test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Purple Ioun Stone

barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Today I saw a screenshot of a guy with "Icosahedron Ioun Stone" which was a rank 30 purple ioun stone. Anyone got info on how to get one of those?
Post edited by barq3t on

Comments

• kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Got a link to the SS?

AFAIK there are no purple ioun's yet
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    ???

Never seen that. I'd love to know how to get one too.
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Where did you get the the screen shot from? Could be something new in the preview build.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Was that from the Preview Server or the Live server?
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Where did you get the the screen shot from? Could be something new in the preview build.

I haven't seen anything on the preview server's latest build that would suggest a new purple companion was added.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    screenshot was made by a guy who happen to have this companion on mindflyer server, at least that was what he was saying
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    my GUESS.... is that is what an Ioun Stone turns into when you use a companion upgrade tome.... I am not 100% and it is only a guess... but... to me it makes sense.

I don't think the name of the companion type changes when rarity changes. IE an ioun stone of allure would still be an ioun stone of allure when it changes to a purple. This is based on the green versions of the basic companions when they came with adventurer's help packs for a brief time.

Also, companion upgrade tomes aren't available yet.
  • selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't think anyone also noticed the text around the top seems off (less white as if cut out) let alone someone pointed out the whole name change thing with companions.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can rename the Ioun Stone just like any other companion.
    edited July 2013
    You can rename the Ioun Stone just like any other companion.

But you can't change the name of it's type. An Ioun Stone of Allure will always be listed as an Ioun Stone of Allure on the companion page. So either it is in game or the screenshot is a fake.
  • xgamemonsterxxgamemonsterx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, see that now... I could have sworn it was the other way around. That's what I get for posting without fact-checking.
  • nagrukknagrukk Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    private server fake screenshot?
    edited July 2013
  • murraymaniamurraymania Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    barq3t wrote: »
    Today I saw a screenshot of a guy with "Icosahedron Ioun Stone" which was a rank 30 purple ioun stone. Anyone got info on how to get one of those?
    You get it from a foundry achievement. There's threads elsewhere on the forum about it.
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's mine. The actual screenshot is in my sig. Cheers.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • ezaphielezaphiel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited August 2013
    Just another wild guess - can it be an achievement reward for those foundry-authors?
    edited August 2013
    ezaphiel wrote: »
    Just another wild guess - can it be an achievement reward for those foundry-authors?

That was already determined to be the case.
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Power, AP & Crit... if that ioun stone is not bound would be worth 10 millions at least (closer to 20 in my books) in open market, damm!
  • chrkd1983chrkd1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's also showing in the CTRL-J feature, it has a 10% Bonus exp when active :/ meh..
  • choranthchoranth Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    chrkd1983 wrote: »
    It's also showing in the CTRL-J feature, it has a 10% Bonus exp when active :/ meh..

There was no CTRL-J when the discussion took place.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    IT IS REAL.

It is the EPIC reward for Foundry Authors who achieve (unGodly) ...um, achievements (Moonstar Agent achievement). Very, VERY few have ever received this item, it's really hard to get. Here are the details of it:
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Icosahedron_Ioun_Stone