test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bots bots bots

yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
They are literally everywhere, it's a plague.

Pre-60 there's is almost no match without a bot, and usually there are two. Post-60 there are the same number of bots, they just get outnumbered by the lvl60's.

This is fact, nothing anecdotal about it.

Very low level gear, never using a mount, always following the same paths, auto-attack and -rotation.

But I figured it was limited to PvP where the harm is limited to pvp stuff. Then I started spotting very low level geared TR's running around the Whispering Caverns, never using a mount, always following the same paths. They take a route past all the kit locations and when they get agro they just keep walking, the mobs follow but can't reach and give up when the bot makes it to camp.

I play the US slow hours and they don't go away simply because more people start playing. I haven't got the numbers but I've waited around the entrance to the camp for five minutes and saw 5 bots pass and only 3 real people.

Basically people are cheating on a mass scale, and it is increasing. Cryptic is losing this battle and really needs to step up before there are only bots running around.
Post edited by yerune on

Comments

• Options
    nephilim83nephilim83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been spotting them in low level mission areas a lot, too. Someone mentioned that if you add them as a friend, the pop-up will stop them dead in their tracks until the player comes back and responds to your friend request. We may not be able to get rid of the bots, but we can at least bug 'em a little.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't want to befriend cheaters. But if cryptic would reinvent the wheel and start using captcha's and a report option, that would be great.
  • Options
    eazydzzzeazydzzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    nephilim83 wrote: »
    I've been spotting them in low level mission areas a lot, too. Someone mentioned that if you add them as a friend, the pop-up will stop them dead in their tracks until the player comes back and responds to your friend request. We may not be able to get rid of the bots, but we can at least bug 'em a little.

That's great! Can't wait to befriend some bots tonight xD
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well according to the community and to the developers there is no good way to combat bots getting into the game, I don't know how that is possible because Blizzard, although occassionally you see a bot, but rarely has managed to do it.

I guess they're better programmers at Blizzard.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The amount of bots must be insane. I experienced a nice scenery in Roth Valley. A bot was waiting to enter the caravan for the quest "Night Raid". It couldn't, because it was attacked by a spider. The bot didn't fight back and stood there. The healer companion went down and the spider continued to attack the bot. It always drank a health potion when below 40 or 50%. While I observed the bots behaviour one by one three other bots came to the same spot, got engaged by the spider and stood around. Once I killed the spider all four bots entered the quest caravan simultaneously.
    Four bots within 5 minutes is kind of a devastating experience.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The game is riddled with them. The standard answer from Cryptic and the community is there is no way to effectively get rid of them, when you try to suggest solutions, the community reacts with an uproar about the use of passkeys, captchas, or algorithmic detection systems. Cryptic is the only game design house I know that has responded to a request to reduce Bots in their game with, "it's harder than you think, it's not that easy to detect bot programs and even harder to do so without alienating the actively engaged players."

That's frightening, other game development companies have managed to keep Botting to a minimum, how are they doing it?

I did domination on six characters this morning for my dailies, in all but two of them, there were bots. Their easy to spot, they run the same pattern over and over, they don't mount, they usually drop off the ledge stand there for a second until someone is close then they'll engage.

What's even sadder, I"ve seen actively participating players lose to them. Geesh :p
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    What's even sadder, I"ve seen actively participating players lose to them. Geesh :p

How do you know that the players who lost weren't just better (worse?) programmed bots ;)
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    Cryptic is the only game design house I know that has responded to a request to reduce Bots in their game with, "it's harder than you think, it's not that easy to detect bot programs and even harder to do so without alienating the actively engaged players."

Craptic won't do anything about them because they're not a threat to a steady revenue stream. Think about it.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    shawnc49902shawnc49902 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yea i have unistalled for this fact so tired of trying to do pvp/dungeon or skirmish and half the team if not all but me are bots.....there is not much to do once you hit 60 when so much bots....u do epic and half party leaves or are bots....only real thing ive seen is the 20v20 pvp.But soon that will be nothing but bots....Game seems like it is getting overran so i think its time to find another game.After a month of playing lol games going to die fast so gl all haha.
  • Options
    soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I level 3 chars in Beholder, and no bots. Beholder is clear.
  • Options
    mavalonmavalon Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    soulwhisp wrote: »
    I level 3 chars in Beholder, and no bots. Beholder is clear.

Beholder is filled with bots...
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yea i have unistalled for this fact so tired of trying to do pvp
    I'm thinking of doing the same. I only started playing a couple of weeks ago, and haven't even hit 60 yet. They're totally out of control in pvp.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Craptic won't do anything about them because they're not a threat to a steady revenue stream. Think about it.

Actually, it is hurting them. I'm sure there will be some people who get fed up with being forced to accommodate for cheaters, but the biggest impact these bots have is they sell their goods cheap. Cheaper than those who manually work for them.

Cheaper prices = less demand for AD = less demand for Zen = less $$$ for Cryptic
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This has been complained too many times. I have complained a lot of time about this. And it will just remains.

So, can someone go make a parody music video, using Sabrina's "Boys Boys Boys" and change to "Bots Bots Bots"?
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    They are literally everywhere, it's a plague.

Pre-60 there's is almost no match without a bot, and usually there are two. Post-60 there are the same number of bots, they just get outnumbered by the lvl60's.

This is fact, nothing anecdotal about it.

Very low level gear, never using a mount, always following the same paths, auto-attack and -rotation.

But I figured it was limited to PvP where the harm is limited to pvp stuff. Then I started spotting very low level geared TR's running around the Whispering Caverns, never using a mount, always following the same paths. They take a route past all the kit locations and when they get agro they just keep walking, the mobs follow but can't reach and give up when the bot makes it to camp.

I play the US slow hours and they don't go away simply because more people start playing. I haven't got the numbers but I've waited around the entrance to the camp for five minutes and saw 5 bots pass and only 3 real people.

Basically people are cheating on a mass scale, and it is increasing. Cryptic is losing this battle and really needs to step up before there are only bots running around.

All your Astral Diamonds are belong to us.

Borg_Klingon_Closeup.jpg
    12.jpgRanger.jpg