test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix PvP Kill Award System

templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
Title says it, I'm getting sick of me doing 95% damage to a player and another teammate hits them once and takes the Kill and leaves me with a lousy 25 Assist points while they steal 25-150 points from me (Tower Rush and Tower Defender 100 pts + kill extra 50 Pts) It's extremely annoying having TRs take 70% of my kills every match or a CW because they'll throw a range attack at the player who's nearest dead and get the kill.

I PvP to get #1 and win the Blue-Purple items that are awarded.

I thought they fixed this when NW went Live? Bollocks
Post edited by templarknight91 on

Comments

• esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    KS is a known annoying issue in every game... seriously if you have issues with getting KSed don't play MMO RPGs :S

And you don't get purple items when you win #1, only blue.

You get number 1 by achieving highest score, not highest kill count :

1 kill = 50 score , capping a point = 300 score.

1 kill while standing on a capped area = 100 score tower rush + 50 point for kill

i don't know how much for tower defender... but you get it if you prevent someone from capping your spot.
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    KS is a known annoying issue in every game... seriously if you have issues with getting KSed don't play MMO RPGs :S

And you don't get purple items when you win #1, only blue.

You get number 1 by achieving highest score, not highest kill count :

1 kill = 50 score , capping a point = 300 score.

1 kill while standing on a capped area = 100 score tower rush + 50 point for kill

i don't know how much for tower defender... but you get it if you prevent someone from capping your spot.

Regardless if you can win Purples or not I don't really care, it's the Blues I'm after.

Of course capping would be best, but getting a kill is 50 points, where assist is 25. you're going to lose out if enough kills are stolen especially Tower Rush/Defender points are stolen it ADDS up quickly

Tower Defender is the same as a Tower Rush.

What is your point in the reply? You're just stating the same thing I put in the post
    I don't have issues with KS I have a problem with someone doing little damage to the target and stealing all my earned points.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Regardless if you can win Purples or not I don't really care, it's the Blues I'm after.

Of course capping would be best, but getting a kill is 50 points, where assist is 25. you're going to lose out if enough kills are stolen especially Tower Rush/Defender points are stolen it ADDS up quickly

What is your point in the reply? You're just stating the same thing I put in the post
    I don't have issues with KS I have a problem with someone doing little damage to the target and stealing all my earned points.

Secure your kills then. They're not intentionally running up and stealing your kills. They're just helping a team mate out. You see as a KS, they see helping a team mate out. This is why you have your daily. Instead of focusing on trying to 1v1, which was the obvious scenario in this case, focus on helping your team. Kills come naturally when you do what you're supposed to.
  • utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seriously? Is this a problem?

I am a TR, who always harass opponents' base. I usually get the lowest score, since I rarely get either caps or kills but I help my team win the match.

Domination is not a death-match, caps is much more important than kills.
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think there should be no kills or deaths awarded to anyone... something like...

for kills or assisting..

10015112-the-words-great-job-surrounded-by-a-burst-of-colorful-stars-communicating-good-praise-for-a-project-.jpg

then for deaths..

Nice-try-40836368635.jpeg

but I imagine it with more color!

and at the end of every match the teams teleport to the center point for a super happy fun time

DANCE PARTY!

Sosh_dance_party_(HH).gif

All of this would add up to about the same seriousness as the current state of pvp in game...
  • nazboznazboz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh do something about pvp !!!!!!!
    :eek:
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Title says it, I'm getting sick of me doing 95% damage to a player and another teammate hits them once and takes the Kill and leaves me with a lousy 25 Assist points while they steal 25-150 points from me (Tower Rush and Tower Defender 100 pts + kill extra 50 Pts) It's extremely annoying having TRs take 70% of my kills every match or a CW because they'll throw a range attack at the player who's nearest dead and get the kill.

I PvP to get #1 and win the Blue-Purple items that are awarded.

I thought they fixed this when NW went Live? Bollocks

Learn to last hit ?!
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »
    Secure your kills then. They're not intentionally running up and stealing your kills. They're just helping a team mate out. You see as a KS, they see helping a team mate out. This is why you have your daily. Instead of focusing on trying to 1v1, which was the obvious scenario in this case, focus on helping your team. Kills come naturally when you do what you're supposed to.

its hard for low damage classes such as clerics to secure their kills, often they can throw all the power they have out at someone to struggle with getting the last 5% or less in and that's where the frustration comes from as those with high damage tend to finish off all the hard work that will take quite awhile to get daily strength back up... if you wonder why clerics go way out of their way risking their necks to step on someone unconscious its cause they likely were the one that dropped them and they know it isn't likely they will get another kill anytime soon
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    I think there should be no kills or deaths awarded to anyone... something like...

for kills or assisting..

