test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What were they thinking

possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I cannot figure out what the developers were thinking, mixing and mashing the attribute bonuses around like they did. I checked some older threads but none addressed the problem at its core, the developers.

I hadn't bothered to look at the attribute stats in any detail until my brother and I were researching combat advantage and what stat increased or decreased it, imagine my surprise when I saw Charisma...of all things being the primary for this all to important game mechanic, again developers, what were you thinking? That the mobs of other players would die of fright if the player were too ugly adding additional damage, or that the player character, being so beautiful and charismatic simply had the enemy standing around in awe, crying at the beauty they were beholden...whilst that beauty beat them senseless.

With the stat bonuses being mixed up between all classes, that is, most bonuses are NOT where they should be in relation to all classes, I can see why the developers are having the problems they are. Take the GF and GWF one would think, using common sense, that being fighter classes their attribute bonuses would in this case be the same, not so, they are completely mixed up.

There is absolutely no reason the stat bonuses should have been mixed up like they are now. Stat bonuses for strength should be the same across the board, along with every other attribute.

Charisma......combat advantage......no sense at all, if anything combat advantage needs to be linked to two stats, INT and DEX across the board, smart classes think and then use positioning to their advantage, fast dexterous players using speed and positioning, just as examples for arguments sake.

All stats need fixed to get bonuses where they need to be. Having primary or secondary stats means nothing if the bonuses are mixed up by the developers or someone read something wrong while the game mechanics were being put together, add to that the afterthought of "where will we put the combat advantage bonus?", "I know!..Charisma!!!"

Just more failures that would require major reworking that are now "features" in a mistake ridden, bug plagued, exploited to hell game. Pretty much covers todays observations. Grin.
There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
Post edited by possum440 on

Comments

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    possum440 wrote: »
    Charisma......combat advantage......no sense at all, if anything combat advantage needs to be linked to two stats, INT and DEX across the board, smart classes think and then use positioning to their advantage, fast dexterous players using speed and positioning, just as examples for arguments sake.

Or characters with high Charisma (i.e, good communicators & leaders) are able to better direct & position their allies so as to create combat advantage as you double-team the enemy from either side.

Yeah, just trying to come up with something. Didn't turn out too bad. :p
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Charisma is normally used to distract or mislead an opponent, so I guess it could well be that you can gain CA through misdirection.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Really any stat can gain combat advantage, what it should makes sense is make it reasonable for the class. Like cha or str giving a Wizzy a combat advantage is just <removed>.

But yeah... cha on a fighter or combat advantage is pretty <removed>. But then again, there are so many <removed> decisions with designing this game it's to be expected.