test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Editing Status - Back Online!

Comments

• zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I am guesstimating that the foundry has been down for what... 9-13 days or so of unscheduled down time since 'oft launch'. I am honestly at the point where I assume your foundry people really have no idea what happens each time and you just keep throwing different things at it till it works.

What I do know is if a dungeon or end game instance went down you would have that back up super fast and be updating us every 30 minutes. Nothing against Cryptic specifically, but in general if the vast majority of the community are not using a feature it tends to sit broken for a lot longer, which is a really horrid way to run a game.

I really just hope more MMO's start adding in a UGC system into their design plans, one that is actually stable and gets proper support and additions to it.

Once the foundry is back up we should start an AD pool on when the foundry will go down again, could be fun.

In their defense, when Epic Pirate King went down it was just as bad. They didn't acknowledge the problem for 2-3 days after it was posted on the forums, and then the fix was put into the next Maintanence like 5 days after that. No emergency maint, no big announcement going "So sorry, please don't do this dungeon right now it doesn't work", just a very slow fix and a lot of angry people who wasted their Delve time.
  • valdricarvaldricar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i'm afraid this whole thing might be my fault. you see, i was making a character, and i used one of the different eyebrow options that was very clearly marked, "*DO - NOT - USE*".

i don't regret it, either. they were beautiful eyebrows. i would know, i myself have had eyebrows my entire life, and consider myself an expert.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, my Foundry done left me
    Left me far behind
    Well, my Foundry done left me
    She left me so far behind
    Well, she didn't leave a note
    And she didn't even say goodbye

Well, I miss my Foundry
    I miss her all day long
    Now, I miss my Foundry
    I miss her all day long
    But until she comes back
    I'll just keep singing my song

Miss my Foundry
    You know, I miss her all time
    Well, I miss my Foundry
    I miss her all the time
    But if anyone asks
    I'll just tell 'em that I'm doing fine

Miss my Foundry
    Miss her all day long
    Well, she done left me
    She done went far away
    But until she comes back
    This is right where I'm gonna stay
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Day 3

No updates? Cryptic?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well, they are in Pacific time, right?

Hopefully they'll say something after they get up in the morning...
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • zaodanzaodan Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nimmanu wrote: »
    Well, they are in Pacific time, right?

Hopefully they'll say something after they get up in the morning...

For the record (since you are the 2nd or 3rd person to say this), developers do not go to sleep (are not allowed to go to sleep) when there is a production outage. They work 24/7 until its fixed.

If the PWE devs are, in fact, going to sleep without fixing the foundry, they need to immediately be fired and replaced. So does their boss.

Nuff said.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Normally I complain when this happens but I've been taking a break from the Foundry anyway, so meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • threstonthreston Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    good thing i still have my DDO sub
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zaodan wrote: »
    For the record (since you are the 2nd or 3rd person to say this), developers do not go to sleep (are not allowed to go to sleep) when there is a production outage. They work 24/7 until its fixed.

If the PWE devs are, in fact, going to sleep without fixing the foundry, they need to immediately be fired and replaced. So does their boss.

Nuff said.

Are you serious? Is that even legal? :eek:

If that's true, then they're probably too flipping exhausted to post anything... they just want to get done and get home to a soft, warm bed (or a soft cool bed, whatev).
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Nuff said.

LOL, what world do you live in?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    Day 3

No updates? Cryptic?

day 4, oh how the clocks work, lol.

If its was the game servers, there on it quick sharp, but as they get no cash from the foundry its not on high pry. its like posting silly Facebook news how "come join this dev on this website. on a foundry review," balls
    I say it every few weeks this happens, getting bored of it, so let's dance.

This-is-Internet-Duane-Dancing-Kid-GIF.gif?w=600
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • matthewleemyersmatthewleemyers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Day 3

No updates? Cryptic?
    Huh? The thread you're posting on is, in fact, an update posted less than 24 hours earlier. And there was an update to that update only 12 hours later. I get that we live in a fast-food, home-shopping world, but really... how short are your days?

That said, I'm really hoping for a swift return and an announcement when things are back online. I was just about ready to actually publish my first legit Foundry quest and this definitely put a bit of a damper on it. :(
    edited July 2013
    Huh? The thread you're posting on is, in fact, an update posted less than 24 hours earlier
    day 4, oh how the clocks work, lol.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, according to Cryptic server time. The servers were down before this announcement. Pay attention. ;)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    OK sorry then, but was sure it was Tuesday for me, maybe it went down for a bit that day, but the full days is what you said,.my bad..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

-=-
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    DDO... look me up on the Canith server. My guild is 'the Mighty Heros of Stormreach'. If DDO ever develops a UGC system I'll never play NWO again. It's not a perfect game but at least the classes aren't all just the same thing with different graphics. See ya'.
    edited July 2013
    DDO... look me up on the Canith server. My guild is 'the Mighty Heros of Stormreach'. If DDO ever develops a UGC system I'll never play NWO again. It's not a perfect game but at least the classes aren't all just the same thing with different graphics. See ya'.

I will agree with you there, and ill PM you later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
  • shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013

Nuff said.

Lolol.

Yes, I always find my productivity at fixing servers is much better when I haven't slept for three days straight.
    And when I need to go to sleep, good luck on "are not allowed to go to sleep" hehe.
  • xpurpleinsanityxxpurpleinsanityx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OK sorry then, but was sure it was Tuesday for me, maybe it went down for a bit that day, but the full days is what you said,.my bad..

