test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Domination Trickster Rogue Class

lordnemesilordnemesi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello, i play D&D Neverwinter since servers were on BETA. Me and all my 140 guild members say the same, the Trickster Rogue class in PvP Dominations is Bugged and Over Power!
I don't speak about the damage. I saw news and patches, and damage was fixed, and i appreciate that. But now that your programmers fixed the damage, many..many..many Tricksters Rogue are doing this in PvP Domination:
Only who know very well that class can do this, i did it one time, and 1 full enemy team left becouse of me! I was playing my 4th character as Control Wizard, i was fighting against a Trickster Rogue, or better..i was trying to fight with him, becouse Tricksters now go Invisible with TAB Skill for 30 seconds, and they can also refull their Stealth Bar with 3 or more skills, so i am sending this ticket, and i hope that you will read it. I hope that a patch will come soon to fix this "Bugged Over Power Trickster Rogue Class".
I am not a kid and i don't cry if someone beat me, but lose every PvP Domination becouse of those stupid players that go Stealth for 1 entire match, is hilarious!
I hope that this ticket will help programmers to fix this bugged Class.
Best regards.
Post edited by lordnemesi on

Comments

• anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • inexgravinexgrav Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Step 1: Press tab
    Step 2: Hold the right click
    Step 3: hit Lashing blade... Dodge ??? No problem..

loop steps..
    pukmp.jpg
  • lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    stealth builds lose a HUGE amount of dmg so your theory is garbage :P

Do you even know the numbers for damage loss that you're referring to as being "HUGE"?
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lednail wrote: »
    Do you even know the numbers for damage loss that you're referring to as being "HUGE"?

With gear maxed out, it's not that noticeble. Sure they arn't gonna oneshot people with encounters or CoS like the execution build. If they don't have maxed out gear, a stealth ones does very little dmg compared to a norm geared Executioner. I would say they do somewere to 50-75% less dmg.
  • anothersorrowanothersorrow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 171 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    modimor wrote: »
    With gear maxed out, it's not that noticeble. Sure they arn't gonna oneshot people with encounters or CoS like the execution build. If they don't have maxed out gear, a stealth ones does very little dmg compared to a norm geared Executioner. I would say they do somewere to 50-75% less dmg.

x3lade's guide for permastealth build is full executioner. I'd like to see the numbers you're making the conjecture of 50-75% damage difference from. I believe its a bit far fetched.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh... another one of these threads.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That is called permanent stealth build, that build bases on INT and DEX instead of STR and DEX like other regular builds. INT speeds up power recharging speed, but gives zero bonus to damage. Thus, those rogues' damage is not so great unless they have top-notch gears.

That build is hated by everyone, but it is working as intended (no bug exploit at all). You can visit this thread to have more information and tactics against it:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?396031-Stealth-FAQ-vs-misconceptions-and-hysteria
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • citizynkingcitizynking Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It doesnt matter if their damage is lower if their opponent never gets to attack back.

"Yeah sure, I can pretty much mitigate all incoming damage through stealth and pick and choose my fights without effort, but my damage is only okay." Yeah, but you're still theoretically freaking invulnerable.

Stop trying to defend your FoTM spec and actually approach this with some integrity.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stop trying to defend your FoTM spec and actually approach this with some integrity.

Or stop being deliberate ignorant and learn some counters.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    Or stop being deliberate ignorant and learn some counters.

hmmm counters to what you can't see and what you don't know is even there which can hit, stun, and kill you before you can do anything at all... so far the counter is to leave and find a different PvP match
  • arrywilarrywil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hmmm counters to what you can't see and what you don't know is even there which can hit, stun, and kill you before you can do anything at all... so far the counter is to leave and find a different PvP match

Actually counters consist of two things at the moment, as a GF listen for blade direction and frontline surge them then move up on their direction if you hit and the second option which is for pretty much every other class is to use a AOE, for example: Path of Blades, Slam or Arcane Singularity. Basically anything that will hurt them even if they are stealthed.
    Sons of Schlarb
    Thaddeus Talbot - GF - Dragon
    Aysta Tarley - TR - Dragon
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arrywil wrote: »
    Actually counters consist of two things at the moment, as a GF listen for blade direction and frontline surge them then move up on their direction if you hit and the second option which is for pretty much every other class is to use a AOE, for example: Path of Blades, Slam or Arcane Singularity. Basically anything that will hurt them even if they are stealthed.

