test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control wizards and PVP.

2»

Comments

• capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    farcurse wrote: »
    i play cw - tr - cleric - gwf - 43 gf and when i am on my TR cw are my fav targets couse they cant do squat when i am on my cw its reversed gwf is a beast can take down a cw a dc a tr doesnt matter 1vs1 its a sure win

the only class that is currently overpowered is gf ..2 much dmg

my issue whit cw atm is half the skills and feats are 1 broken or 2 not working as they describe ( aka intended)

I especially love having nightmare wizardy proccing on me giving reversed combat advantage. Good one that. i havent seen anything in the patch notes about a fix yet.
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    I especially love having nightmare wizardy proccing on me giving reversed combat advantage. Good one that. i havent seen anything in the patch notes about a fix yet.

I think the cw bug thread mentions it got fixed (at least some what) last patch.

Personally, im still pissed tiefling racial doesnt stack with.. ******! I cant remember the feats name but the 10% dmg under 50% hp one. Using those feats together was the whole reason i made my toon a tiefling.

Regarding cc break/immunities, i find paying attention really helps. Trs and gwfs appearances change when their cc breaks are active. Once you learn to notice them kiting isnt a problem. I just assume every tr that is near me has itc up and flee like hell when they get close :)
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    griz024 wrote: »
    I think the cw bug thread mentions it got fixed (at least some what) last patch.

Personally, im still pissed tiefling racial doesnt stack with.. ******! I cant remember the feats name but the 10% dmg under 50% hp one. Using those feats together was the whole reason i made my toon a tiefling.

Regarding cc break/immunities, i find paying attention really helps. Trs and gwfs appearances change when their cc breaks are active. Once you learn to notice them kiting isnt a problem. I just assume every tr that is near me has itc up and flee like hell when they get close :)

Sadly it is not fixed at all. I see it regularly on me still.
  • xdonmegaxdonmega Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    1. The PvP in this game is a joke

2. CW is the only class that you actually have to play to be effective.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2013
    1.) Go to Ah.
    2.) Buy 5 or 6 stacks of the cheapest Rejuvenation potions.
    3.) The first character you see in PvP, pop 6 or 7 Rejuvenation pots. They stack.
    4.) Now you cannot be killed.

For added fun, slot Tenebrous in every offense slot you have and HP in every Defense slot. Tene's stack and each have a separate proc chance.
  • azrenegadeazrenegade Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I believe the problem lies with CC immunity. Other classes can use various cc immunities but the CW has none, so the "control" class is getting locked down rather that the other way around. The system should be the exact opposite where others have it tough dealing with the CW control.
  • modimormodimor Member Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    I really dont see how we will own the rogue damage level ranged class.

Im not really sure if i subscribe to your melee must beat ranged theory. Why must they. Surely there must be a point of balance. It certainly isnt against a GF within their at will range.

OK i put it the wrong way, if melee get in to melee range with a caster, they should have a really hard time to recover from it. Or else there would be no point to melee classes. Yeah GF's are really broken atm, and they have been for a very long time tbh. I've seen people getting oneshotted by GF's opening attack. So they almoast hits as hard as the TR wich is really wrong considering they have the highest defence in the game aswell. Dps in general is broken, some abillties hit for about twice as much as they should tbh. And put you on your *** aswell.
  • gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2013
    farcurse wrote: »
    i play cw - tr - cleric - gwf - 43 gf and when i am on my TR cw are my fav targets couse they cant do squat when i am on my cw its reversed gwf is a beast can take down a cw a dc a tr doesnt matter 1vs1 its a sure win

This is so untrue lol I have beaten many GWF 1on1. The key is not letting them get close. Watch for subtle changes and repel and freeze the heck out of them. Don't get me wrong, they can be difficult...but so can any other class if played well that is spec'd correctly.

Melee doesn't own ranged unless ranged lets melee get close. CW has a lot of abilities to prevent that from happening.
  • capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    gnominion wrote: »
    This is so untrue lol I have beaten many GWF 1on1. The key is not letting them get close. Watch for subtle changes and repel and freeze the heck out of them. Don't get me wrong, they can be difficult...but so can any other class if played well that is spec'd correctly.

Melee doesn't own ranged unless ranged lets melee get close. CW has a lot of abilities to prevent that from happening.

Are you at cap yet. Yours posts seem to say no