test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP has major issue. Biggest is it is not fun

vangeraldvangerald Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
After grinding up to level 60, and starting to use my glory points in gear, I was looking forward to taking my Guardian fighter out to PvP.

And the first match was everything I was hoping for. It was fun, fast and furious. I thought that all that time taking a pushback and shell tank was finally paying dividends.

And in PvE, it has been great, even though I can not kill Bosses in dungeons. It was what I set out to do with the character.

Then reality came crashing down. PvP was becoming increasingly annoying. It became a pattern of me moving, dazed, die. Most times I am unable to kick of any powers while visiting blow to the head land. And die in micro seconds.

OK, I concede I am not a great PvP player, however I have played PvP since the character qualified. However this is what else is happening:

1. People quitting as soon as they realise they will not get the required lolz, ensuring those who do stay get slapped like red headed stepchildren.

2. The claim (true or not) that players are cheating via bots and other means. One game where I managed to get the top blue player as I was able to survive longer than everyone else and get some hits in, even though I have not focused on damage whatsoever.

3. As a tank, when a CW and TR are close by, I have only my Encounter range attacks and most times they miss. Yet they can teleport around and avoid my damage. And of cause as soon as I am dazed, they can kill me faster than a teenager in a slasher movie.

I would love to have a dev to watch or analyse the data from a PvP match I am in, and tell me I am doing things wrong. However I dont think I am, and I should not be penalised for building a non dps monster.

Regards
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ha. You're not fooling anyone. As a GF you're obviously out there one-shotting everyone with your OPness. We're on to your clever ruse!

On a more serious note.. When playing my GF sometimes I do really good but that's probably because the other team is really bad. Other times I just get wrecked. Or in other words you win some you lose some. I try not to get upset about it as it's all for fun. That and 4000 AD. If it weren't for that I wouldn't even bother since PvP definitely has some issues in this game.

As for leavers now that it's (mostly) safe at spawn point you can use that time to converse with the other team! A little friendly banter never hurts and can make things less stressful.
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just from reading your post I can analyze you have bad positioning, bad timing and clueless how strong your class is, youre going all defense when GFs can dish out the most dps in single combo.

Also I dont see the point QQing after only few pvps, if you install any other game thats been out for AGES, like CS, BF, COD you will most likely get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. is that the devs fault aswell? why do people just decide to cry everytime its not an easy win instead of analyzing their gameplay and the enemy, read about builds, gear, enchants.

this is beyond ridiculous at this point.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Well there is a bridge missing it's troll.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I love PvP. I am a GF and I get 10-20 kills per match. The PvP in this game is tons of fun just want more of it with more maps and 10v10.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    To the OP,

My experience is somewhat the same, only the classes differ. I play a lvl60 TR, CW and recently a 60 GWF, still leveling 30ish DC and GF.

From bracket 20-59 PvP is actually fun IF there are at least 4 players on each side. I found with each class that it takes a decent time to kill and be killed, everyone can stand 1v1 for at least a good 10 to 20 seconds. When it's 1v2 you either need great skill or a good retreat. Skill matters. Gearscore and level before getting upscaled matters too, especially in the 30-39 bracket, but still not as much as teamplay in all the time there is for it.

But ALL matches have bots in them, and my general experience is that the team with the most bots, afk'ers and drop-outs loses, period. It also usually takes a while longer to find a match below lvl59 than at lvl60. There are far more lvl60's waiting in queue than those of a particular bracket. It's not that there are less bots in the lvl60 bracket, it's just that there are way more real players.

In overall though, I kinda like it.

But then I hit 60. At first on my TR I figured it was normal I got killed in under 3 seconds or stunlocked from full health till death. I was still in greens. But I plowed on, earning every piece of pvp gear and used all my Founder's ad's on T2 gear and some armor and weapon enchantments. I'm at the gearscore that lets me in every dungeon except CN.

But basically the only thing that changed from my all greens, is that now I have one of those classes that can kill in under 3 seconds, while also still get killed that way too. I figured I needed to learn more about the other classes, hence the lvl60 CW and GWF (purple pvp gear). But the whole pvp experience was exactly the same. Up to 59 it feels I actually have a chance in a rough spot, at 60 it's like everything hits with a ton of trucks.

I'm not sure what the difference really is, but it's sure not the same as an upscaled lvl x1 against a fully decked lvl x9 in the lvl10-59 range.

