test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF Forever LFG

farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Have noticed a couple things lately. When checking guild roster I see 7-10 GWF online and only one of them in Dungeon while the others sit in PE Looking for group. And the one guy in dungoen is the 13K GWF who has bought all his gear, Greater Plague fire enchant Ancient Sword, Avatar of War set everything.

Have know about this issue for weeks, thought it was just my guild until I did this. Grabbed a Guild Cleric for GG coin Farm. And posted this in Chat LF3M, GG, Coin Farm any class. Got tells from 5 GWFs immediately.. Grabbed 3 of them and went. Was good runs all the GWF had 11k+ Gearscores. That was last weekend. Today it happend again another group of 1 DC, 4 GWF for GG.

GWF have no love in this game, seems like players are still avoiding them in groups in Favore of CW, CW, TR, DC, plus GF and if you cant get the GF and your dungoen is easy then you get a GWF instead. Even for dungeons like GG it makes no sense. Players are being shaped to the standards of end game dungeons like CN, DV, SP, where you need the double CW setup.

I've pretty much stopped running any event unless with a guildie. Preferably full guildie run. We are at the hieght of GWF popularity right now because we can do stuff in PvP. We still getting no PvE love. And a Geared GWF is one that has bought his Gear with AD and did not farm it. Farming comes only after shelling out all the AD.

For me when I'm done gearing up one character then I move to the next one. And bring out the uber gear guy for special occasions. Just kinda Sad with what the game is becoming and I'm hoping some changes can be made to make the GWF wanted, if not Needed in PvE dungeons. But without buffing them in PvP. PvP they are good so leave there single target encounters and Cresendo alone.
Post edited by farfig1337 on

Comments

• jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited July 2013
    GWF can acheive the highest Gear Score of any class due to the ridiculous stats on their gear. They are hardly LFG or underpowered
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I understand it must be painful. All i can say is start ur own groups then friend the people you run with. Reinvite then get invited by them.

I play a geared CW and when i accept a group made by a GWF i stay.
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    personally, i love me a good GWF in my group. (I main a GF)
    CN, T2s all work smoothest with one of each class IMO.
  • myth1064myth1064 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I don't feel your pain yet, but I'm sure I will when I get my GWF to 60. I have 3 60's (CW, TR, and GF) and have no issues getting group with any of them. I love my GWF so far... (he's only 30 right now) and hope they make him more endgame-loveable before I hit 60. :)
  • holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I do think there are some issues with the GWF. The biggest is the number of people that just do not know how to play the class.

I have seen way to many GWF that think their only and solo job is to DPS the boss down. This is even when the DC / CW is crying for help controlling adds. What's worse, is when the GWF gets called on that, the GWF replies ''I'm not specced that way or haveany points in those powers''.

Course I could say the same thing about every class I've PuGed with that I wanted to throttle through the video monitor. Just seems that there's more bad GWF as a class then the other classes.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    holsac wrote: »
    While I do think there are some issues with the GWF. The biggest is the number of people that just do not know how to play the class.

I have seen way to many GWF that think their only and solo job is to DPS the boss down. This is even when the DC / CW is crying for help controlling adds. What's worse, is when the GWF gets called on that, the GWF replies ''I'm not specced that way or haveany points in those powers''.

Course I could say the same thing about every class I've PuGed with that I wanted to throttle through the video monitor. Just seems that there's more bad GWF as a class then the other classes.

I know in PvP if you break up a GWF's attacks its defenses can be cut down pretty fast. If a GWF is on a boss and turns his back to help I don't know how easy it is for them to switch over or get back after trying to help. If you have a cleric and a CW I'd highly suggest the CW cover the cleric cause they normally play the best together in such situations.
  • holsacholsac Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Which is more important, keeping you're best DPS/defense rotation of powers or keeping your party alive. Your point is the GWF selfish point of keeping that best rotation going. My point, and the point I think make great GWF is where they're more concerned about protecting their party members.
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    People might like 2 TR over TR and GWF but thats just silly. GWF has knockdowns slows and lots of AOE dmg. Also many times GWF will outdamage the TR's. You are also able to withstand 1 hit from the boss lol.
    happy days!
  • scottbriscottbri Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The dilemma, as I see it, is that groups can perform very well without the GWF.
    For instance, 1TR, 2CW, 1DC and 1GF is optimal for most (if not all) instances.
    I would not lose a CW for a GWF, unless I knew (without a doubt) that the 1 CW was an excellent player/geared. Therefore, the GWF would just be an add on not a necessity.

