test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are graphics really that bad?

2»

Comments

• gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The quality of graphics is fairly good. The range of graphical appearances is somewhat lacking. Of course the plus side is that you don't have to worry about mismatched outfit pieces.

I do find some of the modeling could use some work, but then weird character postures and item/outfit clipping is a bit of a pet peeve for me.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    gabryel wrote: »
    The quality of graphics is fairly good. The range of graphical appearances is somewhat lacking. Of course the plus side is that you don't have to worry about mismatched outfit pieces.

I do find some of the modeling could use some work, but then weird character postures and item/outfit clipping is a bit of a pet peeve for me.

Same issue that bugs me as well, character clipping issues. Right now on the Guardian Fighter Males their one handed sword looks to be on the inside of their leg plate armor as apposed to appearing on the outside in a sheath. Male Character models for Great weapon Fighters, their two handed swords when you sprint forward and stop clip the back of their leg like it's going to slice it off.

Female Great weapon fighters two handed swords appear to be way to far off their back and it looks like something floating in space. Kind of reminds me of My Gauss Rifle - MechWarrior. I keep thinking if I sprint forward then come to a sudden stop, the sword will swing upwards and land on my shoulder and I can fire it like the cannon on my Mech. Pew, pew,

Whats up with the clipping of the hair through the armor in the game? The way the hair for female/male characters is designed it doesn't lay over the top of your armor, it sorta just clips through the armor and not only effects how the hair looks, but how the armor looks as well.

Trickster Rogues, Male.... more so then female..sweet Jebus fix the clipping on the dagger on the right side. When any character/male or female move their right arm the hilt of the dagger movers through the arm. The idle animation for Males have their right arm with the hilt of the dagger protruding through their arm, which makes it look stupid.

well, that about covers my issues with clipping. I'm still hoping that I can use my sword on my Female Great weapon fighter as a Gauss Rifle and pew pew enemies with it.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When you look at the customization you can get in Champions and even in STO this game falls way short in character and item appearance range. I mean come on this is the company that makes the defacto super hero MMO and they cannot get the ape graphics right?

Overall the graphics are not bad but this lack of customization in your charac ter and the lack of variation within the equipment is just poor half assed work by Cryptic when you compare it to Champions and STO.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg