test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comment on my Build

ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
edited July 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I'm a lvl 20 TR and I'm trying to plan ahead.. I found this calculator and would like other more experienced TRs to comment on this build I came up with..
http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=pa7:4yq5v:61xb,1u23505:9k000:6c000:b2n51&h=0

thanks and feel free to use the thread to ask about your builds :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ujavcad on

Comments

• noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    First of all, are you planning to do pvp or pve? Tbh, I can't really work out what this build is for or how you're going to play it, but I'll still give you some advices. So if you're going with pve, you dont need speed swindle at all, twilight adept is not very usefull in pve either, and neither is swift footwork, I'd prefer the crit and damage nodes. You could also switch improved cunning sheak to disciple of strenght and some other damage nodes. Cruelty's reward isn't that good, especially when you haven't put full points in it and devastating shroud isn't that good, since you're almoust allways better off with lurker's assault or whirlwind of blades.
    And if you're up to pvp, I wouldn't recommend action advantage, rather go for crit and health. Underhanded tactics isn't that good for pvp either, and I would deffinetly go out of cruelty's reward, for obvious reasons. I would prefer critical teamwork over nimble dodge too.
    It's hard to comment on this build when you haven't told much about the skills you're going to use or are you going to pve or pvp.
  • ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    I'm planning to do both PvP and PvE
    Shocking Execution and Lurker's Assault will be my dailies and Bloodbath can replace Shocking Execution,
    I can also use Whirlwind of Blades if I feel I need it, most probably in PvE more than in PvP

for encounters I will use: Lashing Blade, Bait and Switch, Impossible to Catch, Shadow Strike and some others (I think I will be switching between them based on the situation)

at wills: all of them except Gloaming Cut

basically what I'm trying to get from this build is:
    - a lot of stealth (keeping it up long and replenishing it fast)
    - mobility (movement speed while in stealth and dodge (I did not do calculations but I think I can almost get 3 dodges))
    - building action points

I don't think I need to put many feats in crit and damage since I will get lot's of it anyway, from gear..

thank you for your reply, I hope it's clearer now, what I'm trying to accomplish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noose93noose93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 38
    edited July 2013
    In that case, I would get rid of underhanded tactics and speed swindle, and fill nimble dodge and cunning stalker. Remove the cruelty's reward and either fill devastating shroud with it or remove cruelty's reward and devastating shroud, and fill thrill of the kill with them. Either way, lose the cruelty's reward, since it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in both pvp and pve. I would remove 3 points out of action advantage and fill weapon mastery with them, since crit will serve you better in bot pve and pvp. You seem to put much points in buffing combat advantage, which isn't that great in pvp atleast. That said, I would actually get rid of action advantage all together, and go for more health, since it'll serve you better in both pve and pvp (if you choose to move 3 points out of it to crit). As for the passives, I'd recommend tenacious concealment(or sneak attack, your choice) and skillful infiltrator for pvp and tactics and skillful infiltrator for pve.
  • ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    I disagree on combat advantage, as a TR you crit a lot anyway and while in stealth every hit is a combat advantage hit..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    I've found crit and hp more suitable for pvp (and I think action advantage is better in pve), but I'm not running with full stealth based build, so I guess it's up to you which one you like.
    edited July 2013
    And btw, I wouldn't recommend you to use SE anymore, since theres not many situations where it overruns LA. SE only executes one, while LA gives you stealth boost and HUGE damage boost, making you able to kill 2-3 enemies with it. Only down side of LA is that if you get cc'd even for a second, its gone, making it basically wasted daily, so one should time ItC with it to prevent cc. And LA is simply way better in pve too, so no reason to buff SE.