This is why I advocate more control abilities for the GWF -- then you could forgo the 2nd CW knowing your GWF can help control.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    On both my accounts I always take GWFs when I am creating a DD group , basicly all I want from them is to know what they are doing - GS is irrelevant since everyone should have a chanse participating in the in game events like DD . If you can play your class correctly and stand out of the fire , you're good to go for my groups at least .

On a side note - leveing a GWF right now on this acc , having a blast in PvP .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • sneakyervinsneakyervin Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    Not sure what people have against GWFs in group, but I see it alot "lf3m for x, no GWFs plz". I have a 60 of each class except GF, currently using my GWF for T1+T2 and my CW for GG. GWF is one of the most fun classes, it's alsway top dps and it has amazing AoE and survivability. I run with the regular PvP set currently and it works great.

You just need to know when you can stand in a red circle and not to build quick determination for unstoppable. Me and my friend have had the quickest runs when I play my GWF. The GWF brings great debuffs along with great dps and AoE. Currently my GWF debuffs up towards 60% of the enemies defense through crits and lesser plague fire, add WMS on that aswell as around 20% armor pen and the enemy is most likely down at close to or at zero mitigation for me.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    scottbri wrote: »
    The dilemma, as I see it, is that groups can perform very well without the GWF.
    For instance, 1TR, 2CW, 1DC and 1GF is optimal for most (if not all) instances.
    I would not lose a CW for a GWF, unless I knew (without a doubt) that the 1 CW was an excellent player/geared. Therefore, the GWF would just be an add on not a necessity.

This is why I advocate more control abilities for the GWF -- then you could forgo the 2nd CW knowing your GWF can help control.

The thing is in a boss encounter they rarely help with the trash. So if you have one CW one DC one TR one GWF and a GF all of a sudden the melee is on the boss leaving CW to protect the healer. Id rather have a second CW to help me out.

I find that on most runs they just make my job harder and more expensive. Do i think they do more single target dps than TR no. Will i leave a group that has one no. When i started out in T1 yes.

Maybe if they could help with the trash when the AShield goes down great but i never see it.

I do run with some great GWF who are really really good but still arent the strongest in the trash manipulation department.
  • flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    I currently run with a GWF and end up mostly doing PUG groups. Somehow I usually end up with 2 GWFs in the group and no rogue but end up doing fine. (I've done runs with no CW too that end up being fine, but they were T1, so they probably don't count. ) I think there is just one major fix that could let us GWF do our mob killing jobs better:

We need to be able to generate more aggro.

Now I'm not talking about pulling more or even equal aggro than a GF, but if we could just have the teensiest increase in our aggro generation we could be able to peel mobs off of the squishier DC and CW, which would help considerably considering Cryptic told us we're supposedly an off-tank.
  • tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Want to see fun?

GF/2 GWF/DC/CW

CW pops singularity and the GWFS turn into lawn mowers. Mobs literally melt.
    edited July 2013
    I currently run with a GWF and end up mostly doing PUG groups. Somehow I usually end up with 2 GWFs in the group and no rogue but end up doing fine. (I've done runs with no CW too that end up being fine, but they were T1, so they probably don't count. ) I think there is just one major fix that could let us GWF do our mob killing jobs better:

We need to be able to generate more aggro.

Now I'm not talking about pulling more or even equal aggro than a GF, but if we could just have the teensiest increase in our aggro generation we could be able to peel mobs off of the squishier DC and CW, which would help considerably considering Cryptic told us we're supposedly an off-tank.

Running instigator build I want negative aggro!
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Running instigator build I want negative aggro!

I run the instigator build too. Hah, looks like even within same builds, play style can be very different. I'm sure clerics would love running with a GWF that actually pushed aggro onto another player. x3 No, I get what you mean. Maybe there should be another feat added to generate more aggro. That way people can take it if they want it, but don't have to. Although I don't know what feat they would get rid of to add that, but I think something like it might be handy.
    edited July 2013
    I run the instigator build too. Hah, looks like even within same builds, play style can be very different. I'm sure clerics would love running with a GWF that actually pushed aggro onto another player. x3 No, I get what you mean. Maybe there should be another feat added to generate more aggro. That way people can take it if they want it, but don't have to. Although I don't know what feat they would get rid of to add that, but I think something like it might be handy.

Meh...a GF that holds aggro on a bunched up group of mobs lets me tear into the lot of them with 50% more power. Remember our capstone - You get hit those stacks go away.

