test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the most Astral Diamonds you've wasted in a single go....

h3rbossh3rboss Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
So yesterday I accidentally started a 6 hour leadership task, went to cancel it and accidentally hit the 'completely stupid it's even there as the prices are beyond insane' "Finish" button and blew about 24k AD (so a whole days worth of grinding) to get 3 refugees straight away. I contacted support straight away and just received my answer of "stiff ****".

So I'm curious, what's the most AD you've wasted in a single go and what on?

Me: 24k AD on 3 refugees.

On a side note, it's pretty terrible customer service that they can't refund you, hell I'd be happy enough with 24k AD worth of Zen credit.
Post edited by h3rboss on

Comments

• chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Back in the early open beta the iOS version of gateway is buggy. It cost me 72K AD when it auto completed an 18 hour task. I was never given a reinbursement.
  • elpaleniozord01elpaleniozord01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Buying 3 profession booster packs during alchemy launch event for around 350k ad, dont remeber what ive got out of them but overall value didnt even reached 80k, terrible bad luck.

Other than that tried to buy 20 identification scrolls(~2000ad), game decided ive wanted 20 empowered runestones rank 1(40000ad)
  • srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Buying 3 profession booster packs during alchemy launch event for around 350k ad, dont remeber what ive got out of them but overall value didnt even reached 80k, terrible bad luck.

Other than that tried to buy 20 identification scrolls(~2000ad), game decided ive wanted 20 empowered runestones rank 1(40000ad)
    You made a gipsy woman mad and she gave you bad voodoo!!! Terrible bad luck :/
  • vdinh037vdinh037 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bought an Iuon Stone of Allure by converting AD (686k AD ish) into 2000 zen for my alt. Started playing it and deleted it couple weeks after cause I stopped playing it for 2 days after creation.
  • veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    Renamed companion and clicked through before I realized what happened.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    1.4M in a GFP enchant that was nerfed and now they cost less or if they continue selling them at high prize they are not worth it now XD so it really hurts.

then other wasted well like 48k on a complete task
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • radiick507radiick507 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Unbinded a Purple Runestone, was not paying attention and it cost me 174K or thereabouts in AD. Always look twice now.
  • drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    400k on dyes
  • xhritxhrit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I spent 500k on keys, for a total value of less then 50k worth of enchants.
  • soulwhispsoulwhisp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This wasnt a waste, but its intresting story:

I traded a boosterpack for 1 dragon egg. And the buyer was so happy from looting an alchemyst out from it, that she wanted to give me 3 dragon eggs. The girl accidently gaved that 3 egg to a complete stranger, because i was in the AH and there was too many people. When we found out, that i didnt got the 3 eggs, and she gaved to another person, she went to the Ah and bought another and gaved me that one :D She was nice!
  • fathomfulfathomful Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lol i got the stupid stick all to myself here.

When i first started i didnt realize you could just put chants on top of old chants. I truly thought you HAD to unbind them.

Finally figured it out a week after i turned 60. No telling how much i wasted.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    450k on a Stalwart helm that doesn't match the rest of my set. Still not fixed either.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When dragging items from inventory to auction house for sale, a missed drag will result in "Are you sure you want to permanently discard ....?"

One time, when I was tired, I clicked discard on some T1 gloves. value was only around 4-5k AD, so no big loss. There were other gloves in my inventory with much greater value. Was fortunate to only lose the cheaper T1 gloves.
  • lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    yeah... i did not know you could overwrite enchants... for like 4 weeks... and i wasted a LOT.. i was able to resell a lot of the stones afterwards (i ignore that amout here).. but just unbinding alone: at least 1.5 mil on 3 chars :D
  • diericx1diericx1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My friend changed his companion's name....3 times in a row. All these times not noticing that it costs AD and ended up basically clearing out his AD xD
  • jameswhateverjameswhatever Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i just transmuted my freshly bought awfully ugly armor (4000 AD) into a random 36 AD item for 60k. I didn't even SEE the "change cost". Plus, i think thats a pretty ridiculous price for transmutation. :/ yea..they call me genius
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm not entirely sure but I think it was close to 84k AD , I didn't realize that you could remove enchantments until I read it on here so I was messing about with my armors enchantment and like yourself instead of pressing canel I pressed Remove............... and got a rank 5 Radiant enchantment for 84k or however much it was -_-*
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    About 3mil
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Strangely enough my biggest waste was earlier today.