What happens when they use their 30% run speed while in stealth and 10% more stealth on dodge to evade or kite away from any aoe damage that might be thrown in their direction or use tenacious concealment for 90% less stealth loss when taking damage? Or if you don't have your daily up? :rolleyes:
    edited July 2013
    We cry in the corner of the base and our tears slowly increase their strength xD
    Well personally I don't see run speed as a problem, I tend to just stand their and wait for my opportune moment, as a GF going fast isn't what I do. What you aim to do with this though is not to outright kill them but to put time pressures on them, by using these aoe's and hitting them even if it takes of significantly less due to tenacious concealment you are still taking of something which they have to make up for, if you sit there and do nothing you cant complain because you haven't tried, many rouges who try invisibility seem to be pretty bad at it to be fair and often can be defeated in a battle of attrition, even though it sounds weird some people do choke in PVP when put under some pressure to work faster.
    Don't get me wrong though I do believe Xblade version of stealth rouge is a bit too powerful, however I also fully support stealth rouges as long a they relinquish their huge amounts of damage to do so.
    Sons of Schlarb
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Stupid argumentation... written by a TR surprisingly ... :rolleyes:

1) CoS range > Frontline surge range
    2) TR is able to dodge frontline surge
    3) chance to detect the position of the TR that accurate before the CW dies is impossible
    4) daylies are required to prevent a TR from killing everything by using his at-will powers?!?!?!?!? seriously?!?!?!?
    5) A TR is required to kill a TR? (most other classes have not any good pvp AoEs except daylies!)

TRs are GOSU and all the other players are just noobs? maybe these stupidness is required for playing TRs...
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
    edited July 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Stupid argumentation... written by a TR surprisingly ... :rolleyes:

3) chance to detect the position of the TR that accurate before the CW dies is impossible
    4) daylies are required to prevent a TR from killing everything by using his at-will powers?!?!?!?!? seriously?!?!?!?
    5) A TR is required to kill a TR? (most other classes have not any good pvp AoEs except daylies!)

TRs are GOSU and all the other players are just noobs? maybe these stupidness is required for playing TRs...

Well move towards them then...

Yes sure they can dodge, but don't be predictable, slap them when they don't expect it to happen.

Believe what you will, I will continue doing what I do and killing the invis rouge's with relative ease(dependent on player skill), no idea why people find it so hard to believe they can be killed.
    Also my argument is perfectly valid considering most other arguments consist of "they are invulnerable we cant touch them"

All I am putting forward is that they are not a super class and they can be killed. However I,m being told I'm incorrect because apparently you believe that the way I counter them doesn't work and at no point did I say all other player are noobs and going in with a defeated attitude doesn't win you a game or a fight. Also if you were trying to claim I'm stupid, why is that because I counter them in my own way instead of sitting back crying claiming nothing can be done against them?
    Sons of Schlarb
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lednail wrote: »
    x3lade's guide for permastealth build is full executioner. I'd like to see the numbers you're making the conjecture of 50-75% damage difference from. I believe its a bit far fetched.

Not really, a "real" Executioner build, Blue Blade encounter whatever it's called, hits me for between 20-25k dmg on crit, a stealth executioner blue blade hits me for around 10k if they crit, and they never crit.
    They start to hurt when they are stacking tene, wich imo should have it's proc rate nerfed to ground.
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    utuwer wrote: »
    That is called permanent stealth build, that build bases on INT and DEX instead of STR and DEX like other regular builds. INT speeds up power recharging speed, but gives zero bonus to damage. Thus, those rogues' damage is not so great unless they have top-notch gears.

My perma-stealth build is STR/DEX and it's pretty much regular build. :)
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well move towards them then...
    They got at least(!) 15% more movement speed than me and they are able to dodge roll away and i have to block because otherwise im getting 15-20k damage.