If you want to go threat then you are in the wrong build.
  • karaadkaraad Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    2ljpd6o.png
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Meh...a GF that holds aggro on a bunched up group of mobs lets me tear into the lot of them with 50% more power. Remember our capstone - You get hit those stacks go away.

If you want to go threat then you are in the wrong build.

I'm not saying a lot of aggro, but having a little more aggro than a CW would help things. Even though a GF holds great aggro, things still get by to the cleric and control wizard, and I just think it would be good to be able to get their attention off of them. I don't think that GF should be the only class that generates threat, especially when GWF is supposed to be an "off tank" supposedly.
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited July 2013
    I'm not saying a lot of aggro, but having a little more aggro than a CW would help things. Even though a GF holds great aggro, things still get by to the cleric and control wizard, and I just think it would be good to be able to get their attention off of them. I don't think that GF should be the only class that generates threat, especially when GWF is supposed to be an "off tank" supposedly.

Sentinel build has no issue holding aggro.
  • adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited July 2013
    Eventually the community will learn, but the OP is right. GWF get no love from the community now even though most of deficiencies have been fixed. The glaring "throw mobs off ledge" has not been fixed and wont be fixed but if you choose a path for a GWF and get the right stats then you should be good.

While most dungeons a GWF is an asset, there are two dungeons that he is a detriment. SP he has no value and a TR or CW would be much more useful, both during the dungeon and at the last boss. In CN there is no value for a GWF at all. If you are a GWF just go buy the ancient stuff cause you are not gonna get into a CN group unless you have a really good guild.
    edited July 2013
    Eventually the community will learn, but the OP is right. GWF get no love from the community now even though most of deficiencies have been fixed. The glaring "throw mobs off ledge" has not been fixed and wont be fixed but if you choose a path for a GWF and get the right stats then you should be good.

While most dungeons a GWF is an asset, there are two dungeons that he is a detriment. SP he has no value and a TR or CW would be much more useful, both during the dungeon and at the last boss. In CN there is no value for a GWF at all. If you are a GWF just go buy the ancient stuff cause you are not gonna get into a CN group unless you have a really good guild.

Good thing I am in a good guild...AMIRITE?!?!
  • moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I made a DC just to fund my GWF :(
  • itzkiiingitzkiiing Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I agree with what your saying about Spell and CN, but there are exceptions... my main group I run spell with consists of DC (me) 2x GWF 1 good CW and a TR.. We run it just fine and it is actually my preferred setup.. but I defiantly understand when you say another CW or TR would do just the same if not better.. A lot of it is experience and knowing your role.. Which so many people don't..

Also I've run CN with a GWF and it went pretty smooth.. but once again he could have been substituted for another class.. When I first started playing this game I really didn't have much use for a GWF, but now i'll group with an experienced one any day. :)
  • farfig1337farfig1337 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sentinel build has no issue holding aggro.

I play Sentinal, and a GWF can never pull a mobd off a rogue even one with 2k less GS than you. A GWf wil lall the AOE aggro moves cannot pull aggro off a Wizard that goes daily push. If a CW does that trick and fails to kill all the mobs they push they have to fend for thmselves with no help from teh GWF cause there is simply nothing they can do but burn stamina and get in a few hits chaisng the mobs that are now chasing the CW.
  • cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Every MMO I've played it's been the same; there's that one class that has a big sword and goes berserk on the enemies and all the children go wide-eyed and decide that's what they're rolling. And then that class forever has the stigma of being the scrub class.

Not defending or condemning such a practice, just throwing it out there as a point to consider.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My guild leader plays GWF and we have no issues whatsoever using him as a tank. He holds aggro just fine. L2P if you're failing at your job (and this means stop DPSing so much if you're pulling all of the threat as a DPS, just like in any other MMO).

That being said, when he feels like doing the Great Pew Pew, he'll respec into one of the myriad PvP builds and we'll take along a GF to tank instead.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cinj216 wrote: »
    the stigma of being the scrub class.
    Oh, you mean like TR and CW here?
  • zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I made a DC just to fund my GWF :(

Same idea as mine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dgfdsdgsgh3dgfdsdgsgh3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Holding agro is not the issue with sentinel build, getting the agro is and it is what breaks GWF tank. New adds arriving during bossfight will murder CW&DC and you can't do anything to stop them since you have no time to build agro. Give sentinels AoE snap agro ability, better yet just add taunt to one of our shouts.