test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please change the lizard storyline.

chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The way the lizard storyline is currently written, we are invading a species and killing them so we have clean water. We're not killing evil creatures, we are killing creatures who are simply defending their land from invaders which happen to be us. Please re-write this storyline so we are not savage colonizers and I don't have to kill "innocent" creatures or make it so we can skip the lizards and go directly to the pirates later in the zone. Unless, of course, you are going to add alignment to the game and decisions about participating in these quests will affect the player's alignment. An alignment system that changes according to my actions would be grand.
Post edited by chaddiwicker on

Comments

• Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    It's messed up. Why am I helping these pirates? Why am I killing the indigenous population of this island for this group of heartless brigands? Why do they make me collect the teeth of the innocent creatures I killed, in order to hang up as a warning? I'm supposed to be a hero.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    My cleric has already decided to ignore the pirates that the Yargos are.
    Did the dungeon and skirmish, skipped the rest of the zone.
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is really an important topic.... fix it now we love lizards.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually, I find it to be a kind of interesting break from the rest of the story. You were ordered there by Knox, to assist Company Yargo - they are helping Neverwinter, and you are doing your part. It's not always pretty to do what's asked of you by your government, and it isn't always right.

Regardless, you can simply do events or Foundry quests if it bothers you. "Heroes" aren't always so lily-white.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    In old RPG..pali pops detect evil..then tends to kill things..:cool: More so if drinking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Oh, and how about the half-Orc racism in the game... I hate that too...makes me feel sad to play a half-Orc. This needs to be changed first it's awful... isn't there enough racism in the real world without bringing it to games!!! :mad:
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Actually, I find it to be a kind of interesting break from the rest of the story. You were ordered there by Knox, to assist Company Yargo - they are helping Neverwinter, and you are doing your part. It's not always pretty to do what's asked of you by your government, and it isn't always right.

Lets also not forget the lizards really arn't all that nice. You know, being allied with the black dragon and all. A dragon with Vile in his name, and one that helped to lay waste to the original pirates. The way I saw it, was the only thing keeping the Garrundar in check, and preventing him from laying waste to the entire area. Was the fact that the pirates undead nature kinda made them hard to remove, and forced a stalemate.

So, in a choice between evil black dragon loving lizards or a nifty pair of lizard skin boots with a possible matching belt. Im gonna take the boots.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Im very anti violence..can we please change the game to where I don't have to kill the mobs but sway them in my favor with love and rainbows? Thanx..I'll be waiting.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    hum, this is the only storyline i like. Dont change it

I dont want to be some idiot hero saving people, but hey i do it for the money.

if your character doesnt like it, dont do it. Game isnt forcing you too. Go do foundry.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Helping a capitalist trade company to steal resources from these guys and to kill people on the way was funny. Reminds me what happens every day and thought it was cool to see a game involving that.

The best moment was: you're going to loot their homes, but who cares, we're going to kill them all anyway. :cool:
  • Options
    ravinravin Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's just a game, people, get a grip.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Im very anti violence..can we please change the game to where I don't have to kill the mobs but sway them in my favor with love and rainbows? Thanx..I'll be waiting.

^('-')
    Me demand carebear powers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RphtbZxAD4A
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Waffles...not as good as pancakes...but still...WAFFLES!!!!
  • Options
    atompenguinatompenguin Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm offended that we have to kill so many humans. As a human myself, I'm against this kind of thing.

Can we change them to moving target dummies? I'm afraid if we switch them to any monsters it might be too scary and mean.
    -Campaign: Spells and Coin
    --Part 1: Spells and Coin (NW-DHM3XQVQK)
    --Part 2: A Blind Eye (NW-DI3QTHZGJ)
    --Part 3: Dodo's Dinner (NW-DHPA8O253)

-One Shots
    --The Wizard of Eldeur (NW-DRKQNE4S7)