test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Templar's Domain hidden cooldown?

baezylbaezyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Temple
When dealing damage, you have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to gain 30% more armor penetration for 5 seconds

The above sounded promising when I went to test it out on preview server.

What I found though was that it seems to have a huge internal cooldown.

At first i thought it just was just flat out bugged and hardly ever proc'd but then I tried respeccing multiple times just to get templars domain and found that it would proc on my first attack every single time after respeccing.

The problem is that it would not proc again for at least 2 minutes! I did not test it enough to find the actual cooldown for it but I would not be surprised if it was 3 minutes or more.

Is there something I am doing wrong or missing here or is the feat really that worthless?
Post edited by baezyl on

Comments

• Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    its worthless, its better to take the two piece bonus from the Templar's set and the two piece bonus from any other set or going with exemplar's on the other two pieces for their defense stat
  • Options
    baezylbaezyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So I have seen some posts where people recommend using 1 point in this. Do any of you who do this not encounter an internal cooldown?
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    They do, and that's exactly the reason why they only spend a single point in it. The bonus Armor Pen is the same regardless of levels, the only thing affected is chance to proc.

Templar's Domain's cooldown needs to be improved, or it should be a 3 point max instead of a 5 point max feat. What's the point of giving the feat 5 levels if it gives you the best returns on a single point?
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    najjanajja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    After a few tests on the Preview Server it seems to be a 5 minute cool-down, just like Holy Resolve, which is completely ridiculous for its effect. There's no sense in an ability that lasts for 5 seconds having a 5 minute cool-down unless its excessively strong, which Templar's Domain is not. In my honest opinion, disregarding the possibility that they just don't know what they're doing, I think this might just be a case of someone typing an extra zero. I figure they meant for something more like a 30 second cool-down and wound up with a 300 second one. Hopefully this and Holy Resolve get fixed.
  • Options
    maahkremuirsongmaahkremuirsong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    while armor pen is quite nice......... i find it useless sometimes for clerics since we have many debuffs (spells, armor sets, enchants) and our team mates usually have other debuffs,

So i opted templar's off my spec, coz as i've stated before it becomes mute with the other effects, secondly the amount of armor pen we get from cleric gears is not really much.

I've also find it more useful to rely on higher crit rate than additional armor pen.