test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Companions, death and PvP

shadowmystryshadowmystry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know the standard is to have an augment pet for level 60 (I have stone on main).

BUT

If all the other pets couldn't die just like the augment pets... would anyone switch? And if yes to what and why?

AND

If above rule was true and they allowed pets in PvP (I have no idea why they don't) what pet would you use there?
Post edited by shadowmystry on

Comments

• Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    i wont use any pet cause i hate them and i wont do PVP atall if i see any pets there
  • Options
    shadowmystryshadowmystry Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sallee132 wrote: »
    i wont use any pet cause i hate them and i wont do PVP atall if i see any pets there

So u don't want to use an augment pet to get around 2000 - 2500 extra stats? Ya OK...
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't use an augment pet, I got the green cleric from the IGN promo the other day and tbh I play for the immersion of the game rather than to play it like a spreadsheet warrior..

So I would rather have any other companion that adds something to my characters look/feel than have a fruit pastille flying round my head just so I can roll with the GS junkies ..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I don't use an augment pet, I got the green cleric from the IGN promo the other day and tbh I play for the immersion of the game rather than to play it like a spreadsheet warrior..

So I would rather have any other companion that adds something to my characters look/feel than have a fruit pastille flying round my head just so I can roll with the GS junkies ..

Hey that's great... i'm not running around telling ppl they have to use augments... But even with green cleric... wouldn't it be a lot nicer if u didn't have to turn around every 5 seconds and res it? (high lvl area's and dungs)

Oh and stone doesn't change ur GS
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    By GS junkies I mean people who will quote 'it gives me x amount of fruit pastille power extra' AND those who stand around in PE shouting '25k GS + Stone + Peen + I never run dungeons I just like telling the world my stats' kinda people..

On a side note .. yeah it would be nice if all companions were buffed a little for end game but its not too much of a bother as most fights are done quick enough that they are back on their feet asap anyways
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    By GS junkies I mean people who will quote 'it gives me x amount of fruit pastille power extra' AND those who stand around in PE shouting '25k GS + Stone + Peen + I never run dungeons I just like telling the world my stats' kinda people..

On a side note .. yeah it would be nice if all companions were buffed a little for end game but its not too much of a bother as most fights are done quick enough that they are back on their feet asap anyways

Righto I get ya.
    And the fights I was kind of talking about would be the epic dung. fights that do take a long time (bosses). Because if we are going to be realistic anything but an augment companion atm is pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in these unless ur doing t1's. It just seems to me that, that seems to be the biggest handicap all pets (except augments) have. They die on a boss fight very fast.
    From my point of view it just seems annoying that everyone should be using 1 of 2 pets (don't need to but it is better by a lot). I think just equalising the pets by having them not die would make a lot of sense.

This would also allow for more diverse groups... meaning that you don't need a CW for every group because you can now have a few members pull out a cc companion... pretty much the same for any missing class. It wouldn't be as good but may allow u to complete w/e your doing.