10015112-the-words-great-job-surrounded-by-a-burst-of-colorful-stars-communicating-good-praise-for-a-project-.jpg

then for deaths..

Nice-try-40836368635.jpeg

but I imagine it with more color!

and at the end of every match the teams teleport to the center point for a super happy fun time

DANCE PARTY!

Sosh_dance_party_(HH).gif

All of this would add up to about the same seriousness as the current state of pvp in game...

Please go back to 4chan.
    edited July 2013
    Learn to last hit ?!

Not always the last hit that will award, and like I said a CW or TR will get in the hits with range. GWFs don't have range.
    edited July 2013
    shultzilla wrote: »

Definitely wasn't 1v1, it's me killing opponents I see and me doing all the work and a team mate running up hitting them a couple times and getting my kills as their own. Please read the thread before posting. Kills do not come naturally when you do what you're suppose to do because THAT IS what I do I help the team win and while doing that I try and get 1st place for my item reward, but the system is stupid and awards other's kills to team mates who barely contribute to the fight. So no you're wrong maybe try and place 1st in a PvP match sometime and you'll understand it.
  • pasainpasain Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2013
    welcome to the life of a cleric.. typical score is 5 kills 60 assists.. get over it.

Oh and I rush to step on people cause I don't want them coming back up and I wasn't doing a heap of damage anyway.
  • shultzillashultzilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Definitely wasn't 1v1, it's me killing opponents I see and me doing all the work and a team mate running up hitting them a couple times and getting my kills as their own. Please read the thread before posting. Kills do not come naturally when you do what you're suppose to do because THAT IS what I do I help the team win and while doing that I try and get 1st place for my item reward, but the system is stupid and awards other's kills to team mates who barely contribute to the fight. So no you're wrong maybe try and place 1st in a PvP match sometime and you'll understand it.

I've built 2 Clerics. 1 to 35 and rerolled and she is currently 41. I've built 2 TR's, deleted them both because I didn't like the game style of that class. Built 2 CW's, PvP and PvE spec. Deleted PvP and currently running my 49 PvE build. I've made one GF, played him till 24 and I have my most lovable class, my 60 GWF which I've played since BWE2.

I've played every class more than enough. I've placed 1st in more than enough matches throughout all brackets. I completely wrecked 2x and the 3x brackets on both my Clerics. I have no problem placing 1st on any of my characters except the 60 GWF, which is absolutely fun. Kills do come naturally when you do what you're supposed to doing, which is capping points. I don't have to TRY to get first because I'm focused on helping my team mates and capping points. Coming in first is the reward for good team work and back caps.

I think you should take a step back and analyze your gameplay and skill setup vs the people you are playing.

Pre 60 in PvP, especially puging, you should be running HW (or FF if you like it better), CoBL and DL. Properly geared, a dCoBL and DL will drop most people to right around half life if DL crits. Foresight and anything else you want for Class Features. CoBL + DL will secure most kills, especially if they try to run.

inb4 you're a sent GWF. I'm a Instigator GWF and I absolutely love reverse nuking TR's and CW's
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

You have strange priorities.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To the OP: It's a bug, the more people report it, the sooner it will get fixed (but no, it will probably not be today)

And it is an annoying bug, favoring fast and ranged classes. I've been in matches where I only get credit for half the kills I make. On the other hand, even with a far lower kill-score I can still top the charts sometimes just by pointcapping.

But we still win, so it's definitely not one of the game-breaking bugs that need be fixed first.
  • haggisbawshaggisbaws Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why are you after the blue items? From the 50-100+ blue items I've one from coming first, the most valuable item sold for 500AD. I really don't care where I am on the scoreboard, as long as my team wins. People who play for first place, are not team players.
  • haggisbawshaggisbaws Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Not always the last hit that will award, and like I said a CW or TR will get in the hits with range. GWFs don't have range.

As a GWF I have no problem last hitting someone. It works 95% of the time. Not that I try to last hit, just something I noticed when I was playing the game and helping my team win - you know, the actual goal of pvp?