test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cant roll "need" on items i cant wear?!

masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Missing Patchnotes?! I cant roll "need" on Items i cant wear. Are they char bound if someone rolls need?! And if not: TR and CW are getting very expensive items and GFs have no chance to get these expensive items (GF items are the cheapest items in whole AH... hm well, GWF items are cheap too).

Im avoiding dungeons since i got my equipment and realized that each dungeon is the same - well the number of stupids adds of the stupid boss is the only difference! But yesterday i entered a dungeon and wasnt able to roll need on items for other classes. No great GF items dropped - and im interested if the items are char bound?!

Edit to avoid tons of stupid answers of trolls and stupid childs:

A group is entering a dungeon. There is one TR. The TR has GS 15000 (example!). A good and expensive TR item drops. The TR is the only one who is able to roll need. He will roll need and SELL the item.

My wish: Bind on Pickup only if you rolled "Need".

Why should i (as GF) enter a dungeon which if offering a small chance of great TR items?! I will never get them because the TRb will allways roll "need" and sell the items.

With bind on pickup for need rolls everyone is still able to roll need on items, but they cant abuse this mechanik to get an expensive item just for selling them.

All in all: the actual need-roll-mechanik does not do ANYTHING against ninja looters.

But im tired of explaining such easy things... people came around and told something like "this has been done to avoid ninja looting" or "youre a f*** ninja looter!!" well... its just stupid.
No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
ghostravyn wrote: »
If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
Post edited by masu84 on

Comments

• Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    TR and CW are getting very expensive items and GFs have no chance to get these expensive items (GF items are the cheapest items in whole AH... hm well, GWF items are cheap too

Really? Stalwart helm cost a fortune, last I looked. Hell, the most useful tier 2 set for the CW is still available remarkably cheaply- though the price has gone up since they made the set bonus buff the player, and not mobs.

I suspect that you need to cut down on your coffee intake.

I am now buckling up for the wave of mockery and insults that you just invited. I would suggest that you don your fireproof pants, stat :)
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited July 2013
    Missing Patchnotes?! I cant roll "need" on Items i cant wear. Are they char bound if someone rolls need?! And if not: TR and CW are getting very expensive items and GFs have no chance to get these expensive items (GF items are the cheapest items in whole AH... hm well, GWF items are cheap too).

Im avoiding dungeons since i got my equipment and realized that each dungeon is the same - well the number of stupids adds of the stupid boss is the only difference! But yesterday i entered a dungeon and wasnt able to roll need on items for other classes. No great GF items dropped - and im interested if the items are char bound?!
    So what. Deal with it.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Didnt this change go into effect a few patches ago?
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Need should only reserved for classes that can actually use the gear.

That having been said I also support needed items being made Bound to Character to avoid the situation you are describing.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    That was a well received change from weeks ago.

No you can't roll "need" on an item that you can't wear because, then, obviously you (that character) do not "need" it or at least not as directly as the other person on the group who is the correct class. There may be further changes to make the system fairer but you shouldn't be "needing" an item that isn't for your current character.

One prospective alteration would be to make all items that are "needed" Bind on Pick-Up. Either way "needing" for alts will suffer because there's no way to prevent players from ninja looting without a limitation on who can need. :(

Generally - Need = For you. Greed = To Sell.
    If you are "needing" on items simply because they are for your class and you want a guaranteed drop you're doing it wrong. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    One prospective alteration would be to make all items that are "needed" Bind on Pick-Up.

This would really help the situation as right now unpopular classes are doubly penalized - first they will have a much harder time getting into groups and secondly any drops are far less valuable.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    One prospective alteration would be to make all items that are "needed" Bind on Pick-Up. Either way "needing" for alts will suffer because there's no way to prevent players from ninja looting without a limitation on who can need. :(

I hope the idea gains some traction, it seems fairer. Also, needing for alts always seems a little shady, if you're there to get your DC gloves, and someone announces that they're going to need on them for their alt, friend, brother or canary. I mean, after all, you're the one dodging the monsters, right?
    mconosrep wrote: »
    This would really help the situation as right now unpopular classes are doubly penalized - first they will have a much harder time getting into groups and secondly any drops are far less valuable.

..and thus that gear is cheaper on the AH, too, surely?
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Look up the words NEED and GREED in a dictionary. "I need a 5 pound gold bar to sell so I can buy more zen" is found under greed. "I need to be able to do my job" is found under need.
  • Options
    thesipeliusthesipelius Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    GFs have no chance to get these expensive items
    Find a guild.. If you do dungeons with people you know, they use greed on items that they really don't need. Hell, I threw in a greed on an Avatar of War helm worth about million AD just because I didn't need it.
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I assume u are talking about purple items in the higher level dungeons, but there are problems in the lower level ones too. I know the blue+ items are identified, but lots of the green items are not. You have no idea, really, if you want it or not, and you are generally busy killing mobs and have to make a quick choice for need or greed or pass. Leveling up, there are mostly green items, and you have no idea if they are an upgrade or not.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    That was a well received change from weeks ago.

No you can't roll "need" on an item that you can't wear because, then, obviously you (that character) do not "need" it or at least not as directly as the other person on the group who is the correct class. There may be further changes to make the system fairer but you shouldn't be "needing" an item that isn't for your current character.

Generally - Need = For you. Greed = To Sell.
    If you are "needing" on items simply because they are for your class and you want a guaranteed drop you're doing it wrong. ;)

It would be cool that if you need it will BoP.

