test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Error during publish: Publish failed: sbNoPublishing is set."

zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I receive the message "Error during publish: Publish failed: sbNoPublishing is set" whenever attempting to publish a Foundry quest, ANY quest.

I've tried customer support, the foundry forum, googling the issue, asking in chat, and can find no help. And in fact have been told by your customer service that this is a BUG, and I should report it to you.

This appears to be a flag setting on the server, and not something I can influence locally, god knows I've tried. Now it's possible this setting was enabled intentionally by someone at PWE or Cryptic. I have no idea why that would be the case because I have received no communication, automated or otherwise, regarding the foundry, aside from replies to my previous attempts at getting help from customer service about this issue.

So what I'm hoping you could maybe help me out by either disabling the setting, or letting me know why/how it was enabled in the first place and how I might go about remedying that.

Thanks.
Don't Panic.
airplane-2-o.gif
Okay, Panic.
Post edited by zoiks100 on

Comments

• zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So it's been about a month and a half now since I first encountered this issue, according to Perfect World customer service it is in fact a bug.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited August 2013
    Week #7 now, this issue remains unresolved and undocumented.

I still get the above error message whenever attempting to publish. And I still haven't received any notification that this was intentional and not a BUG as I was told by customer support.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • edgeakedgeak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have been getting the same 'Error during publish. Publish failed: sbNoPublishing is set' message when I try to publish any of my foundries. Also, my foundry that had already been published can't be played by anyone if they accept it from their subscriptions or already had the quest, they will get 'Couldn't get map names from map manager' upon trying to travel to the quest map. My foundry can't be found through the search function anymore either. This has been happening for 2 days.
    edited August 2013
    And it's now week #8, still can't publish, still get the same error, still absolutely no sign this is a known issue or that it's being worked on.

While I'm a little glad I'm no longer the only one having this issue, I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problem, edgeak. I suggest contacting customer support, maybe they'll be more help to you than they were to me, but don't expect any resolution any time soon.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited August 2013
    Week #9, technically 9 and 1/2, but I wanted to wait until I got to try to publish after module 1. And yeah, still doesn't work. Still no contact regarding this issue from anyone since I was told by CS it was a bug and they couldn't do anything to help me..
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The foundry is partially (mostly?) down right now for massive updating, additions, and fixes after the Feywild release. I hate to say it, but your foundry is definitely not going anywhere until they're done. Maybe your problems will get fixed when they're finished, though.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited August 2013
    Week #10, still can't publish, still no contact on what's going on beyond CS telling me a couple months ago that it was a bug.

Also until they acknowledge this issue in some way I have no reason whatsoever to believe that they even know it exists, let alone are working on fixing it. Heck, they never even contacted me about my lost profession assets even though I might have been the first one to report the bug.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited September 2013
    Week #...<looks up> 11? I guess, lost count at this point. Anyway...

What is best in life?

To fix foundry bugs, to see them driven from your code, and to hear the lamentations of your overworked QA department!
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited September 2013
    Week #12, 3 months! <confetti> Still same error, still no response, still waiting...
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited September 2013
    Week #13: Same error, still unresolved, still not documented in any known bugs list I can find.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Did you publish any exploit quests or quests that violate the Terms of Service? It looks like you have been flagged as someone not allowed to publish.
  • venuslupus81venuslupus81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I agree with Izatar, though they should have notified you. Try creating a new simplier map and see if that works, it could help the tech team narrow down what exactly is causing the issue insted of simply "It won't upload."

On a side note, it sounds like your on a desserted island documenting what is happening every week.
    Week 3, no sign of life, I crafted a spear today, hopefully I can get some fish, still unsure how to make a boat.
    Week 5, Boat made, tried to float away today but it collapsed as soon as it wen into the water. :3
    Good luck to you!
    edited September 2013
    It would certainly seem that way, wouldn't it? I've definitely considered that possibly, and still do. But the thing is, I only ever published 2 maps. The first being a cheesy daily map I made for myself and friends, the other was an attempt to see what was possible using the foundry as far as puzzles go.