I thought I could place a bid by double clicking an item in the AH. Instead that does a buyout. My 70k bid turned into a 700k buyout. Without my morning coffee the numbers looked very similar at a glance.

This doesn't help my current motivation for this game :(
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    640'000 ad converted to zen for the dang ioun stone.. As far as most I have blown by fat fingering, I accidentally clicked the finish now or whatever and it set me back 48'000 ad.. Ya.. No trade skill completion or reward would be near that.
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Last night I spent 680,000 AD on two items on the AH, Jester Hat and Jester Garb. Why? I wanted to see my female Drow TR dance seductively in it and I didn't feel like searching all my character for enough bars to buy it through the vendor.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Strangely enough my biggest waste was earlier today.

I thought I could place a bid by double clicking an item in the AH. Instead that does a buyout. My 70k bid turned into a 700k buyout. Without my morning coffee the numbers looked very similar at a glance.

This doesn't help my current motivation for this game :(

ouwie+1234
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • lathendrillathendril Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    One of many.....approx. 150k in respeccing the feats as i thought the respec token i had would work only for the powers...if i had started the respec with the powers i would have seen that the feats get reset too...twas very annoying...
  • tom40stom40s Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just spent 2,000,000 ad getting profession tools to make gemmed pants and shirt with enchantment slot I read you only need 3 but I do not want to waste another dragon egg.
  • chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2014
    I wasted just a couple of hundred thousand by accidentally deleting a wrong mail last year, no biggie really, however my guildie on the other hand.. He bought out a lot of coals from AH before they went BoP at the trade bar vendor, then started selling them one by one, only to eventually put his entire remaining stack (like 15 or so) up by mistake, of course for the price of just one. So he basically gave out 14 coals for free, which was about 7M value back then.
    Now that's gotta sting.
    I love to burst bubbles.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2 things:
    1) Valindras crown artifact for 7.3m AD or something, I didn't know what to do with my AD so just got that but didn't feel especially good about owning it. I don't exactly regret it, but the ad could've been better spent.
    2) I thought there were lesser bronewoods. Saw a greater for 1.2m and thought what a bargain since the coal wards would cost more. Later it was like 600 or 700k and found out there were no lessers.

Still I think support shouldn't refund you on your own mistake when the loss wasn't that great. Imagine if everyone contacted them on every silly little mistake. They need priorities. Having said that I also had 1.5m ad worth of stuff stolen from me and they didn't do anything to help. Still in the end I made progress in AD making and they could've stolen more.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, I bought a Perfect Lightning for 11.5m just because looks cool and I was tired of using perfect vorpal and greater plague, also bought a Perfect Briartwine for about 10.5m, it makes you looks like if you were carrying the T-Virus or something like that.

Anyway, nothing can't beat those ppl that buy tensers disks for 15m+ considering that is 110% speed like every other epic mount, if the speed were higher it wouldn't be a waste.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    800k on a tymora's lucky enchant rank 8 on the first week of the event which I then accidently discarded. And then there was 1.25 mil that I deleted from my mail because I wasn't paying attention.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyway, nothing can't beat those ppl that buy tensers disks for 15m+ considering that is 110% speed like every other epic mount, if the speed were higher it wouldn't be a waste.

That's the price for vanity.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its not as much as some people, but I one time deleted a mail from the AH before taking the attachment. I lost roughly 3K AD. I was trying to rush through about 15 mail messages that morning so I could get on with my dailies. Now I pay more attention so I don't accidentally do that with something significantly more valuable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.