What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Open Letter to Cryptic / PWE Regarding Customer Service

2»

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your point is?

I volunteer at a local charity group two days a week, I sometimes have to deal with customer service issues, if my service was this bad I'd be "sacked".

The game being free and the Community Mods being volunteers is no excuse for poor customer service.

All The Best

No, but it's been said that we mods should take up customer service issues. We can't. We've already told Som and Pin until their ears explode that there's issues...but that's the extent of what we can do.

Let me state again for the record that a thread has already been created to address issues with customer service. The fact of the matter is that it's a problem growing faster than PWE can hire and train new CS reps to deal with it...to say nothing of the fact that not every rep PWE hires is going to cut it, like the job, or whatever reason...and so it's a seemingly never ending battle.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, but it's been said that we mods should take up customer service issues. We can't. We've already told Som and Pin until their ears explode that there's issues...but that's the extent of what we can do.

Let me state again for the record that a thread has already been created to address issues with customer service. The fact of the matter is that it's a problem growing faster than PWE can hire and train new CS reps to deal with it...to say nothing of the fact that not every rep PWE hires is going to cut it, like the job, or whatever reason...and so it's a seemingly never ending battle.

On a side note, can you pass along the sentiment that we'd like to see more communication from the community manager on the forums? Not for customer service, but just for... community management, just like their title?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On a side note, can you pass along the sentiment that we'd like to see more communication from the community manager on the forums? Not for customer service, but just for... community management, just like their title?

We do that. We just can't push things off their plate with a snap of our fingers, though.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pretty much every MMO I have played prior to the last 2 years or so has had regular player/dev contact.

In one I've even been on the panel for two "dev/community manager/player" meetings (VOIP) designed to get player feedback, give the devs a chance to explain the "road-map" and the "vision" and allow better communication between the players and the "company".

More recent games don't do that it seems, and they suffer with poor player retention, bad customer service and lack of trust between players and company because of that.

All The Best

ME3MP which wasn't even an mmo had better relations. Devs used to actually come play the game with us. Warframe holds weekly podcasts which often include the lead game designer. They talk about where they are , where they are going etc... warframe founders actually have their own forum where they get to voice an opinion on what should be given priority.

All the devs from those games were just as busy, yet they still found time to talk with the players.
  • dd93dd93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have no idea why people are calling this a wall of text. It's a well written, properly spaced letter. I mean really, the title even says "open letter". If you don't know what that means, then the blame is on you for being surprised by a post longer than two sentences.

^This, i took the time to read the whole post.
  • tobiasmorgantobiasmorgan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Okay, let me address your first point, you want the Devs, to drop what they are doing every so often, in order to come onto the forums and post something.. Okay, that's fine in theory, but it makes fixing bugs take much longer. The reason that you don't see much of the Dev's posting on these forums, is because they are busy trying to improve this game that we all enjoy playing.

I believe that's an acceptable compromise. We get that if they take five minutes to tell us they're working on something, that's five minutes they didn't spend working on it. But that five minutes = a tremendously less pissed off audience.
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    The long and the short of it, is that this is a discussion forum first and foremost, not a customer support forum.

Then CS/PWE shouldn't reference this forum as a place to go to get help for stuff. When you send a bug report or a GM help, do they not suggest you try the forums for help? And frankly, this would be a tremendously more economic way to handle support. Instead of sending 400 emails out responding to the same customer support issue (say, Alchemy bug) why not respond to the 400 post thread on the subject when it's time to make that customer service outreach?

