test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix Wizards Now or Else!

nightgameznightgamez Member Posts: 85
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
I see everyone else demanding things so here is my demands.

Reduce the cooldown of chill strike to 6 seconds on control wizards or else. I am sick and tired of killing everyone on my rouge. I want to kill everyone on my wizards running around chasing people is just to much work for me please fix this now, thank you.
This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
Post edited by nightgamez on

Comments

• Options
    honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Or else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CW's already slay clerics as if they were nothing.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    ******* covers all CWs demands.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I play a CW and I've had my *** handed to me by a couple clerics....
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »

a non-well played CW isn't hard for clerics, a well played one is pretty much impossible (we never make it out of being held or frozen, ice spike is deadly and CW's target us from a long distance away giving us nothing we can do)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sooo if your chill strike was on a 6 second cooldown, and with recovery gear you could get it down to 3.5 seconds and you went Oppressor and took Shattered strike....
    This game is designed to make as much money as possible on a day to day basis. It is not designed to be a great long term game.
  • Options
    flynnieflynnie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nightgamez wrote: »
    I see everyone else demanding things so here is my demands.

Reduce the cooldown of chill strike to 6 seconds on control wizards or else. I am sick and tired of killing everyone on my rouge. I want to kill everyone on my wizards running around chasing people is just to much work for me please fix this now, thank you.

I admit CW are missing anti stuns but if you choose the right feats you can knock down anyone in a matter of seconds.

Maybe you should actually read your skills and feats before QQing over cool downs.
    so many stuns / immobilize and de buffs plus you QQ over cool down when your 2nd primary stat is recovery itself. Maybe you should go play farmville that seems to be more your speed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I love farmville but not as much as my Cw loves recovery and even with my int/wisdom Cw with 4800 recovery the cooldowns are not enough when you look at what you are fighting in PvP.
  • Options
    dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2013
    When I think of what a CW is great for in PvP I think of them CC'ing a target that a rogue or GWF is approaching so the GWF slow animation encounters aren't dodged and a rogue can drop em without having to slot their own CC powers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    dravkwn wrote: »
    When I think of what a CW is great for in PvP I think of them CC'ing a target that a rogue or GWF is approaching so the GWF slow animation encounters aren't dodged and a rogue can drop em without having to slot their own CC powers.

I play both a rouge and a Gwf and neither of them need a Cw's help whatsoever to drop another player. The Cw needs work and the best I can see is shorter cooldowns on certain encounters. My Rouge deals 3000+ dmg per swing from my at will I think it would be nice if a Cw could dish out 3-4k dmg at range every 6 seconds from chill strike.
  • Options
    trilogy8trilogy8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about instead of complaining about the classes, go get better at the game. If you are good enough you can beat any class. And if you try to say you are already amazing at the game, then please tell me why you are complaining about classes. The best pvpers play the game without complaint because they dominate. If you struggle against a class then you are doing something wrong, there's a way to win every time, just figure it out. Hate seeing people QQ about classes on the forums, quit or learn to beat them.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Sooo if your chill strike was on a 6 second cooldown, and with recovery gear you could get it down to 3.5 seconds and you went Oppressor and took Shattered strike....

Don't forget to put on the Champion Mage 4pc set for 30% CD reduction on spell mastery + 5%dmg + chill strike aoe for being spell mastery.... Lets make it happen... It won't be OP
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I play both a rouge and a Gwf and neither of them need a Cw's help whatsoever to drop another player. The Cw needs work and the best I can see is shorter cooldowns on certain encounters. My Rouge deals 3000+ dmg per swing from my at will I think it would be nice if a Cw could dish out 3-4k dmg at range every 6 seconds from chill strike.
    Not familiar with a rouge class unless they added some makeup attack class that deals acid damage to unsuspecting people's faces. Seriously, rogue its right in the class description if you play it you should be able to spell it.

On a serious note, what point could you make in quoting me and saying you don't need a CW. I said nothing about needing a CW I said what I think they are great for not needed for. CW range makes them far more easily able to land a CC in comparison to a melee that is right in front of their opponent and putting them on guard.
  • Options
    kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Not familiar with a rouge class unless they added some makeup attack class that deals acid damage to unsuspecting people's faces. Seriously, rogue its right in the class description if you play it you should be able to spell it.

