test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

On Level Pirate King Boss (Dungeon)...

draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
... impossible to kill with PuGs.

I just used 55 healing potions with an on-level group (level 44 through 46 players) and all we could get him down to was about 33% health. Mind you, this is the 23rd PuG group I've healed for and none of them could down this boss. We tried the known Pirate King strategies and still we were slowly dying one by one.

The over reliance on healing potions in this game really... REALLY... REALLY irks me to all Hell considering I'm playing this game's ONLY dedicated healer class.

Time to dumb down the on-level Pirate King boss... seriously... it shouldn't require the World's most adept MMO players to finish him off on-level. As far as the Epic tiers of Pirate King... perhaps THOSE should require the World's most adept MMO players.
Post edited by draemorin on

Comments

• m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I find that kind of odd. I'm not a pro player, maybe medium to decent, but my different PUG groups have done this without any difficulty 5 of 5 times. Takes max 30 minutes. Only once did we kite and knock enemies over edges. Other than that, we killed all.

The first time at the first boss, we didn't even pull the boss upstairs to prevent constant adds, we killed him and all adds.

Why/ how did you all end up dying?

Our strategy on boss: One TR on boss, rest on adds to the left by the pole where they spawn. Though, one time we had 2 TR on boss and 3 people on adds (GWF, GF, DC).
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You need the Rogue on the boss and the others on the adds , make sure you get rid of any archers and hexers as a priority as they spawn as they can nibble health away quite quickly , also a CW that has the ability to pump out AS quite often can make things quite a lot easier as it gives the group a little breathing space.
  • draemorindraemorin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    Perhaps it is the dearth of player skill then... as I always explain the fight strategy prior to the fight beginning. Based upon how many times I've run this boss, I stopped thinking it was poor (player) gameplay but rather the coded game mechanics. Sure all those PuG players couldn't have been that poor... :D
  • giggliatogiggliato Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It takes a bit of time to learn any new game, but normal level pirate king can be done with three and perhaps less.
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I've done both epic and on level Pirate King many times. Most time successfully, it is on the easier end of the range IMHO. However, sometimes there are groups that just are not working.
  • m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    But 23 fails?
    39275e2ac4.jpg