I understand that the CMs here have very, very little tools at their disposal besides shooting off an email to your superior saying "Hey guys, lots of people are ticked about X today." You're not the people this letter is designed for. We get that you can't do much besides culling spam and trolling, and that's fine. It's not your job to provide customer service. It's theirs.
    While Neverember Fiddles - NW-DKV72BYTD - Give it a try!
  • furorfuror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why do you write such a long post pwe dont care about you or your cs ticket. Everyone knows this game have no customer service or gm. Also if its anything related to billing and that involves money, yea they will answer your ticket alright like fast. If its game or account related issues they brush you off
    on answering tickets. Also there are bugs still not fixed since well since open beta of this game back in may, yea the dev's busy fixing bugs and expllooits in dungeons alright, im sure.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think they do a pretty good job responding. I'm not sure if you are new to gaming but most MMO message boards get zero response. They're also pretty active on Facebook & Twitter. Check out the customer service there.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • furorfuror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    I think they do a pretty good job responding. I'm not sure if you are new to gaming but most MMO message boards get zero response. They're also pretty active on Facebook & Twitter. Check out the customer service there.

no not new to mmorpg, i played world of warcraft cs resolved my issues within 24 hours. and aion ncsoft has good response time to customers regarding any issues 3 days max. PWE repsonds to game related issues close to a month, but if it is billing issues its 3 days max for PWE.

PWE will respond to billing issues pretty fast 3 days, probably because it involves money. For other issues your pretty much screwed.
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    They owe me a refund from double charge they did a month ago (exactly a month ago today) and was promised on 6/28 it would be there in 2 to 7 days, guess what... its still not there. They don't give a rats *** about customer service or their players. they just want to take your money.
  • shytbyrdshytbyrd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited July 2013
    Please hire Avery...
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey all!

Thanks for the great feedback here. We apologize for any delays in responding to support-related issues; Customer Support is under very high load at the moment and is working diligently to respond to all requests. More info is available here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?287382-Customer-Service-Update

In terms of feedback and updates, we're always actively listening to your feedback and drawing upon it to make Neverwinter even better. You can take a look at what's coming up for Neverwinter on Preview, and keep up with the Community and Development Team's postings on the Dev Tracker.

Please keep posting your thoughts and feedback! It provides an immense source of help for us in determining how to make the game better - the "kitchen sink" patch from a couple of weeks ago is a great example. :)

Cheers!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all!

Thanks for the great feedback here. We apologize for any delays in responding to support-related issues; Customer Support is under very high load at the moment and is working diligently to respond to all requests. More info is available here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?287382-Customer-Service-Update

In terms of feedback and updates, we're always actively listening to your feedback and drawing upon it to make Neverwinter even better. You can take a look at what's coming up for Neverwinter on Preview, and keep up with the Community and Development Team's postings on the Dev Tracker.

Please keep posting your thoughts and feedback! It provides an immense source of help for us in determining how to make the game better - the "kitchen sink" patch from a couple of weeks ago is a great example. :)

Cheers!

Well I think you can start by upgrading your accounting department from an abacus to 21st century computers with some solid accounting programs and with people that will actually respond to emails instead of ignoring your customers.

Oh, and of course keeping your promises for refunds.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the "kitchen sink" patch from a couple of weeks ago is a great example.

Haha, given Cryptic's history (at least in CO) with the term Kitchen Sink patch, I'm surprised you guys are still referring to patches as such. It normally means "big patch that totally breaks the game".
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In terms of feedback and updates, we're always actively listening to your feedback and drawing upon it to make Neverwinter even better.

(...)

Please keep posting your thoughts and feedback!

Thank you for popping in on this thread. :)

Now, is it too much to ask to get this sort of two-way communication in other threads about major issues such as multi-day Foundry server downtimes?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    altumus wrote: »
    /anti sign - its a free game, do what you're meant to do, leave if you don't like it. The barely have enough support to answer tickets, let alone read your long winded post.

Which is part of the issue.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rishzoth wrote: »
    The wall of text hurt my eyes...

I am sure there is a better avenue to inform PWE and Cryptic than a forum post, which more than likely won't reach your intended audience.

Really? The formatting was extremely neat and conventional. What is your current reading age?

Edit:

"Well.. looks like we got ourselves a reader.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuG3il7Bgo8 (contains a rude word, heads-up if on speakers in the Vatican or something)
    shytbyrd wrote: »
    Please hire Avery...

After a month of trying to be breezy and efficient around MMO players, he'd be a twitching, embittered husk. It's harder than it looks.. how do you think sominator ended up in that phylactery? :)