test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avatar of war 4 piece set effect

pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Ok so I'm curious at how impactful people find the 4 piece set effect on this armor..

I see alot of people chose to run 2 different sets to get the double set bonus on 2 piece effects. As it reads it does sound quite useful but I'm more curious about its actual real impact... People that use it.. How do u find it?
Post edited by pandapaul on

Comments

• ioannides5ioannides5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's useless. No question about it. It's buff needs to be slightly reduced, and changed to powers used not encounters... as it stands it's more frustrating than beneficial keeping it up, unless you use punishing charge.. which is quite honestly a waste of an encounter slot in pve.
  • pandapaulpandapaul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 424 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So what would u recommend gear wise then.. The 2 piece avatar effect is good.. I notice the new GG set has a 2 piece bonus of 1800 hit points.. But I get the feeling that a hit point bonus like this is kinda worthless... With the large amount of dps adds and bosses have in dungeons it's unlikely that hp bonus will provide much....
    So what is the best 2 sets to stack then?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm sure that in the mind of the person who made this set it sounded really cool.

Too bad that person never actually played the game.
  • loverboyusaloverboyusa Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    2x Avatar of War/ 2x Vigilant Warlord +450 Crit and +400 Recovery
    happy days!
  • fimcontefimconte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    pandapaul wrote: »
    So what would u recommend gear wise then.. The 2 piece avatar effect is good.. I notice the new GG set has a 2 piece bonus of 1800 hit points.. But I get the feeling that a hit point bonus like this is kinda worthless... With the large amount of dps adds and bosses have in dungeons it's unlikely that hp bonus will provide much....
    So what is the best 2 sets to stack then?

HP is actually pretty nice to a extent (~26-27k hp imho) since many "instagib" abilities deal 20-26k Necrotic damage that ignores defence.

So HP is the only thing that will stop "instagibs" by those abilities.
    Fans Glory to the Gladiators,
    Gods Glory to the Heroes.

TR:Anirul Corrino@Fimconte
    GF:Irulan Corrino@Fimconte
  • templarknight91templarknight91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fimconte wrote: »
    HP is actually pretty nice to a extent (~26-27k hp imho) since many "instagib" abilities deal 20-26k Necrotic damage that ignores defence.

So HP is the only thing that will stop "instagibs" by those abilities.

In PvP Hp stacking with Tene is what most do..but seems pointless in PvE. also Vigilant 2 piece is +450 Recovery. I would do 2 Berserker + 2 Vigilant or 2 Avatar + 2 Vig.