test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Experience at level 60!!!!!!

bigbadbrianbigbadbrian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I reached level 60 and I still get huge chunks of experience for quests - what's the point of that? A few copper and exp!

Could exp not be changed to something more useful? A few diamonds for example.

(moan, complain) :)
Post edited by bigbadbrian on

Comments

• sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    probably not rough diamonds, but maybe gold. BUT if they are doing gold, then there has to be more of a gold market to process that excess of gold.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    well, if you get a new companion you will be happy for any xp you get =) - i def. was when i got my cat, then stone :D
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yes, XP is still useful for companions.
  • dirtyhookdirtyhook Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Level 20 profession jobs give a ton of profession xp, but it is worthless.
  • dexymandexyman Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dirtyhook wrote: »
    Level 20 profession jobs give a ton of profession xp, but it is worthless.

guess you're not using a new campanion then.
  • ttnugettnuge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dexyman wrote: »
    guess you're not using a new campanion then.

what good is profession xp to your companion?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also note that some of the quests toward the end of the regular campaign can be played by people of a level range. For instance, my 1st character to hit 60 didn't do so until the quest where you fight the Mindflayer leader in the instance after you go through that Iron Heart thingy.

Some players prefer to play Foundry quests or level up through other means, instead of doing the campaign for the 5th or 6th time, so some leeway in where you get your XP from is needed.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sh4dowrunn3rsh4dowrunn3r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Conversion to gold is nice idea... at 60 getting gold is a chore.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    well pretty much you use it on companions but when you have no more ocmpanions to lv up then is worthless, i think a good change can probably be that for professions at least you can include that experience to profession experience so it will not be that painfull to lv up professions, alchemy will still require the items to lv up so this can be an exception the same from leadership, like you cannot level up leadership with this, however all experience gain from eladership can be given toother professions so the amount of time that it takes to do a leadership task will also help lv up other professions (you can select which one)

at the end i think is good idea to do this, usually in other games once you are full lv you can use extra experience to lv up your guild and have access to more stuff (here you pay in AD), in that way guild leaders can impose a tax exp fee for leveling up the guild, also you can pick up quest like items to earn a certain amount of exp in exchange for something (items like an idol for AD or Ad directly, or maybe seals for good items) and with that people will try to do complete dungeons and not fast runs since they need the exp to do that in any case i am not talking about a little amount of it probably the minimun required exp for a quest like that will be the same amount of Exp that you need to go from lv 59 to 60
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, a conversion of XP -> copper would be nice, (so a mission that gives 4000XP would give 4000 copper).

However, as others have noted, a way to toggle this on or off, for level 60's, would be needed, too.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Your companion(s) can still use the experience and level up to its MAX.
    So I reached level 60 and I still get huge chunks of experience for quests - what's the point of that? A few copper and exp!

Could exp not be changed to something more useful? A few diamonds for example.

(moan, complain) :)
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Will you please stop raising these threads from the dead. Let them rest in peace. The OPs are no longer looking for the answer after 2/3/4 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Please do not post in a thread in which more than 30 days have passed, per Rules of Conduct. Thanks!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.