test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how to get npc

mcvaemcvae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Foundry
how do u make it so players get to fight an npc. i have noticed in some foundry quests the person was able to get the bone golem into attacking players
Post edited by mcvae on

Comments

• orodalforodalf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Make an NPC. Make it disappear, and make an identical-looking monster appear in its place.
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    (The following is not patronizing, it is because I do not know how new you are to Foundry making, or not new. Some info may be "like, duh!" to you, for which I apologize.)

Hi mcvae.

You make your NPC golem and make the player chit chat with him. Let's say your player has two choices:

"You are my buddy! I loooove you!" (Mr. Golem responds, "Awwww, I love you, too!")
    "I hate you. Die already!" (Mr. Golem says, "NO, YOU!")

Now, you make Mr. Golem number two. Mr. Golem number two is really just the encounter (from encounters tab) of the Drow assassin (or you can pick the brute, whatever one-npc encounter you choose).

First open up Mr. Golem NPC's bubble. Where it says, "disappears when?", you use that drop-down menu and select "dialogue point reached" or whatever it says about dialogue. A new box appears, asking you to select dialogue. You pick the one that shows you all of Mr. Golem's dialogue. You click on the little box to the right that shows the "no you!" dialogue point.

Now good-guy sweetypants McGolemguy goes away when he says, "NO YOU!" (keep this short, cause there's no time to read it, by the way. He vanishes instantly and the chat box goes with him).

Go to the encounter that you made. First thing you do is re-skin him (you have to do this part on your Details tab). Right now, it'll say under appearance of the bad guy, "drow assassin". So click on "drow assassin" (not customize), and find bony mcboneface.

Then go down to "appears when?" and select the same dialogue cue.

When finished, stack the boxes on top of each other in your regular 2-d editor.

Now, when some fool smartypants tells bony man that they hate him, they're in for a lick of trouble!

(This only makes 1 new encounter appear from only 1 quest choice. Getting him to disappear and spawn new versions of himself in other ways is far more complex. :p)
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • neverwinter1776neverwinter1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    oh the prospects are endless ;-)
    Nimmanu has the quickest solution. This is what I usually do also.
    But reading this I was thinking...
    Same deal.. 2 possible outcomes.
    I love you too.. go away happy
    What?! Really? Then die!

3 Identical NPC's
    1) to start and talk to (Set to Disappear when Dialogue reaches "FINAL" )
    1a) Good/happy (hidden -- set to appear when dialogue reaches "I love you too (AND+) FINAL".)
    ............OPTION: -- set to "Follow"
    1b) Evil/mad (hidden -- set to appear when dialogue reaches "What?! Really?! , Then Die! (AND+) FINAL".)
    ............OPTION: -- Set on a one way patrol path AWAY from the player -- so they don't get ganked right away

When the dialogue is:

.................|...................................... Hello NPC.............................................|
    .................|...response 1 (LOVE)................................. response 2(HATE)...|
    .................|._________________________________________________.|
    ..............................|...................................................................|
    ..............................|...................................................................|
    |...I LOVE you too ...|..................|...What?! Really?! , Then Die!...|
    |.......continue...........|..................|.................continue....................|
    .................|._______________.|..................|.________________________.|
    |................................................................|
    |..........FINAL..........|<

LINK
    |
    .................|.______________.|

This is pretty standard and works well.

Neverwinter1776
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcvaemcvae Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    txs guys i will give this a go