
    "A Lunacy in Havenlock" (needs reviews!)
    Shortcode: NW-DUY2JXAQQ
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've gotten reviews saying "No loot at end chest." before. Many times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • remorselordremorselord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Played a few foundry quests yesterday got no loot as well. I think this might be a new bug or something. I've always gotten <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> loot from end chest, but never zero loot.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hmm, interesting. Thanks for bringing this up, we'll look into it!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »

Thanks. End reward loot seems to be the #1 reason for bad ratings.

Either our intrepid adventurer doesn't get anything.

Or it's not for their class.

Either way it's 1/5 - great quest but no loot

Maybe looking into fixing the no loot bug & putting a disclaimer on rating pop up about rewards would be good. Or figuring out a way to put some good rewards in for end game players that's not exploitable.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Or figuring out a way to put some good rewards in for end game players that's not exploitable.

Would it be possible to exploit a quest that takes a lot of time, has lots of objectives and uses a lot of maps?
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've taken to doing the same thing I saw in someone else's quest (sorry, forgot where) - putting a fake "super chest" over the real one and having a "disclaimer" in the contact that we have zero control over loot/drops. Then despawn it when dialog complete.
    edited July 2013
    Just had a thought.

If they reworked the Reviewer Achievements so that there were 5 levels of it (10, 25, 50, 75, 100) and then had each achievement "unlock" a different "loot table" for the End Chest it would be easily possible to encourage people to play Foundries.

All The Best

• karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I haven't had a "no loot" chest from the Foundry quests for ages and I run a ton a day. I did have a spate of empty chests weeks ago, but like ananvilhurtz I was getting 13 silver and some copper instead (no ID scroll consumed and more silver than I get for a L60 item? Yes please!).

By the way, people do play foundries and not just the 15 minute kind. You only have to see the 100s or 1000s of plays a quest will rapidly gain once featured or being publicised by word of mouth to see that this content is popular with the player base. And like ratings, you only get one play count per player so this isn't due to a plethora of replays either.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As it was seen fit to lock the thread posted today, I am posting in this one to illustrate the point that this is still not working correctly. It's still relevant, so shouldnt be closed for necro.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dzogen wrote: »
    I've never not gotten lewt from a chest and I've done a lot of foundries.

Although I get a lot of one stars from disappointed adventurers who got jack squat.

Not sure what causes this?

THIS. It shouldn't be too hard to repair. That should be a hotfix. Keep in mind, the longer it takes, the more 1 stars we get. :(
    sominator wrote: »

Don't you have staff who play the game? How could you not know? lol
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    THIS. It shouldn't be too hard to repair. That should be a hotfix. Keep in mind, the longer it takes, the more 1 stars we get. :(

Don't you have staff who play the game? How could you not know? lol

You know that you are replying to a comment made in July right?

I guess they looked, or maybe not...
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    antonkyle wrote: »
    I guess they looked, or maybe not...

Yeah - they "fixed" it -- now instead of an empty chest you get a skill node.
    edited January 2014
    ah! I can see why that went unnoticed.
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sure how I even found this thread, but it appeared within the first 2 pages of the threads.
    Regardless, the issue is back. I've been getting people saying that there's no reward in the chest.

At any rate, it's better than starting a new thread when there's apparently one out here already :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, someone made a new thread but it was pulled as it was deemed to be offensive. (not sure why, possibly the way it was worded) It's still an issue for sure.

What I find rather odd is that the chests in game are no better, so I don't really see why people have a problem with the crappy gear you get or even empty chests. It's not a case of one rule for one another for another.

I'm not a big fan of the end chest. Maybe it's a D&D thing, I wouldn't know as this is the first D&D thing I have played, for me it should be a Boss drop. You would still have people moaning that they can't use the item but again every mmorpg game I have played is like that so it's hardly fair to moan at an authors for it.