test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gauntlygrym Dungeon Queue Problem

mizbiz1mizbiz1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ok, so today I was doing Gauntlgrym. I did the PVP and over both. Got both passes. When it came time for dungeon queue worked, but someone on the team decided to Ben idiot and declined. We kicked him, had a whole party, and for 20 mins we were in queue and it didn't even work. I wasted an hour only for the dungeon not to queue properly and me not being able to do a dungeon. According to zone chat, it happened to others too. Is Cryptic in the process of fixing this? Cuz I don't wanna do a Pve and a laggy PVP with people spawn camping for nothing. Is anybody else experiencing this? Btw I'm on Dragon.
Post edited by mizbiz1 on

Comments

• farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    All ques are bad even in full party, Worst I've got has been a 10 minute wait.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    farfig1337 wrote: »
    All ques are bad even in full party, Worst I've got has been a 10 minute wait.

Worst I've had is "The Event Has Ended" more than once, while in the queue with a full party, why oh why is there no "Enter" button!

GoditsGrim!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Worst I've had is "The Event Has Ended" more than once, while in the queue with a full party, why oh why is there no "Enter" button!

GoditsGrim!

Try another team layout, with a GF. Oddly, if you have a DC and a GF the queue pops faster. That's just my experience though, i may be completely wrong and it could be my luck.
  • powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Both times it happened to me the parties had both GF & DC
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Both times it happened to me the parties had both GF & DC

That may be my playing time then. I mostly play during european prime time. The queues must be less crowded. It looks like the game can't make that many instances at the same time. Of course if you have an afk team not accepting, people declining, it makes it even longer.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I found restarting the queue will sometimes solve any random hiccups in situations like that.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Of course if you have an afk team not accepting, people declining, it makes it even longer.

When the queue lasts so long, can you blame them? I nearly fell asleep at the keyboard, myself. Some of the more enterprising people are probably alt-tabbed trying to find something more entertaining to do than stare at a screen and doing nothing for 10-30 mins straight. Maybe flash the taskbar icon or something, I dunno.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    When the queue lasts so long, can you blame them? I nearly fell asleep at the keyboard, myself. Some of the more enterprising people are probably alt-tabbed trying to find something more entertaining to do than stare at a screen and doing nothing for 10-30 mins straight. Maybe flash the taskbar icon or something, I dunno.
    I play NW windowed to 1080p most of the time so I can browse while queued.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited July 2013
    I have found it worst when you finish Fardelver quickly & re-queue the party with all 5 agreeing & back in the GG atrium.
    So no issue with AFK or not accepting, the new queue just never pops!

But next time I will suggest/leave the queue and reapply to see if this does anything ( after 2-3 mins)
  • jediknight16jediknight16 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It's the third time in three days that I wasn't able to walk in crypt of fardelver. Why ? Because people put them in queue, and when the invitation pop they don't accept. Then the dungeon launches and we're two dps in the dungeon, we leave, enter queue again, and same story, wait 10min, click quick on the invite, to see the other members not accepting to enter. Why do they queue if they don't accept ? There should be a penalty system which forbid those who leave to enscribe in queue for 6hours or 24hours, for pvp and pve. That's the only thing which could prevent players for acting this way.
  • gorgaxxgorgaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    It seems to me like there is some kind of bug happening, not just people declining the queue. I was queing for Fardelver, and this happened like 10 times in a row where the box showed 2 people declining every time. And then it would put us in the dungeon without a full party and with the chest not unlocked. 2 times I have been with a party of 4 people total, who decided to do it anyway, and we kill the final boss, and the chest is not lootable, and it does not spawn a portal to exit the dungeon. This literally happened close to 10 times in a row (where it showed 2 people declining and would put me into the dungeon with less than 5 people total, and several of those there were 4 of us, even though it showed 2 people declining). So is it really 2 people declining the invite every time? Or is it more likely that there is some kind of bug happening here?
    edited August 2013
    Hopefully today's patch (15 Aug) will fix this & make Grym a little less grim :)