I am sure it's not any particular class. I mean, at every time there are at least 5 threads claiming the OPness of one class or another, wanting to nerf each other into ... well... maybe into something it would have been pre-60 if there were no bots?
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    To the OP,

My experience is somewhat the same, only the classes differ. I play a lvl60 TR, CW and recently a 60 GWF, still leveling 30ish DC and GF.

From bracket 20-59 PvP is actually fun IF there are at least 4 players on each side. I found with each class that it takes a decent time to kill and be killed, everyone can stand 1v1 for at least a good 10 to 20 seconds. When it's 1v2 you either need great skill or a good retreat. Skill matters. Gearscore and level before getting upscaled matters too, especially in the 30-39 bracket, but still not as much as teamplay in all the time there is for it.

But ALL matches have bots in them, and my general experience is that the team with the most bots, afk'ers and drop-outs loses, period. It also usually takes a while longer to find a match below lvl59 than at lvl60. There are far more lvl60's waiting in queue than those of a particular bracket. It's not that there are less bots in the lvl60 bracket, it's just that there are way more real players.

In overall though, I kinda like it.

But then I hit 60. At first on my TR I figured it was normal I got killed in under 3 seconds or stunlocked from full health till death. I was still in greens. But I plowed on, earning every piece of pvp gear and used all my Founder's ad's on T2 gear and some armor and weapon enchantments. I'm at the gearscore that lets me in every dungeon except CN.

But basically the only thing that changed from my all greens, is that now I have one of those classes that can kill in under 3 seconds, while also still get killed that way too. I figured I needed to learn more about the other classes, hence the lvl60 CW and GWF (purple pvp gear). But the whole pvp experience was exactly the same. Up to 59 it feels I actually have a chance in a rough spot, at 60 it's like everything hits with a ton of trucks.

I'm not sure what the difference really is, but it's sure not the same as an upscaled lvl x1 against a fully decked lvl x9 in the lvl10-59 range.

I am sure it's not any particular class. I mean, at every time there are at least 5 threads claiming the OPness of one class or another, wanting to nerf each other into ... well... maybe into something it would have been pre-60 if there were no bots?

This is so spot on; I have had pretty much the same experience, and I feel so disappointed that the pvp goes from really good pre-60 to almost silly at level cap. Devs we implore you give us that sweet, sweet pvp we enjoyed from levels 10-59 at level cap as well, its such a waste the way things are at the moment.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I love PvP. I am a GF and I get 10-20 kills per match. The PvP in this game is tons of fun just want more of it with more maps and 10v10.

gotta do it, can't resist.

except in matches with TR, he's thinks they don't fight fair so he takes his group and leaves
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Once I read that you haven't PVPed since level 10, I knew you were in trouble. 10-59 PVP is so vital for a few reasons.

1. It's practice. You get familiar with your class and abilities.
    2. You see other classes. A CW 15 plays very differently than a CW 45. They have different skills, powers and tactics.
    3. You (hopefully) learn how to work as a team, which (in my humble opinion) is the most important aspect of PVP.
    4. You learn the maps and all the little gimmicks that go with each.
    5. You learn to count your enemies Dodges and Encounter Powers, mainly.
    6. You see other builds, powers, tactics and either copy or learn to adapt.

Those are just off the top of my head. Don't complain about PVP when you haven't PVPed 10-59. There are some people who only level via PVP. I have a level 60 GF, CW, GWF, TR and I'm working on a cleric now. Haven't dropped a dime on this game and my gear isn't amazing, but I can still hold my own unless the other team is all BiS with Tennys.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Those are just off the top of my head. Don't complain about PVP when you haven't PVPed 10-59. There are some people who only level via PVP. I have a level 60 GF, CW, GWF, TR and I'm working on a cleric now. Haven't dropped a dime on this game and my gear isn't amazing, but I can still hold my own unless the other team is all BiS with Tennys.

I completely agree with your points. But I also found they go out the window once your character hits 60, or at least exponentialy differ ;)
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »
    I completely agree with your points. But I also found they go out the window once your character hits 60, or at least exponentialy differ ;)

Exponentially differ? Nah, level 60 PVP is just faster. A lot faster.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The irony is that with my Cleric, I am having a blast in PvP and find I am getting top points and higher kill counts. AT the moment I have just entered the 20-29 band, so it will be interesting to see how the cleric fairs. Part of the joy is that range is harder for the stunners to stun you, but it still happens every so often