test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change the pvp points atribution policy

baxxtardbaxxtard Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Its pathetic how most ppl play pvp, just walking around checking for players with low hp , unleash they're uber skills and bang get the kil, while the guy that busted is *** dmg the opponent gets an assist. So dear devs change the points sytem to dmg dealt instead of kill, kills should give 0 points and give like 5 points for every 1k dmg delivered or smtg like that.
Post edited by baxxtard on

Comments

• sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    baxxtard wrote: »
    Its pathetic how most ppl play pvp, just walking around checking for players with low hp , unleash they're uber skills and bang get the kil, while the guy that busted is *** dmg the opponent gets an assist. So dear devs change the points sytem to dmg dealt instead of kill, kills should give 0 points and give like 5 points for every 1k dmg delivered or smtg like that.
    That's unfair also... some classes do more damage.
    Reward fighting on point, capturing point, contesting point, dying defending point, dying attacking point, healing on point, buffing on point... Reward must come in continuous way while you're doing this things and not all at once (right now someone spends a minute fighting for point and chasing off enemy and then capping and another person runs by last second and gets equal reward).
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've killed many a player only to see another player get credited for it. I've assumed that the game indeed gives credit to the person that wore the other guy down unless I'm missing something here.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

As a cleric you don't even get PvP score for healing...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I play a TR and a CW and would not be happy for this to happen, damage is easy for these 2 classes and tbh so are kills but do I feel I am loosing out no i'm happy that someone in our team is contributing to the end result, infact I am more than happy to let someone take the kill i'm more interested in winning the match

Some classes can't do big damage so this would be unfair to those classes,
    And i can't understand why clerics are not given points for healing, every mmorpg I have played that has pvp gives healers points for the healing they do.

PvP is already stuffed for some classes this idea would make it even worse.
  • baxxtardbaxxtard Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Lets say you are killing a player and you lower his hp to 5% and i go there and hit him with flourish and i kill him i get 50 points and you get 25 that's just lamme.
    edited July 2013
    Reward fighting on point, capturing point, contesting point, dying defending point, dying attacking point, healing on point, buffing on point... Reward must come in continuous way while you're doing this things and not all at once (right now someone spends a minute fighting for point and chasing off enemy and then capping and another person runs by last second and gets equal reward).

Dmg its actually quite balanced
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    As a cleric you don't even get PvP score for healing...

Thta's smtg that could be done also.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    well sometimes i got credits for killing someone and also i got credit for not killing someone so i am good with it, DC indeed need moreways to gain at least assits points since literally they cannot kill anything in pvp alone but in any case a point system based in damage dealt and / hp healed can be nice so DC will focus on healing XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Jesmin's TR, The Head Hunter Built:
    Always wander in stealth mode, don't engage the battle and when an enemy has very low HP, throw a dagger. With this built, you will receive The Head Hunter title with ease.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree there need to be some changes, but IMO, the pts for killing needs to be reduced to 50 because all we have is domination, not deathmatch. Hell we could even make kills worth 25 and assists worth 10. Defending and capturing should be the most important.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This. It would actually be better if they rewarded exactly 0 for killing someone who wasn't on a capture point. The best way to get players to play for objectives, give them no reward when they don't.

And actually it's the person who kicks the body, not even the person with the killing blow that gets credit isn't it? Which is really kinda...although ill admit i like the idea of being able to raise a fallen teammate in the middle of a match.
  • satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This. It would actually be better if they rewarded exactly 0 for killing someone who wasn't on a capture point. The best way to get players to play for objectives, give them no reward when they don't.

And actually it's the person who kicks the body, not even the person with the killing blow that gets credit isn't it? Which is really kinda...although ill admit i like the idea of being able to raise a fallen teammate in the middle of a match.
    No, even if you didn't hit the guy at all, and kick it, you won't even get an assist. It's who ever did the last hit that gets it.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Clerics are beasts in PvP pre level 60. Made an alt cleric, I steam roll everyone I see with my build, focused more on survival and less on any form of burst damage (as if there is much there lol). Usually I can hold a point down 3v1 until assistance arrives. It's the funniest thing lol. Usually get 10-0 or die 1-2 times. Either way thus far, cleric is the funnest to PvP on in my opinion. Of course that will all change once I hit 60 on her. -.-
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Clerics are beasts in PvP pre level 60. Made an alt cleric, I steam roll everyone I see with my build, focused more on survival and less on any form of burst damage (as if there is much there lol). Usually I can hold a point down 3v1 until assistance arrives. It's the funniest thing lol. Usually get 10-0 or die 1-2 times. Either way thus far, cleric is the funnest to PvP on in my opinion. Of course that will all change once I hit 60 on her. -.-

Good lesson for all, stay in school.
  • kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Good lesson for all, stay in school.

Wot.
    I just had to put that out there since people underestimate the class or assume they can't kill anyone.
    There is fun PvP outside of just 60.
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon