test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Little cw help here please

ianneishianneish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi i recently hit 60 and was wondering what the best set would be for pvp i was thinking mage lord and enchanting with lots of armor pen but i really am not sure so if anyone could shed some light on this i would love you forever thanks :D
Post edited by ianneish on

Comments

• yaubotyaubot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It really depends on your feat build and what you want you like as far as the 4 set bonus
    examples:

Renegade feat tree might want to have a Shadow Weaver set as it specs the same way as the last feat in the tree and adds crit.

Thaumaturge feat tree might want to have a High Vizier set as in further debuffs the targets same as the feats in the tree.

Gauntlgym also has T2 pvp gears that spec armor pen as well as a faster cool down for the tabbed skill (does not work for RoE)

At the end of the day it's your character so build it the way you want after looking over armor and feats
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Armor_Set
    http://nwcalc.com/cw?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,1000000:60000:60000:60000&h=0
  • ianneishianneish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ty yaubot also one more thing you think i should buy a full t2 with all rank 7 enchants or buy clean ancients weapons first ? thanks again.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ianneish wrote: »
    Ty yaubot also one more thing you think i should buy a full t2 with all rank 7 enchants or buy clean ancients weapons first ? thanks again.

It depends on your budget, really. If you can pick up the parts for High Vizier cheaply, then by all means go for it. It's currently the best choice for endgame PvE bar none. You can get decent and inexpensive main and offhand, rings and neck from the AH (look for the Slavemaster stuff, maybe, in various forms, for jewellery).

There's nothing wrong with picking up cheap rank 5 enchants to start with either. It will be enough to get started. Obviously 6/7 will be better if you can afford them.

Once you have a cheap but decent mainhand/offhand, then you can consider grabbing the GG main hand, to beef it up. It's probably the best mainhand barring the Castle Never (ancient) one. 75 GG coins seems a lot, but if you make sure that you do 3+ t1 speed runs per GG pop, you'll have the coins pretty fast. You can also just buy it on the AH for about 230k, which is about a quarter of the price of the CN one.

If you want to get up and running fast, I would grab a t2 set and a less expensive weapon. Don't forget that you will need chest and weapon enchants too. I'd suggest the best Soulforged that you can afford, and Plaguefire for your weapon (if you're playing properly and AoEing the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everything, you will have more reach than any other class for the debuff). Some folks prefer Vorpal for the weapon, and while that is a valid choice, you have enough expensive stuff on your shopping list right now, it seems :)

A word of warning, if you shop your way to 11k GS, don't be too arrogant. If you rock up to Castle Never on the basis of your gear score, having never practised your CC and tossing rotations in a t2, you're going to get sworn at.
    Start with Karrundax and Pirate King, then try Frozen Heart and Spell Plague. Dread Vault is left as an exercise for the reader.
  • ianneishianneish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Thanks katt love it when people go into detail but in you opinion which set is better for pvp :o and any stats that i should go for most etc thanks again <3
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ianneish wrote: »
    Thanks katt love it when people go into detail but in you opinion which set is better for pvp :o and any stats that i should go for most etc thanks again <3

Sorry, I am more of a PvE-centric CW player. I capped out the honour on my CW, and used it to buy my GWF a set of PvP gear (ironically, for dungeons too, works fine in T2s as a starter set) :)