test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue groups for pvp according to gear score.

citizynkingcitizynking Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I dont think there's anything more annoying than jumping into pvp to start getting geared and immediately getting stomped by somebody who is in their full purples. It's frustrating, fulfills nothing other than allowing me to be a tool to stroke their ego, and just generally sucks.

I propose the idea that the pvp system, at least for 5v5 domination, should take into account the gear score of the person queuing.

I feel that there would be multiple benefits to a change such as this:

1. No more getting gear-stomped. I don't mind losing, but it'd be nice if I had a fighting chance and if I lost because of my opponents skill, rather than their ability to farm.

2. Bots. More often than not, bots do not seem to be wearing decent gear. So while we would still deal with bots early on, eventually they would become unseen as the real players start to get gear and surpass them.

3. NO MORE GETTING GEAR STOMPED, GAH. It's just not fun!
Post edited by citizynking on

Comments

• masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sounds great, BUT:

200 people with GS 8000 are in queue.
    9 people with GS 12k+ are in queue.

All low geared are finding games very fast. High geared players will wait until chrismas.

I would prefer a matchmaking system which is trying to create balanced teams. In case that some low geared must be added so that both teams would be full, both teams should get low geared players.

The sum of gear score of both teams should be nearly equally (+/- 4000GS maybe as a toerance).

Main problem: "low gear" with maximum greater tenebrous results in a GS of 9-10k ... but they still kill everything X_X
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This doesn't sound efficient. Say for an example someone with extremely high scored, heavily enchanted, super rare, purple gears. Now think if this person just took off there gear and put on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> white gears and had a really low gear score for that moment, and then queued for a pvp match. Now the match is starting and what's that? All of a sudden he puts his insane purples back on and the system failed!
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I dont think there's anything more annoying than jumping into pvp to start getting geared and immediately getting stomped by somebody who is in their full purples. It's frustrating, fulfills nothing other than allowing me to be a tool to stroke their ego, and just generally sucks.

Classic.

You're complaining about being a "tool to stroke their ego"...

...so you're asking for the queue system to set you up with people who you think are easier for you to kill...so that they can be a tool to stroke your ego instead.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • ninjakattninjakatt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    This doesn't sound efficient. Say for an example someone with extremely high scored, heavily enchanted, super rare, purple gears. Now think if this person just took off there gear and put on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> white gears and had a really low gear score for that moment, and then queued for a pvp match. Now the match is starting and what's that? All of a sudden he puts his insane purples back on and the system failed!

Sadly but true. However, there is a way with right programming. You can simply have it disable the ability to switch gears to counter that.
  • pwniexpresspwniexpress Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    Classic.

You're complaining about being a "tool to stroke their ego"...

...so you're asking for the queue system to set you up with people who you think are easier for you to kill...so that they can be a tool to stroke your ego instead.

I think the OP is actually making a different point than that. He's looking for competitive matches. I can get behind that idea too. I like close-fought games against nearly equal opponents: win or lose, everyone has fun. When my side really crushes the opposition, I actually feel kind of bad for the other players. They wanted to have fun too, and I'm pretty sure nobody enjoys being monkey-stomped repeatedly during an activity that is supposed to be recreation and enjoyment.

I see a lot of skilled pvp players who are indifferent to the fact that most players don't enjoy gaming against them; some are actually pleased to see their opponents getting frustrated or discouraged. I've seen even posters here who advocate insulting and taunting opponents in order to upset them and throw them off their game. This is poor sportsmanship. I'd like to see a gaming community in which we respect each other and try to create an experience that's fun for everyone.
  • vitalityprimevitalityprime Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think the OP is actually making a different point than that. He's looking for competitive matches. I can get behind that idea too. I like close-fought games against nearly equal opponents: win or lose, everyone has fun. When my side really crushes the opposition, I actually feel kind of bad for the other players. They wanted to have fun too, and I'm pretty sure nobody enjoys being monkey-stomped repeatedly during an activity that is supposed to be recreation and enjoyment.

I see a lot of skilled pvp players who are indifferent to the fact that most players don't enjoy gaming against them; some are actually pleased to see their opponents getting frustrated or discouraged. I've seen even posters here who advocate insulting and taunting opponents in order to upset them and throw them off their game. This is poor sportsmanship. I'd like to see a gaming community in which we respect each other and try to create an experience that's fun for everyone.

That makes sense.

I guess it was just how the OP worded it...and how they categorized every person with purple gear as someone who is just trying to stroke their ego...as if they can't possibly be just playing for fun too.

It definitely read out as more of a "butthurt" thread.
    _________
    VARIANT

"Nearly all men can withstand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

-Abraham Lincoln-
  • citizynkingcitizynking Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That makes sense.

I guess it was just how the OP worded it...and how they categorized every person with purple gear as someone who is just trying to stroke their ego...as if they can't possibly be just playing for fun too.

It definitely read out as more of a "butthurt" thread.

You seem to be the only one here who read it that way. Pwniexpress got the point I was making.
    edited July 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Sounds great, BUT:

200 people with GS 8000 are in queue.
    9 people with GS 12k+ are in queue.

All low geared are finding games very fast. High geared players will wait until chrismas.

I would prefer a matchmaking system which is trying to create balanced teams. In case that some low geared must be added so that both teams would be full, both teams should get low geared players.

The sum of gear score of both teams should be nearly equally (+/- 4000GS maybe as a toerance).

Main problem: "low gear" with maximum greater tenebrous results in a GS of 9-10k ... but they still kill everything X_X

You make a good point. I'd be fine with balanced teams, as long as there's some sense of fairness to the match. It just sucks so much when you get a full team of people fresh into 60 with their broker-bought blues and they have to get stomped over and over again before they can compete.

Hell, balanced matches would also get everyone geared faster. I've noticed that if your team wins 500 to 40, you only get about 400 glory, while if your team wins 500 to 450, you get around 1000.
  • no2uno2u Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The amount of people in this game who have game breaking gear and enchants is very minuscule. Judging by the sheer number of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> who play this game its safe to assume that most people who complain about gear are the same ones who don't know how to roll/dodge/blink and are still playing with halfass feat/power builds they leveled with.

Point is there are so many reasons you could be under performing. The other teams gear score is more than likely at the bottom of the list. People always want to point fingers at someone or something else instead of trying to fix the issues themselves.

All they really need to do is allow premades to que against other premades.
    edited July 2013
    When my IBS crits for 2000 on a CW's face, I'ma say its because of gear and not because of my supposed inability to dodge.