It would be better (just in case) if the character ALREADY have the item (in bank or character) then need is not available for them either (but that is a lot more code checking which could cause problem)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    It would be better (just in case) if the character ALREADY have the item (in bank or character) then need is not available for them either (but that is a lot more code checking which could cause problem)

Make any NEEDed item BoP and unsellable even to a vendor and this should resolve 99% of these issues.
  • Options
    kojirenkojiren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My wallet needs your classes' expensive items more then you need it to replace your blu's. Gimme
  • Options
    cesmode8cesmode8 Member Posts: 384 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Why on gods green earth would you need to roll need on something you cant use? Seriously? A thread for this?

Roll need on something for an alt or something? What about the guy in the group that can actually use it? You're need for an alt supercedes his for the character he's playing?

No. just stop it.
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Welcome to like... 4 patches ago.

Sad ninja looter is saaaaad.
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    whyismyplantdyinwhyismyplantdyin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Wow. Just wow.

Really. Dude. Greed fits you perfectly, not need. If nobody can use it, everyone has to roll greed and you get your fair chance.
  • Options
    kryndorkryndor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Good, now maybe the people the actually need the stuff can get it instead of arrogant people like you trying to take what they dont need, Hit the GREED button you greedy SOB.
  • Options
    kryndorkryndor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Good, now maybe the people that actually need the stuff can get it instead of arrogant people like you trying to take what they dont need, Hit the GREED button you greedy SOB.
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    OP , you sound like the kind of person who would be really cool with it if after running the same dungeon 20 or more times to get a certain item it finally drops just for some other class to Need and get it who has no use for it other than to sell it , yeah you sound like you would be really chilled out about that kind of situation...
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited July 2013
    I cant roll "need" on Items i cant wear.

Thread should be relabeled "True Confessions of a ninja looter".

I play both GF and TR and there is plenty of expensive GF loot out there. I don't even need on stalwart items because I don't really "Need" them. Only the dredges of society come in and need on everything.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree with the notion that "needing" something should result it becoming bound to you... after all, if you really "need" it, then you intend to use it, so it wouldn't be a problem for you. Just because an item happens to drop of the same class as you shouldn't give you exclusive rights to grab it just to sell it. You wanna actually use it? More power to you, and enjoy the item.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Make any NEEDed item BoP and unsellable even to a vendor and this should resolve 99% of these issues.

True. I have play with PUGs in all sort of MMO. I put that in there to cover all the bases even the "Greedy PUG who can sell for gold instead of helping out their fellow SAME class person who can actually NEED it"

I see it all the time in WoW where end item is already BoP but that doesn't stop them ;)
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    well the pugs that i paly with at least till now we greed on everything, and need on stones, all purple gear greed
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    IMO they should just remove the need button from the game since taking dibs on an item that has a value in the economy is a greedy act.

But hey, community wanted it, community got it. I don't mind that much, just find it silly.

90% of the CN runs I do since this change are "all greed" runs, where either a guild mate of mine or I am party leader. If someone rolls need on an item they are swiftly removed from the group. This is made very clear that these are the loot rules ahead of time mind you. SO yeah, not much changed in my gaming experience, aside from potential ninjas getting a rather unpleasant surprise.
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Is this a troll post? I can't imagine that the OP is actually serious.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    kevinf08 wrote: »
    IMO they should just remove the need button from the game since taking dibs on an item that has a value in the economy is a greedy act.

But hey, community wanted it, community got it. I don't mind that much, just find it silly.

90% of the CN runs I do since this change are "all greed" runs, where either a guild mate of mine or I am party leader. If someone rolls need on an item they are swiftly removed from the group. This is made very clear that these are the loot rules ahead of time mind you. SO yeah, not much changed in my gaming experience, aside from potential ninjas getting a rather unpleasant surprise.

well. when playing with civilize people, there isn't much looting issue. Even PUGs can be civilize. The main issue (like anything from games to real life) the rules/code are in place to control the OTHER people who abuse them.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

So basically, you want to be a ******bag and take loot away from those that can wear it so you can make some money? This is why the entire system was changed to begin with.

Moron.
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Wow. Just wow.

Really. Dude. Greed fits you perfectly, not need. If nobody can use it, everyone has to roll greed and you get your fair chance.

No, i dont have a fair chance. Expensive Dagger for TR drops, the TR got a better one but he is able to roll "need". This way he is getting the item to sell it. I have no chance.

And well, someone said that some GF items are very expensive. Well, some daggers for TR cost more than the most expensive complete GF set. Now i should start the class which is able to roll "need" on most expensive items. Otherwise im getting less AD than these classes.

Stupid system!

BoP for "need rolls"! Restricting need rolls is just unfair if BoP is missing. As i told before while BoP discussion was really hot:

change nothing or add BoP for Need-rolls!

now the actual system sucks hard... but wait... i think the developers dont play their own game because they know that it just su*ks.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    xaazxxaazx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    I assume u are talking about purple items in the higher level dungeons, but there are problems in the lower level ones too. I know the blue+ items are identified, but lots of the green items are not. You have no idea, really, if you want it or not, and you are generally busy killing mobs and have to make a quick choice for need or greed or pass. Leveling up, there are mostly green items, and you have no idea if they are an upgrade or not.

Nobody gives a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about low level **** items.