On a serious note, what point could you make in quoting me and saying you don't need a CW. I said nothing about needing a CW I said what I think they are great for not needed for. CW range makes them far more easily able to land a CC in comparison to a melee that is right in front of their opponent and putting them on guard.

CWs are about medicore not terrible but nothing amazing either. They have the least defences which is only partially compensated by the third teleport. All CC but EF lasts very briefly, almost all Dailies are mediocre beside Ice Knife which is used 99% of the time.
    What can CW bring? They have bad durability making them poor defenders. They do not have amazing CC. Their damage outside of a Enfeeble-> EF -> IK combo is also lackluster seeing how I get regulary crit by up to 8k from even GFs on their encounters while most CW powers do about half that damage.
    At Wills only MM is halfway decent but very plain, all the other At Wills are simply bad or terrible in PvP. RoF freezes far to slowly and the final freeze breaks in less than 0.5 seconds and the slow is completely removed for whatever <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> reason. Chilling Cloud cannot freeze at all and all it adds is some minor AoE damage on the third strike. Storm Pillar sucks crappy damage builds no arcane mastery or chill and needs 1.5 seconds to be fully charged.

Almost all CWs go cookie cutter with little to no variation. EF, RoF, Ice Knife, Enfeeble and MM every CW has with some minor variations using either Shield, Chill Strike, CoI, Rays and the occasional Repel as "secondary" Encounter powers.

Quite a few feats and abilities are bugged and it seems like there won't be a patch coming for them to be adressed anytime soon.
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love farmville but not as much as my Cw loves recovery and even with my int/wisdom Cw with 4800 recovery the cooldowns are not enough when you look at what you are fighting in PvP.

4800 Recovery? No wonder you struggle to kill anyone. Doing. It. Wronnnnnnnnnnnnng.

Edit: Think about how much Defense, etc GFs/GWFs and them carry on average, and then think about how much ArPen, Crit and Power you gave up to get 4800 Recovery. That's why Recovery stacking doesn't work in PvP like it may do for ledge-punting in PvE.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    malkavier wrote: »
    4800 Recovery? No wonder you struggle to kill anyone. Doing. It. Wronnnnnnnnnnnnng.

doing it all wrong then complain in forums, my god.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

What an idiotic comment, just tell him that Recovery loses a lot after 3k and he should stack Crit/Arp/Power/Def instead.
    xermell wrote: »
    doing it all wrong then complain in forums, my god.

Not everybody knows about the scalings of the various attributes...
  • Options
    malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is already numerous threads on the entire ArPen/Crit/Power vs Recovery. It's all tl;dr at this point in the game until they change something again. Honestly, anything over 1k Crit (if you take EotS) and 3k Recovery is an absolute waste of secondary stat allocation.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    There is already numerous threads on the entire ArPen/Crit/Power vs Recovery. It's all tl;dr at this point in the game until they change something again. Honestly, anything over 1k Crit (if you take EotS) and 3k Recovery is an absolute waste of secondary stat allocation.

Not everybody takes EotS and afak Softcap of Crit is significantly higher than 1k. Furthermore EotS has an internal CD maing it's uptime rather limied and it can procc when you cannot deal continious damage so it is by no means
    As to wether or not it has been discussed often does not matter if you would have just told him not to stack Recovery much over 3k due to diminishing returns you would have had a post of similar lenght but with some merit at least. Your post was basically a waste of time and space.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    Don't forget to put on the Champion Mage 4pc set for 30% CD reduction on spell mastery + 5%dmg + chill strike aoe for being spell mastery.... Lets make it happen... It won't be OP

I was thinking the same thing. It would have about a 3 sec cooldown with this setup.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

We are not pushing mobs of cliffs here we are talking about pvp. The Cws CC are a joke in pvp most classes have a way around it. What the CW needs is a ranged bolt aka chill strike with a decent cooldown to make the class fun and viable in Pvp.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Edit: Think about how much Defense, etc GFs/GWFs and them carry on average, and then think about how much ArPen, Crit and Power you gave up to get 4800 Recovery. That's why Recovery stacking doesn't work in PvP like it may do for ledge-punting in PvE.

