test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I needs feedback, but i hate playing the game.

zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Foundry
What can i say. I'm jaded, and have little desire to actually PLAY the game. All i ever do is create in the foundry. Logging in to the game makes something inside of me very sad anymore. There are only 2 occasions I'm actually moving a character around in this game. 3d editing, and when i have to log on to my character to test combat in my map(can't start a character in foundry higher then 30, and even if i could, the power points and such are all still broken) As such i really don't like saying i'll trade reviews and such because i have very little desire to PLAY the game.

As such i don't know if i'll bother continuing with even the foundry. The only way to get any consistent reviews and feedback on a quest is to trade people and keep trading people until you get to around what? 5k views? even more? Or you're lucky enough to have your quest pulled out of the "Submitted for Featuring Hat". The community rules don't fit how i want to play. All I have any desire to do is create content, not play it.

And since this is a pseudo rant, WTF is Naruto off on a break for and they're still in filler!? FCKIN HATE FILLER! that is all.
Post edited by zlainfurry on

Comments

• Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have the same problem too. I hardly ever play. My only character is just level 23. All my spare time is spent in the Foundry. If I do play it's to test my map or play someone else's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LV 17 here. Only do Foundry and play other people's quests. Don't even know my way around the city of Neverwinter fully. :p
  • Options
    fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Offer AD to people who give constructive reviews on your quest. Like 500 AD for the first 10, 20 reviews or whatever. Other than that you either advertise it to hell or trade reviews. Your options are limited.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think remaining ignorant of how the game feels and plays at various levels, and the lore present in core pve, is going to be a significant handicap to making good Foundry missions.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    I think remaining ignorant of how the game feels and plays at various levels, and the lore present in core pve, is going to be a significant handicap to making good Foundry missions.

I agree.

My TR is now 60, and straight away I saw I needed to reconsider some of my "boss fights", as they were originally planned (back when I tested them at level 30-40) they were doable, if I left then as they were they'd be impossible at level 60.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zahinder wrote: »

I agree. It's very hard making personally sure if your quest is properly balanced for a lvl 60 if you don't have a lvl 60. My only lvl 60 is a CW so my 60 balancing is a little slanted i guess, however i've had GFs post that it was enjoyable for them, so heh guess i got it right

The game didn't become utterly scary to play for me till 60 though when content became non existent. Before that my time with NW was fairly enjoyable.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    zlainfurry wrote: »
    I agree. It's very hard making personally sure if your quest is properly balanced for a lvl 60 if you don't have a lvl 60. My only lvl 60 is a CW so my 60 balancing is a little slanted i guess, however i've had GFs post that it was enjoyable for them, so heh guess i got it right

Hmm, it sounds like a non-trivial task to hit that sweet spot, if the scaling is inconsistent. I there are more than just levels to consider- gear levels and class differentials. too.. I wonder how many people try to second guess the scaling and tune it with that in mind?

I do remember playing a rather good foundry mission which had variable encounter difficulty- while the mechanism was a little intrusive (it had to be implemented via NPC conversations before each major encounter), it was a nice touch for those who found the combat too much.
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    do sum pvp and pwn nubs
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with Zahinder. And if you don't follow the basic conventions that Cryptic uses (e.g. the meaning of text color), your quest sticks out like a sore thumb.

Not to mention the fact that Cryptic maps are the standard that other players will rate you relative to. So you should play them and think about what works, what doesn't work, etc. I got some great ideas on map making by playing through the official story.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    do sum pvp and pwn all the bots
    10 characters