test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review for Review

belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
My wife and I will be playing for the next several hours and we are willing to trade 2 reviews if you could play my campaign or one of the quests.

The quest "An Unlikely Hero" NW-DCFZNQZLR is roughly 25 minutes and the quest "The Puppet Master" NW-DM8BI99QJ is a touch over 15 minutes. The campaign itself (The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J) is my first attempt at Story / Lore.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:
The Eternal Light NW-DO335J3SZ D.F.E.
Revenge Of The Companions NW-DMHJNCEY5

Campaign:
The Light In The Darkness NWS-DJIAO4D3J
An Unlikely Hero NW-DCFZNQZLR D.F.E.
The Puppet Master NW-DM8BI99QJ D.F.E.
Post edited by belberk on

Comments

• wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'll try out your quests. My sig links to my latest quest thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • groshiegroshie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'll give them a try as well tomorrow! :)
    If you guys want to, you can try either the Dreamfall-ones or Rescue in Rainwall. The shortcodes are in my signature. :)
    Hope you guys will have fun with all the foundries you'll be running! ;)
    Rescue in Rainwall, ID: NW-DRQK3HKVV
    Chef's Challenge, ID: NW-DGTKIBVF3
    The Dreamfall Campaign, ID: NWS-DEB7Z9IJC (3 Quests)
    Ogre: For the win!, ID: NW-DR5O3PD63
    Cults and Culture, ID: NW-DCLSFYSQ2
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey Dovian.

I'm about to head into "The Puppet Master." I'd appreciate it if you could check out "The Green Zone" (code in sig.)

Thanks.
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited July 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'll try out your quests. My sig links to my latest quest thread.

The wife and I just finished your quest and I took note of a few things. A few things you should consider looking into;

1. The sky really needs some attention. When you get to the upper levels you can see the ground plane and there is a gap between the ground and the sky.
    2. There is no respawn point (campfire) so when we get pushed off of the ramps we have to burn through a zillion pots to heal up. That is going to turn a lot of players off to this quest.
    3. The combat (even with the reduced difficulty) is a bit tough. We ran with two TR, so you can imagine the DPS output and we still barely made it through (although the wife did die once).
    4. A true combat difficulty slider should adjust the combat throughout your quest, not just remove one mob type.
    5. You had several stacked encounters (pot burner).

The quest did compliment your other Kolbold quest.

***EDIT*** Because of this honest review and a 3/5* rating, my wife and I have now been labeled "trolls".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • belberkbelberk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 81
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I will, NW-DL3HAU44C
    edited July 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Belberk, not everyone is like Wushin. Thankfully.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Belberk, not everyone is like Wushin. Thankfully.

I know the amount of work that goes into creating Foundry quests and I appreciate all efforts that the authors make. I responded to Wushin's post while I was angry. I do not discourage ANYONE from uploading their creations, as I have found myself playing more Foundry quests than actual game content.

This, however will never discourage me from leaving honest feedback and making any suggestion I can to better help our community to create better content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just played An Unlikely Hero and thought it was great. Some good use of sound and affects and the story was nice. I will follow this up for sure.

I did think the first outdoor map was a little too large and empty of detail though, a stark contrast to the next map which was very nice.
  • winterswitchwinterswitch Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OK, I had a lot of fun playing through. Here are my suggestions, Dovian:

--Dialogue with Mystic Zarafin: "familiar" is misspelled.
    --Mystic Zarafin spawned mid-way through the convo with Stonecrusher...I wasn't sure if this was intended.
    --Add a period after "rioters" in the dialogue with Rufus Longbeard.
    --Consider mixing up the mob placements in Cell Blocks A-D. Right now, they all follow pretty much the same layout.
    --In the dialogue with Belial: I know he's huge, but is there a way so his face shows (instead of his chest) while talking to him?
    --The music was silent after Belial's defeat. Killing him would feel like a greater accomplishment if there was some kind of fanfare or powerful "Dunn dunn!" when he goes down.
    --Not sure Demogorgon would say "blah, blah", especially in a lore-based quest.
    --In the later convo with Stonecrusher, "Dwarf" is misspelled as "Dwraf".
    --Think about adding a stone rolling/big gate opening sound when the N,S,E,W paths are carved.