because its fun to play a mage with 4 spells that all have 10+ second cooldowns in pvp? lol. Only in this game and this is why the class sucks.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    We are not pushing mobs of cliffs here we are talking about pvp. The Cws CC are a joke in pvp most classes have a way around it. What the CW needs is a ranged bolt aka chill strike with a decent cooldown to make the class fun and viable in Pvp.
    Since this is what I said previously
    I'm pretty sure i was speaking about PvP and not pushing monsters off cliffs.

The CW CC joke must be on you because the number of good CWs I've fought with and against could keep me or an opponent CC'd til we die, but then again those teams knew how to work together, the amount of team play in this games PvP amounts to enough to fill a thimble with room to spare. You don't need long CCs to be good just long enough for your team to kill them I see that happen ALL the time.

I team with a guild mate CW and they tend to have a lot of the top kills in the PvP matches and they aren't decked out in crazy end game gear with max enchantments so I'm pretty sure its cause they are good at playing to their strengths.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Since this is what I said previously I'm pretty sure i was speaking about PvP and not pushing monsters off cliffs.

The CW CC joke must be on you because the number of good CWs I've fought with and against could keep me or an opponent CC'd til we die, but then again those teams knew how to work together, the amount of team play in this games PvP amounts to enough to fill a thimble with room to spare. You don't need long CCs to be good just long enough for your team to kill them I see that happen ALL the time.

I team with a guild mate CW and they tend to have a lot of the top kills in the PvP matches and they aren't decked out in crazy end game gear with max enchantments so I'm pretty sure its cause they are good at playing to their strengths.

Listen man I dunno what game you are playing but there are zero that is Zero Control Wizards i cannot kill in less than 2 seconds with my rouge in pvp. and they are prolly better than you if I had to guess. My rouge runs greater vorpal with 51.1% crit chance combine that with impact shotX3 lashing blade and impossible to catch you will not Cc me so the joke is on all the Cw trying to pvp against people like me that run similar setups. i am just making suggestions as to better the Cw and make it a class worth playing because as of right now imo it is not fun to play in pvp.
  • Options
    dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Listen man I dunno what game you are playing but there are zero that is Zero Control Wizards i cannot kill in less than 2 seconds with my rouge in pvp. and they are prolly better than you if I had to guess. My rouge runs greater vorpal with 51.1% crit chance combine that with impact shotX3 lashing blade and impossible to catch you will not Cc me so the joke is on all the Cw trying to pvp against people like me that run similar setups. i am just making suggestions as to better the Cw and make it a class worth playing because as of right now imo it is not fun to play in pvp.

This.

CWs are just too juicy targets for rogues to bypass even when those cooldowns would have been better spent on slaying that enemy cleric. So annoying.

Dear rogues, kill the cleric and let us CWs kill eachother.
  • Options
    crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    CW's already slay clerics as if they were nothing.

Poor clerics got no reason.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Hmm your stating how you have uber enchants ok that's really a class specific advantage...Impossible to Catch pretty sure that is a daily. Ya know, I see CW taking people out with their ice knife daily. CW has better range than a rogue so unless your using stealth a mechanic specifically in favor of countering a CWs range I doubt a well played CW is going to let you get that close. So yea as a rogue you probably do better against them than any other class a CW can see coming.

Since I see CWs that do incredibly well and others doing horrendously bad I just can't see it as needing a fix, soon as the entire player base plays at the same skill level with the same gear play style and enchantments get back to me.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »

LOL well I just finished a pvp match with 3 CW's owning everyone...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I was thinking the same thing. It would have about a 3 sec cooldown with this setup.

Hardly, more like 8-9 seconds at best and Chill Strike Stun lasts about 0.5 seconds.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kroniker wrote: »
    Hardly, more like 8-9 seconds at best and Chill Strike Stun lasts about 0.5 seconds.

I was saying if they made chill strike have a 6-7 second cooldown like it should be you could get it down in the 3-4 second range with good gear.