test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HOW TO: Make Super Treasure Act Like The Reward Chest

anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
This is for those who struggled like I did, thinking this was achieved with an FX. It had just occurred to me how this works, after trying multiple FX and asking on the forums I received no success. The secret is checking the properties box to make it contactable. Seems the simple solution is the easiest to overlook.
A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
Post edited by anrix2 on

Comments

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow, thanks! I was wondering about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zaeldvorzaeldvor Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    wait what?
  • Options
    ok so i tried that but they still dont yield any loot
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    While we are all painfully aware that the rewards in Foundry quests are worse than merely lackluster, user generated content is not meant to be able to give players extra end-chest rewards, as that would be highly exploitable.

Foundry Authors have no control over the rewards players receive from the end chest.

This 2-year-old "How-to" thread describes giving the golden chest asset the same FX as the quest End-Reward chest. It doesn't magically make the contents into something potentially exploitable, it just describes how to make it look special.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    essenti wrote: »
    While we are all painfully aware that the rewards in Foundry quests are worse than merely lackluster, user generated content is not meant to be able to give players extra end-chest rewards, as that would be highly exploitable.

Foundry Authors have no control over the rewards players receive from the end chest.

This 2-year-old "How-to" thread describes giving the golden chest asset the same FX as the quest End-Reward chest. It doesn't magically make the contents into something potentially exploitable, it just describes how to make it look special.

thats all fine and well, but how do i get the chest to give system generated loot? nothing i put in obviously.
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    zaeldvor wrote: »

thats all fine and well, but how do i get the chest to give system generated loot? nothing i put in obviously.

Oh! The Treasure Chest should automatically appear on the last map in your quest (the last map in the Story tab). It sometimes places it in hidden locations or under other objects, which may be why you are not seeing it. Additionally, if you do not have any maps added to your story tab, then you don't have an actual last map defined, so it will never show up until you add your map to the story tab.

Once you have an actual last map in your story tab and you still don't see the chest, try the following:

While in the 2D editor, open the last map in your quest in the map tab. Next click on the Component Tree button, and type "Treasure Chest" into the search filter. Then click on the treasure chest result. This will show you were it automatically placed the treasure chest so that you can move it manually to where you actually want it. If your last map is a Neverwinter Zone, this will not work, as it will pick the nearest chest to the Player when they finish the last objective in that premade zone.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2