Thanks for putting this together. A sure-fire 5* once it's polished up.
    The Green Zone (NW-DP66H66F6): Train at a top-secret Goblin military installation.
    Hive Mind (NW-DN9YKEVUS): Get inside a crashed alien ship to discover its purpose.
    Absolute Zero (NW-DOVUXHT8P): Activate a massive teleportation machine to pursue an evil mastermind.
    edited July 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    I just played An Unlikely Hero and thought it was great. Some good use of sound and affects and the story was nice. I will follow this up for sure.

I did think the first outdoor map was a little too large and empty of detail though, a stark contrast to the next map which was very nice.

Thanks for reviewing my quest. I was thinking about adding a little more to that map....foliage, roaming (non-combat animals), and such.

I had to log earlier, but I will get to your quest tonight, or at the latest tomorrow night.

Thanks Again,

***EDIT*** I ran your quest and reviewed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited July 2013
    OK, I had a lot of fun playing through. Here are my suggestions, Dovian:

--Dialogue with Mystic Zarafin: "familiar" is misspelled.
    --Mystic Zarafin spawned mid-way through the convo with Stonecrusher...I wasn't sure if this was intended.
    --Add a period after "rioters" in the dialogue with Rufus Longbeard.
    --Consider mixing up the mob placements in Cell Blocks A-D. Right now, they all follow pretty much the same layout.
    --In the dialogue with Belial: I know he's huge, but is there a way so his face shows (instead of his chest) while talking to him?
    --The music was silent after Belial's defeat. Killing him would feel like a greater accomplishment if there was some kind of fanfare or powerful "Dunn dunn!" when he goes down.
    --Not sure Demogorgon would say "blah, blah", especially in a lore-based quest.
    --In the later convo with Stonecrusher, "Dwarf" is misspelled as "Dwraf".
    --Think about adding a stone rolling/big gate opening sound when the N,S,E,W paths are carved.

Thanks for putting this together. A sure-fire 5* once it's polished up.

Thanks a bunch for reviewing my campaign and for the feedback and suggestions. I thought the appearance of Zarafin mid way through the convo would look weird, but I intended it to be him following the player through the portal. Maybe I'll add an FX to better deliver that idea.

I've taken note of the other points you made and the mistakes I made and will work on getting them hammered out.

I might log in a little later tonight and run a few more Foundry quests, but I will get to yours either later tonight or, at the latest, tomorrow night.

Thanks Again,

***EDIT*** I ran your quest and reviewed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited July 2013
    Hey Dovian.

I'm about to head into "The Puppet Master." I'd appreciate it if you could check out "The Green Zone" (code in sig.)

Thanks.

The Green Zone was awesome! This is a unique quest with a lot of charm and re-play-ability. It was very well thought out and the design was outstanding. I found myself squirming in my chair every time I had to make a jump. I loved the acronyms (very funny). I also got a huge kick out of the results of using GAZER (no spoilers). Thanks a bunch for this quest 5/5* Will add to my rotation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited July 2013
    antonkyle wrote: »
    I will, NW-DL3HAU44C

The quest was a bit long running solo, but I enjoyed it. The combat got a little dicey at times, but overall the combat was balanced. You did a great job with FX and the design of your rooms was superb. The only issue I noticed was the Giant in the final encounter was a little below the floor plane and when I jumped to him I got stuck in the ground below his feet. Nice Job! 4/5*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign:
    edited July 2013
    Wow, a lot of posts moderated. Don't know what happened but atleast from what I've seen I don't think you guys are trolls so don't worry. ;)
    I'm just about to head into the Puppet Master now, I sent you an in-game mail to your @handle about my thoughts of the first episode as well!
    (I know some of it is really picky, but I'm just pointing them out so you can correct them if you want to!)
    edited July 2013
    ... And now I'm back!
    I can honestly say that pure hack & slash quests are not for me, I'm sure people who play with a party will enjoy it though.
    I liked how you designed a few things as well, such as the bridges. :)

Keep on creating!
    edited July 2013
    groshie wrote: »
    ... And now I'm back!
    I can honestly say that pure hack & slash quests are not for me, I'm sure people who play with a party will enjoy it though.
    I liked how you designed a few things as well, such as the bridges. :)

Keep on creating!

Thank you for running my campaign. I have sent you a PM with my review of your campaign to avoid any spoilers.

Thanks again,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quests:

Campaign: