test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Magelord Armor ?

everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
edited July 2013 in The Library
I think I know the answer, but I will ask anyway. If you drop an AOE on a bunch of mobs that have more than 75% health does the 4 set bonus stack for each mob hit granting the 900 recovery for each mob hit? Or is it 1 and done? I only have 2 of the pieces as was wondering if it was worth it to get the other 2.

The second question is should it stack for AOEs? The recovery is only for 6 seconds. I feel it should to make it more inline wit the other T2 sets in terms of value. I really hate it when game designers do not balance drops/powers fairly making 1 thing more desireable regardless of playstyle or theme.

IMHO all the T2 armors should be roughly equal in value/power and provide different but viable options of play rather than 1 is really great and the other sucks, and everyone ends up being a cookie cutter.
Post edited by everwindgale on

Comments

• Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    magelord is the best because it makes you the lord of all mages. /troll

anyway, i have the same question too someone started a thread like this before but no one answered
  • Options
    runephoenix77runephoenix77 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    About a month ago I had a friend with this set go to the trade of blades and cast a control power on all 3 full health dummies. Well he only got the proc once so at that point I deemed the set useless. Unless the balance patch changed it which I doubt.
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    About a month ago I had a friend with this set go to the trade of blades and cast a control power on all 3 full health dummies. Well he only got the proc once so at that point I deemed the set useless. Unless the balance patch changed it which I doubt.

so it sucks :(
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Magelord buff doesn't stack.

It is bugged though, and using a control power on any mob regardless of how much hp they have, will trigger the 4 piece. So basically the 4 piece buff is real easy to maintain with 1 control encounter power.

Also, when you put your shield up (not when you pop it, but first use it to get a shield around you) the 4 piece will trigger (another bug)

If it wasn't bugged like this, I think it would need more than stacking with AoE's to make the set even remotely usefull. As it stands it's barely competitive with 2 + 2 mix match since most CWs are already getting diminishing returns on recovery. I think a better change to the set to make it worthwhile would be to change all the raw stats on the set pieces substituting recovery for something else, perhaps armor pen, perhaps more defense/regen, perhaps a mix of both.