And while that first map was cheesy, it didn't involve anything that is or has ever been qualified as an exploit. You couldn't kill the mobs without being attacked by them and it wasn't a quest completion spamable quest. The only thing questionable about it was I used a timer to ensure the quest could be completed after 15 minutes time. I have seen a number of other quests with this same mechanic since, or the map creator would manually do the same by timing their map themselves, and as far as I know they were never deleted or banned.

Beyond that I also have never received ANY communication from anyone at Cryptic or PW stating that I was warned, banned, or even had my maps removed. What happened is that after unpublishing my second map, due to bugs which made it impossible to finish, I was simply no long able to publish any map. And yes, I have tried making very simple maps, it doesn't work. I even removed and completely deleted my first map to see if it was the problem, no help there either.

Also, when I contacted PW/Cryptic's customer support concerning this issue, I pointedly mentioned that I thought this sounded like I had been banned. After weeks of waiting their response was effectively that I had not been banned, that they did not know what the message meant, and that they considered it a bug and I should go report it in game/here. Which of course I already had, but it shows that not even their own customer support know what this "sbnopublishing" flag is.

Finally, I can also edit, load, and save foundry maps all day long if I wanted to. I just can't publish them due to this nonsensical error message. That would be a pretty wacky way of banning someone.

If this is simply a case of me being banned, why not say so? Why not contact me at all? Why not have SOME kind of system in place that at least TELLS the player they've been banned, tells their own customer support the player has been banned, and gives the player a means of contesting or at least eventually removing said ban?

In the end if I have been banned, then I don't know which I consider worse. Their inability/refusal to address bugs which make whole chunks of gameplay unusable, or their method of dealing with questionable content their own players create FOR THEM when they don't provide adequate documentation on what is and isn't allowed, nor even allow us to discuss it on the forums.

Oh and I did create a couple posts that were similar to a "mountaineering journal" in the foundry forum. That thread got hijacked by one of the many foundry outages and I got tired of updating it "in character". Once I got the response back that it was a bug I also figured I should post about it here anyway.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited September 2013
    Week #14, still getting the same error message, still not resolved, still received no contact, still no documentation.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited October 2013
    Week #15, still get the same error, still not resolved, still no contact, still no mention in known issues.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited October 2013
    Week #16, So yeah, it's not fixed.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited October 2013
    Week#17, Guess what time it is, children? That's right, it's sbnopublishing time! And no one knows what the heck that means.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Nothing in your installed directory logs?
    ....\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\logs\GameClient

Tried deleting "tmp" directory?
    ....\Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\tmp

Tried setting "force verify" option in patcher?

Tried re-installing?
    edited October 2013
    I've already tried moving everything in the directory, still didn't work, and putting everything back in the directory, still didn't work.

Tried that.

Tried that.

Did not try that, and already know it wouldn't work anyway. I've tested publishing on another account using the same game install, it had no problem so it's definitely tied to this account.

Just for fun I even tried publishing, withdrawing, and republishing (which is how I first encountered the issue on this account). And again, no problem.

So yeah, whatever sbnopublishing is, it's tied to this account. Whether it's a ban or a bug they don't want to/know how to fix they should probably let me know cause I'm still here, and I'll keep posting about it. And frankly it would be a service to themselves to give this error message another pass and make it say something that at least their own customer service can recognize the meaning of.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
    edited October 2013
    Week #18, past the 1/3 of a year point, still nothing.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    zoiks100 wrote: »
    I've tested publishing on another account using the same game install, it had no problem so it's definitely tied to this account.

Have you tried publishing a completely blank map, or one of the pre-made maps without any modifications using the account?
    That'd pretty much verify that it's 100% tied to the account and not because something got messed up on any of your previous maps.
    edited October 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Have you tried publishing a completely blank map, or one of the pre-made maps without any modifications using the account?
    That'd pretty much verify that it's 100% tied to the account and not because something got messed up on any of your previous maps.

Yes, I have been able to publish a map with the absolute minimum required to make it publishable on my other account. Attempting to publish the same map on this account results in "sbnopublishing is set".

If I knew a way to do so, I would copy the quest I actually care about and attempt to publish it on the other account. Sadly I have no idea how to do that, simply copying the local map files doesn't work as far as I can tell.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.