test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't waste your time leveling through instances.

pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Leveling through instances is a freaking joke in this game. I did 80 runs on my cleric between 15-50. 44 times someone either dced or left the group mid instance. There is no current mechanics to replace a dced player (if there is one it must be just broken)

About 20 times we tried to finish with 4 people half the time failed. When I asked people who are 60 about this I got the SAME answer all the time. “Don't bother doing any, just level to 60 and start doing T1/T2 with guild.” I find it just hilarious that in a game where the core is dungeon running... there is no mechanics to replace a player.

Furthermore there is no mechanics to port a player you invite to your dungeon, and if you leave the instance.. it drops you at the beginning of the zone 59 miles away from where the instance is (if you qued for it and didn't enter with a team through the instance door).

Cryptic, 30 years of MMO and you still can't get this right? Inept, incompetent or just plain stupid?

O, and thanks for making cleric the hardest freaking class to level. DD hr comes up there are 30 groups looking for a healer to run a dungeon. Well done Cryptic, well done. You guys are a clueless joke.
Post edited by pinkleet on

Comments

• theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Cryptic has been making MMO's for 30 years? Holy impressive Batman.

And your anecdotal evidence is nothing compared to mine. I leveled to 50 through instances and questing. Never had anyone DC in a dungeon, and never not finished a dungeon.
  • heyyyouheyyyou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dude I play a cleric and its freeking easy to level high dmg + self healing = win win maybe try stating to different things
  • hackbeardhackbeard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I leveled to 60 with my Cleric incredibly fast. As with all classes, stick to questing for leveling and you will fly through the ranks. Dungeons are just for loot and fun.

I will agree there's not enough incentive to do dungeons until you get to 60.
  • pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well, to be fair... if your token fat guy has a massive heart attack and keeled over at the D&D table you would not have had the luxury of porting in a new token fat guy.

Yes, this is a joke, for you forum warriors
  • pinkleetpinkleet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just hate it. You get a group going, half way some1 drops and you know you are screwed. all the time you invested you can just dump in toilet cause there is no way you can finish the last boss (most of the time) without the 5th. ****en <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Period.
  • zellexzellex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Yeah if this were the year 2033 hehe... They sold to PW little while back...they are now a "wholly owned subsidy" of PW.
  • dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited July 2013

So you actually thought he meant that Cryptic had been making them for 30 years?.

Or were you just trying to be a smartarse, making a post you thought was witty?.

It wasn't.
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    dootu wrote: »
    So you actually thought he meant that Cryptic had been making them for 30 years?.

Or were you just trying to be a smartarse, making a post you thought was witty?.

It wasn't.

You do realize that this sentance "Cryptic, 30 years of MMO and you still can't get this right? Inept, incompetent or just plain stupid?" implies that cryptic has been making MMO's for 30 years. Sentence structure is important *******.
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    This is what I did.

PVP and quest.

Queue up for PVP while you quest. After PVP, you'll be teleported back to the same place. Queue again and resume questing.
    Since it sometimes takes a while to get in PVP arena, you should be able to finish a quest before you get teleported in.

Kill two birds with one stone.
  • runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2013
    This is what I did.

PVP and quest.

Queue up for PVP while you quest. After PVP, you'll be teleported back to the same place. Queue again and resume questing.
    Since it sometimes takes a while to get in PVP arena, you should be able to finish a quest before you get teleported in.

Kill two birds with one stone.

EDIT: make that three birds with one stone cuz you get EXP and Glory after PVP.
  • dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    You do realize that this sentance "Cryptic, 30 years of MMO and you still can't get this right? Inept, incompetent or just plain stupid?" implies that cryptic has been making MMO's for 30 years. Sentence structure is important *******.

Who cares, it takes 3 seconds to work out he meant that MMOs have been around 30 years. Sentence structure or no sentence structure.

We can all read the words, it's you decision whether you chose to comprehend them intelligently or robot like.
  • indolo238indolo238 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    Agree about replacing lost members and also find the not knowing where I'll end up when I leave an instance/skirmish quite annoying.

I don't know about failing dungeons. My pugs have managed to succeed, even down a player, on all the ones I've done so far, and there were multiple times where we'd be down 1 on the end boss, due to res sickness. Of course, pugs can vary wildly in their effectiveness and some of those I think we won through luck because evidently the rest of the team didn't realize that red was bad to stand in. Anyway, I'd say don't give up on the run without giving it a good go. That's when it gets interesting and fun and the victory has more meaning.

And leveling a cleric is easy, at least as far as lvl48 for me so far (done mostly with Ioun stone instead of a companion helping me). There was a rough patch in the early 20's I think for me, but that probably also coincided with me leveling an Ioun stone instead of bringing a companion with me. Problem with cleric from what I understand is at max level when you're left with little to no flexibility in playstyle for fulfilling your role, but I'm not there yet and having a blast healing and blasting with my DC.

I've found GFs harder to find than DCs. At least queues are much faster on my GF than on my DC.
  • gentoo1972gentoo1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    indolo238 wrote: »

And leveling a cleric is easy, at least as far as lvl48 for me so far (done mostly with Ioun stone instead of a companion helping me).
    Back in my day, you would heal once and the entire instance would come and beat the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of you. You are correct, leveling a cleric Now is easy.

Get off my lawn
    Uphill both ways
    etc etc
  • dread131313dread131313 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013

And your anecdotal evidence is nothing compared to mine. I leveled to 50 through instances and questing. Never had anyone DC in a dungeon, and never not finished a dungeon.

You sir, fail at reading comprehension. Never did he say that cryptic has been making MMO's for 30 years. Not sure if terrible troll attempt or just plain ignorant. He was saying in 30 years of "people making MMO's, Cryptic cant seem to achieve the ability to put in a "oops player disconnected mechanic, I will replace them" from the server".

Having said that, yes he might have exaggerated a little bit, but even myself has had players DC in dungeons, im happy for you that your game playing experience in this game has been a nice and shiny polished one with no one ever disconnecting ever ever in a dungeon but I guess youre just a unique snowflake because a lot of us here, have.

Good day to you.
  • nyxandrianyxandria Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Maybe you should keep the insults out. I don't like instances either and I'm level 28. I've only ever been in 3 because of quests. The orc assault, the swamp one and that tower one.
    I don't really like it, you just spam your few spells into mobs. It's a bit of fun but I can't see myself queuing for another just for the XP. I enjoy questing more.
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2013

No, the structure is fine, it clearly implied the industry not Cryptic itself to anyone who knows that Cryptic hasn't been making MMOs for 30 years. You seem to be one of those people, so yeah, you were just being a smartass, good job.

It would have been more accurate to say MUDs though, not MMOs. MMOs have only existed for just over 15 years.

Back on topic, yes, the dungeons are badly screwed up. Yes, they've tried to fix at least the queue, and failed. No, they haven't said if they're going to try fixing it again. Even if they did, it needs a lot more fixing then they've even tried and failed to do so far (Only supports one spec for hybrid classes, no support for inviting replacements if you queued to enter, no support for teleporting players to the dungeon unless invited by queue, no control over party leader assignment when using queue, no control over loot when using queue, respawn points are often badly placed, dungeon entrances are almost all a pain to reach, boss mechanics are too simple, too much trash, and lots, lots more.)
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.