test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogues with god mode on

dread131313dread131313 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
edited July 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
This hack is rampant! I just talked to ANOTHER user on twitch (not flyyyyyyyyyyyyy13) and he just said he encountered two different people today using that same hack on Dragon server. Please Cryptic do something about this.
Post edited by dread131313 on

Comments

• Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    you have a spelling mistake there:
    they are called "great weapon fighters", not "rogues"
  • Options
    onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Your friend should not just stand there getting hit. Run around. They normally strafe. Then randomly do some arc attacks here and there if you can. I've met a few GWF who just.....stand there as their life is extremely slowly being removed.
  • Options
    dread131313dread131313 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    no.. its ROGUE, hes abusing Impossible to Catch.. theres video evidence of dodge, dodge, dodge invulnerability on a rogue with imp to catch ( a normally 3 second ability) lasting over a minute. Please tell me you guys cant understand that im talking about a ROGUE and not a GWF... Jeez
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    then you are talking about a cheater or hacker, the lcass doesnt matter then

you just want rogues nerfed, no matter if someone is using a cheat/hack/whatever to achieve godmode
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    he's not after anything being nerfed. He's reporting a bot that just happens to be cheating using a rogue. They have an ability that prevents them taking damage and these bots are able to implement it full time.

It's becoming more and more common. Hopefully, it will be enough to tip the devs into having to do something about the amount of bots in PvP at the moment.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    There seem to be clerics taking 0 dmg too, CC didn't work on the cleric either.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I imagine the newer bots have evolved and adapted. It seems to be only the honest playerbase that is getting left behind..

As with criminals in the real world; as long as there are people who have to abide by rules, and there are people that don't. The ones that do are are always destined to lose.
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    you have a spelling mistake there:
    they are called "great weapon fighters", not "rogues"
    +1

/10char
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    maxibestmaxibest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    people like that who cheat on PvP should get permabanned
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    the devs dont care about pvp since pvp is a complete joke anyways
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    then you are talking about a cheater or hacker, the lcass doesnt matter then

you just want rogues nerfed, no matter if someone is using a cheat/hack/whatever to achieve godmode

You don't really seem to be following what's going on at all. Maybe you should re-read the thread, paying better attention :)
  • Options
    justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    <Link removed>

This affects both PvP and PvE. People who are doing this can solo all content in PvE and solo farm everything in the game non stop. I wonder how long this has been going on for and nobody knowing about it until now, because people are finally using it in PvP.
  • Options
    maxibestmaxibest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i guess its not cheating or hacking. its just that the game is badly programmed and there are so many glitches
  • Options
    johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    they cant just ban him right away because he is not using any third party software. its the game which is broken actually
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    justkaz wrote: »
    This affects both PvP and PvE. People who are doing this can solo all content in PvE and solo farm everything in the game non stop. I wonder how long this has been going on for and nobody knowing about it until now, because people are finally using it in PvP.

Probably for ages - I guess it was only released for sale to PvP players after the creators figured they would get more money that way then from exploiting Dungeons. Early on though, Dungeon runs using this would have been insanely lucrative.
  • Options
    loomyzaloomyza Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Does anyone see the irony in the hacker's last name. This is complete B.S. btw that they get away with this. Should be a priority to investigate not only to make honest player's lives less stressful but to protect your own revenues.. imagine god mode t2 farming all night looooong.

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Yes lets get more people to know about it increasing the amount of people that may use this exploit. We all need to know exactly how to use this exploit because we can make the changes to the code necessary.

Oh and reported :)
  • Options
    justkazjustkaz Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Yes lets get more people to know about it increasing the amount of people that may use this exploit. We all need to know exactly how to use this exploit because we can make the changes to the code necessary.

The VoD shows nothing of HOW to exploit. It only PROOVES that the exploit exists and that it should be dealt with ASAP. But thanks for the report.
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    I've come across this several times. It's always on a rogue. Pretty irritating and completely ruins my enjoyment of the game... These rogues run around like they are actually skilled or something and even have the nerve to brag about it.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    We will be assimilated.

These bots are only the beginning.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Don't be ridiculous. Knowing of an exploits existence is not the same as knowing HOW its done. That video only showed the fact that it exists. It could just as easily have been a screenshot, e.g. of an AH exploit with 100 stacks of 99x Enchantments or something...

This is particularly helpful because there are existing legitimate ways to become CC and damage resistant or even immune. At least now from that video, everyone knows it is not TR's Impossible To Catch. We don't know anything else about it at all.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The mods posted a thread on how to get in touch with them and how to report the exploit/hax.

Seems to me someone was trying to be helpful and someone is crying for attention.

Which is which?
  • Options
    zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I guess people want to test how fast it gets fixed, thus giving it as much public attention as possible.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Bingo! :) Granted it's against the terms of service to call someone a troll and use personal attacks, I still couldn't agree more. I've had him on my ignore list for a while.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    kynttila wrote: »
    I guess people want to test how fast it gets fixed, thus giving it as much public attention as possible.

that's what im waiting for.....this is a freaking MMO.. It generates a mountain of revenue. If they want me to be a customer I want to see how professional they are.
    I want to see this hot patched in less than a day.

So cmon devs...lets see if your game is worth my time and money.
This discussion has been closed.