You are funny!

Yes sure they can dodge, but don't be predictable, slap them when they don't expect it to happen.
    LOL
    im moving towards them to get in range and i should do that in an unexpectable way?!
    come on... what are you smoking all the day?!
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
    edited July 2013
    They got at least(!) 15% more movement speed than me and they are able to dodge roll away and i have to block because otherwise im getting 15-20k damage.

You are funny!

LOL
    im moving towards them to get in range and i should do that in an unexpectable way?!
    come on... what are you smoking all the day?!

All I can gather from this is you have no initiative when it comes to PVP combat. You're the type of player that has to be spoon fed all the solution's to the problems.
    As I have said, this counter works for me and fits my playing style. If it doesn't fit you or you're playing style then its not my job to tell you to change how to play but it also is not anyone else's fault if you cant counter them as a result.
    Sons of Schlarb
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Anyone complaining about TRs in PvP should just uninstall this game now. (Perma)Stealth is easily countered and the broken dodge and block mechanic in this game that allows players to dodge and block 1 full second after they're hit, which makes it impossible for Rogues to kill actual good players with good gear. If you're a GF, simply spin around in a circle and keep blocking. You can block Lashing, CoS, and even Rogues' Daily Shocking Execution. Learn to play this game.
  • dimm1v1dimm1v1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    All you have to do is find the TR and game over for them. I've seen pretty well played perma-stealth rogues but once you put them in check they just run around worse than gwf's trolling ppl while losing in the process. If you folks don't know how to counter a TR then play one, if you can't figure it out then you should probably stop pvping all together.

More things that need addressing than some cheese build that only works against noobs. Like the god awful bots and scoring system.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Rogues often have 20 more kills and often 3 times the kills of any other class in PvP. When you look at the board and they are sitting at 40 kills and the next highest kill number is around 10 of any player on any team you know things are $^%#%# up.

It also obviously needs mentioning that all these fantastically skilled rogues are often players with other classes to which they are then being called noobs, learn to play, and bad players.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    if you wouldnt ignore what you get linked, then this thread would already be dead

but rahter complain then learn i guess
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    TRs are the most balanced class in this game after the GWFs ofc pvp wise D:
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arrywil: I'd love it if you would post in the Stealth FAQ thread:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?396031-Stealth-FAQ-vs-misconceptions-and-hysteria

and share your experiences and tactics for fighting rogues. I am sorry that you were treated rudely by someone you were trying to help, and I promise that you will not be given this attitude in the FAQ thread. We are always looking for people's insight and playstyle tips/tricks in that thread.

Thank you
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    if you wouldnt ignore what you get linked, then this thread would already be dead

but rahter complain then learn i guess

There is the TR Flamer of the forum, I think 80% of your posts contain "l2p".
    signature-lili.png
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    vverg wrote: »
    There is the TR Flamer of the forum, I think 80% of your posts contain "l2p".

if 80% of my posts are in threads of some whining babies, how is that wrong?

im not a flamer though, im just against stupidity but beeing onvolved with one of them surely makes you think im part of the other
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    stealth builds lose a HUGE amount of dmg so your theory is garbage :P

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?324111-Build-Guide-quot-INT-Rogue-quot-Perma-Stealth-Build

Smug, snickering TRs disagree, and think it's godly, so just maybe you're talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and rely on crutches.
    huckaseven wrote: »
    im not a flamer though, im just against stupidity but beeing onvolved with one of them surely makes you think im part of the other

Sig material, right there.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    AoE damage.
    The best ones are the ones that counter perma stealth TRs are the ones that do constant AoE damage to random targets. (Like slam or PoTB)
    /thread.

You are funny!

Wait....you're a GF and you easily die to a perma stealth TR?
    You must be one of the worst GF on the server.

Perma stealth is much less likely to actually manage to break through your guard. (Their knife stacks will run out, they can't risk getting close & risk taking your perma prone combo, they don't take lashing so no real risk of taking a giant 9k+ hit to your rear.)
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.