It was down for me on Tuesday as well.
    yGX5UJU.jpg
    Threads: Part 1: Rising of the Dragons (NW-DNGIC6AJC) | Part 2: Abyssal Pursuit (NW-DESQ9HQAZ)
    edited July 2013

No worries. BTW, I quoted you along with matthew. For the record my "pay attention" remark was directed at him, not you. :)

Someone said they couldn't get in at 9am their time, whatever timezone that was, on Wednesday. So depending upon people's locations in the world, that might have been Tuesday night for them.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited July 2013
    you guys are on canith? i'm on argo lol
    edited July 2013

and they use the better ruleset
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The reason for better communication is that, right now, I have utterly no faith that Foundry isn't going to keep going down weekly for the next 8 months.

With no idea why anything is happening, and the same nonmessage each time 'we're working diligently on it! Any time now! (a day or two passes) we think we have a solution! (another day) Coming back up! (week later, repeat)', how are we supposed to have any faith in what's going on?

And that kind of demoralization... I haven't worked on my new quest for several weeks now. I'm finding it hard to get motivated, between the atmosphere of the Foundry subforum, the incredible difficulty getting any visibility, the limitations of Foundry, the iffiness of Foundry search, and the horrible uptime of the system.

Foundry is the ONLY reason I play this game. When Foundry is down and I don't have time to play someone's Foundry missions? I don't play.

And if this goes on long enough... I'll look elsewhere for creative outlet. Granted, NW has just about the only MMO UGC, and it's definitely the best at it. But I'm not wedded to UGC in a MMO, and push me hard enough, I'll leave.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • matthewleemyersmatthewleemyers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No worries. BTW, I quoted you along with matthew. For the record my "pay attention" remark was directed at him, not you. :)

Someone said they couldn't get in at 9am their time, whatever timezone that was, on Wednesday. So depending upon people's locations in the world, that might have been Tuesday night for them.
    Well, I was working on my quest on the Foundry Wednesday evening at 9pm (Pacific). I made my post just after 9am on Friday. That's 36 hours. So...

That said, I took "No Update" to mean "No Announcement". They've been making announcements and keeping us in the loop. So "Day 3, No Fix" may be accurate (though not really, since the Foundry certainly hasn't been continuously down that long, and I honestly didn't notice it down at all earlier in the week). "10 Hours, No Update" would definitely be accurate. Heck, even "These updates are overly ambiguous and I'd like a better idea of your timeline" would be very legitimate. But "Day 3, No Update" when posting on an update thread only 24 hours old is hyperbole at best and a complete fiction at worst.
  • narayansinghnarayansingh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    shefenhow wrote: »
    Lolol.

Yes, I always find my productivity at fixing servers is much better when I haven't slept for three days straight.
    And when I need to go to sleep, good luck on "are not allowed to go to sleep" hehe.

So are you saying that the Foundry is not as important as the game itself? Or are you saying that if the game was offline that they would leave and let the game remain offline until the next morning? And then try to fix it. Or something different altogether?

BTW when I worked for a web hosting company. What the hosting server/servers went down, the tech guys either stayed (If they thought it was not going to take days to fix) or they called in help and worked in shifts. Either way there was always someone working on the problem.
    Sweet Water and Light Laughter Till Next We Meet.
    Narayan
  • voxx75voxx75 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Does it really matter why it's down? What, is someone armed with that knowledge going to reach through the internets and fix the "server issue"? The fact is, it's down. Deal with it. This is a new game. There will be problems. Hopefully, problems that occur now will only improve the quality of the game further down the road.
    @voxx75:
    "An Occurrence at Faolon's Field"
    (daily eligible)
    Shortcode: NW-DGPROFMWU
    "A Lunacy in Havenlock" (needs reviews!)
    Shortcode: NW-DUY2JXAQQ
    edited July 2013
    But "Day 3, No Update" when posting on an update thread only 24 hours old is hyperbole at best and a complete fiction at worst.

:rolleyes: Find something better to argue about that's actually worth people's time. Oh, I don't know, like how the Foundry editor servers are always offline, like how Cryptic doesn't like to communicate on a regular basis with the community.
    voxx75 wrote: »
    The fact is, it's down. Deal with it. This is a new game.

Oh, so the war cry from the fans are now it's "a new game" instead of "it's beta". I'll wait until "it's a dead game" to laugh.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • celantracelantra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 465
    edited July 2013
    I just got in and life is good again.
    edited July 2013
    celantra wrote: »
    I just got in and life is good again.

I don't see an official update yet. Are you serious or just trolling?
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    So are you saying that the Foundry is not as important as the game itself? Or are you saying that if the game was offline that they would leave and let the game remain offline until the next morning? And then try to fix it. Or something different altogether?

BTW when I worked for a web hosting company. What the hosting server/servers went down, the tech guys either stayed (If they thought it was not going to take days to fix) or they called in help and worked in shifts. Either way there was always someone working on the problem.

Which is fine. Shifts is different to trying to stop people sleeping.
  • smurfjokerzsmurfjokerz Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2013
    I don't see an official update yet. Are you serious or just trolling?

it is back up for real. im in foundry edit now